• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf on Wifi

Pimpsta_Nsane

Smash Rookie
Laser Laser Laser Laser Laser Laser FSMASH FSMASH FSMASH FSMASH FSMASH FSMASH Laser Laser Laser Laser Laser Laser FSMASH FSMASH FSMASH...

The above sequence of moves "Considered spam in my opinion" is being used by MLG Wolf users at an alarming amount. Being a delayed Olimar player, doesn't help one bit. Throw an army of pikmin at him, F-Smash F-Smash. Retreat to pluck more pikmin, Laser Laser Laser. Get pissed and go in for some hand to hand combat, F-Smash F-Smash F-Smash. Now I would consider myself to a "Good" Olimar player, and being killed like this doesn't improve the fun factor of this game on any scale.

Please, if ANYONE has ANY ideas on how to DESTROY these kind of players, by all means, help a guy out.

Thanks for reading,

Pimpsta Nsane

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
He's programmed to be effective like that. Is it fair? No. Is it fun? No. How to counter it? Learn to work around it. Yes, depending on who you are, it might be really hard or just plain boring to work around it.

Camping is king (and Wolf is good at it).

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
If you're a good player, you'd know how to stop the super-spam.

With Olimar, he has some range with Pikmin-based air attacks. My advice is to jump and use aerials out of your shield.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Can't really tell you, just find a way to kick his butt.
Grab an item or two.
PWN him with said items.
EPIC WIN.

Seriously, I am a Wolf main myself, and it sucks that people are like this.
Worse, (no offense, I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly) people don't even try to counter it.
NOT SAYING YOU AREN'T, it's just the majority of online players seem like smash n00bs no matter WHO they play.
And furthermore, I play Lucas a lot, so I know about spam.
I don't, though.
I just use it to start every match.
Remember that, and Ike's sideB.
Ike players (like me) love to start it with that, or a good AETHER!

Razed

Smash Ace
Haha, I discovered this on my own while playing with friends ^^. With the lag, Wolf is more than top tier! My mains were just averaging with those of my friends (online)... so, for fun, I switched to Wolf for a game. I destroyed him every time ^^

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
lucas or ness or G&W down B absorbs the laser, G&W gets his strong paint, and lucas/ness gain back health, to beat the fsmash just shield grab, or short hop behind him and shield or smash. I beat those que-er wolfes with G&W by using f/b air and d air and dash up smash at 75-85%. Use the Down B as much as you can and that can kill the wolf easily.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
If they truly are poor wolf smash spammers, get them to space their f smash badly, so that they stop just infront of you using shorthops. If you're lucas, you can absorb their lasers and then damage them with the end of the PSI magnet. It's really annoying getting hit by that.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
Gee, tired of lag and stupid campy gameplay? Play Melee.
It doesn't really work to attack Brawl for having laggy online when Melee's online is nonexistant.

Also, on-topic, good luck against Wolf. My only recommendation is to shield, grab, and roll better, but on Wifi I'm just not sure what you can do.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
The only way I've been able to come near to counter a good Wolf online was by trying to read his game and trying to dodge all his attacks.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I REVISIT THIS THREAD.

I just played a Wolf online and have come to the conclusion that he is the biggest most broken piece of campy lasery fsmash **** in this game.

I hate wolf so bad. I won both times but never have I experienced more frustrating battles.

How I won: Okay the wolf I fought was rather stupid, Snake's upSmash often seemed to mess with his timings. If he misses a Smash, punish with the RPG smash. Wolf is TOO fast for you to really prosper with your mines, but if you can lay one, it will keep him on his toes.

Snake's Ftilt is really fast, and sometimes makes them trip if you hit with the first part, guaranteeing a hit with the 2nd part, which is really powerful and can KO wolf at around 100%.

Snake's AAA is very good because of it's speed, I think it counters Wolf's Fsmash if you just hold the button (to do Snake's rapid punches) but I'm not too sure on that one.

Snake's taunt saved me once. Getting out of the box, the box falling off clanked out his F smash, he was so confused it gave me a free hit.

MAKE SURE you shield wolf's AAA, it's really really annoying, and if you shield it you can grab him.
Snake's D throw does a lot of damage, so use it at lower %s because a lot of the time you can go immediately into an AAA combo and rack up teh damages.

If wolf's % is higher, always throw him off the stage because Wolf's recovery is terrible, so it's pretty easy to intercept or just kind of camp with a projectile. The more time Wolf spends recovering, the more likely he is to do something stupid and kill himself, and of course, the less time he is spending being a spammy campy fsmashy giant douche.

Hope this helps any Snake mains reading the thread.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Against stupid Wolf campers, I find Lucas to counter him the best.

The obvious one is his down b. Using the crappy laser to your advantage, then force him/her to get out and most likely overuse the fsmash. When you see this, anticipate the stupid Wolf to continually use this until he reaches the other side of the stage. The best counter would be his dsmash. It lasts a while, powerful, and the n00b Wolf will most likely fsmash right into Lucas' dsmash (make them feel very stupid). The n00b Wolf will probably find a new tactic, most likely with his awesome airials. Lucas has great airails as well, both in range and power, so it will be easy to beat a n00b in the airial game.

I've experianced a n00b Wolf many times, and found this to be the easiest way.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Meh, as a Lucas main, I don't really have problems with this. Laser spam? Psi Magnet stops it cold and heals you in the process. Or you could respond by perfect shielding or jumping over one and smacking him with a PK Fire in return. Or just jump above him and come down with the dair or nair (and if he charges a usmash, instead come down in front of or behind him and smack him with a fair/bair). Fsmash spam? Lucas' dsmash acts as a perfect trap for that, PK Fire can stop it cold, or you can just jump and smack him with an aerial after the smash finishes.

Dedede has similarly few problems with it. Waddle Dees both block lasers and hit him back, and they plus his tilts are nice responses to the fsmash. Oh, and shield grab to chain grab.

Don't know what to say about countering it with Olimar though. I know as much about playing Olimar as I do about playing Kirby or Yoshi - which is to say, next to nothing.

Zevox

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well you guys stop your *****ing, yes wolf is a pain in the *** to fight, and yes he is very difficult to approach especially online but the only way you get better fighting gay is by fighting it over and over again until you consciously and even unconsciously memorize every little flaw your opponent character has.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
heres a run down on the worst spammers (from experince)

Wolf- already said
Olimar- Pikmen throw, run and pluck repeat
Zelda- Dins fire
IC- the ice throw (side-B i belive)
Sonic- Side-B
Pit- Arrows
Pikachu-Thunder
Lucas- PK THUNDER

Top Bottom