• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Wolf is a rival much like MetaKnight is to Kirby. Let's look at some facts here. We are missing a major part of this and that is the literary concepts. What I mean, all video games have a story line. Star Fox has a series of stories that shows us the relationships between characters such as Fox, Wolf, Falco and Krystal. The relationship between Fox and Falco at the beginning of the story and the games, was very strong, hence his debut in Melee. However, over time, that relationship has petered out slowly. This could be to poor planning on the writers and concepts mappers of the game, but that is the way it is.
Is anyone really that surprised that Fox falls in love with Krystal? All heroes in nearly every story written in history fall in love. It's nothing unusual. Thus, a relationship between Fox and Krystal has grown and strengthened.
Wolf and Fox are rivals. In Assault we see a deeper connection between Fox and Wolf when Wolf aids Fox for the first time ever. What does this mean? It means that the relationship between Wolf and Fox is evolving. If I am not mistakened with the story line of Star Fox Assault, Wolf helps Fox because he knows that Fox is the only person that can defeat the bad guys, and Wolf knows that he couldn't defeat them alone, hence, he joins Fox to beat them. See his moves are self interested like many villains in any story line. Wolf, to ensure his own survival against a new threat, helps Star Fox only to keep his onw tail from the grave. Along the way, he admits a little respect towards his rival, nothing too deep there.
I dont see Wolf acting in a good guy manner at all. If we base the inclusion of characters off relationships alone, Fox Krystal and WOLF will all be there and Falco will sit this one out. While Falco's relationship is shaky with Fox and this point, Wolf's relationship with Fox is evolving and growing deeper.

If we wish to take this to a gaming perspective only, Wolf still has just as much chance as Falco. Now, I hate patterns and theories, but if we look at the changes from Melee to Brawl in terms of characters, what do we see? Obviously we see an increase in rivals and bad guys and antagonists with Bowser, MetaKnight, King Dedede, and Wario. Since we have no evidence at this point of clones or characters that were clones returning, we can say that Falco's chances have lowered and Wolf's chances have increased making them equal--50/50.
In my opinion the only person that will make it in for sure, outside of Fox haha, is Krystal because she has the advantage of being in Dinosaur Planet and can have the bow-staff and magic qualities to maker her very unique not only from the the Star Fox reps, but also the rest of the female characters in Brawl. This leaves a battle between Wolf and Falco, each having a 50-50 chance.
NICELY put raul. You have a way of putting things into words that I just cannot do, haha.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I think that might be true... While it might not mean anything, I think there were more endings in Command focusing on Team Star Wolf than Falco... Most focused on Krystal and/or Fox.

Falco was specifically focused on in ONE, with another having him share it with Fox, while the ones with Wolf in them focused on his whole team, one of two truly being about Krystal.

But then, that's just Command.

Anyone notice that the cooler characters of Star Fox (Wolf and Falco) were absent in Adventures until the end? Or am I mistaken....

Desruprot

Smash Lord
...Eternal Debate Going on, I favor both, but I just think wolf is a little bit cooler then Falco at this moment, Wolf looks better in his Assault Costum then falco does...

raul

Smash Lord
I think that might be true... While it might not mean anything, I think there were more endings in Command focusing on Team Star Wolf than Falco... Most focused on Krystal and/or Fox.

Falco was specifically focused on in ONE, with another having him share it with Fox, while the ones with Wolf in them focused on his whole team, one of two truly being about Krystal.

But then, that's just Command.

Anyone notice that the cooler characters of Star Fox (Wolf and Falco) were absent in Adventures until the end? Or am I mistaken....
I beat the game ages ago and I don't remember Wolf at all, but I do remember Falco. Maybe my memory is just bad.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
Wolf is a rival much like MetaKnight is to Kirby. Let's look at some facts here. We are missing a major part of this and that is the literary concepts. What I mean, all video games have a story line. Star Fox has a series of stories that shows us the relationships between characters such as Fox, Wolf, Falco and Krystal. The relationship between Fox and Falco at the beginning of the story and the games, was very strong, hence his debut in Melee. However, over time, that relationship has petered out slowly. This could be to poor planning on the writers and concepts mappers of the game, but that is the way it is.
Is anyone really that surprised that Fox falls in love with Krystal? All heroes in nearly every story written in history fall in love. It's nothing unusual. Thus, a relationship between Fox and Krystal has grown and strengthened.
Wolf and Fox are rivals. In Assault we see a deeper connection between Fox and Wolf when Wolf aids Fox for the first time ever. What does this mean? It means that the relationship between Wolf and Fox is evolving. If I am not mistakened with the story line of Star Fox Assault, Wolf helps Fox because he knows that Fox is the only person that can defeat the bad guys, and Wolf knows that he couldn't defeat them alone, hence, he joins Fox to beat them. See his moves are self interested like many villains in any story line. Wolf, to ensure his own survival against a new threat, helps Star Fox only to keep his onw tail from the grave. Along the way, he admits a little respect towards his rival, nothing too deep there.
I dont see Wolf acting in a good guy manner at all. If we base the inclusion of characters off relationships alone, Fox Krystal and WOLF will all be there and Falco will sit this one out. While Falco's relationship is shaky with Fox and this point, Wolf's relationship with Fox is evolving and growing deeper.
If we wish to take this to a gaming perspective only, Wolf still has just as much chance as Falco. Now, I hate patterns and theories, but if we look at the changes from Melee to Brawl in terms of characters, what do we see? Obviously we see an increase in rivals and bad guys and antagonists with Bowser, MetaKnight, King Dedede, and Wario. Since we have no evidence at this point of clones or characters that were clones returning, we can say that Falco's chances have lowered and Wolf's chances have increased making them equal--50/50.
In my opinion the only person that will make it in for sure, outside of Fox haha, is Krystal because she has the advantage of being in Dinosaur Planet and can have the bow-staff and magic qualities to maker her very unique not only from the the Star Fox reps, but also the rest of the female characters in Brawl. This leaves a battle between Wolf and Falco, each having a 50-50 chance.
So not only is Wolf seeming more like a good guy, he's starting to go to the homo side, too?

Jk

But I don't see how having a good relationship with Fox = getting into Brawl. You make some good points, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

You people can go back to your Wolf talk, because I won't be debating with you anymore. Today's update was freakin' horrible, and I'm not checking the updates or going to this forum anymore, at least not until the game is released. Wolf and Falco both have a 50% chance of getting in, and I'll leave it at that.

raul

Smash Lord
Hehe, epic.

So did we agree on "You're good, but we're better?"

Edit: Also, does anyone think we need an official Starwolf Squadron thread since we don't have control of the first post of this one... Just a thought...
I agree to that. Perhaps something liKe "Official Wolf O'Donnell Support Thread: Home of the StarWolf Squadron."

Patinator

Smash Champion
Hmm... Some of us know what happened with the Ridley threads, if not most of us. Their third thread got closed because, well, it was their third. So giving us a second thread might not be the best choice...

BUT, then we can start anew! With an editable first post since the person who made this one seems to have vanished...

So (And this will make it seem to... R.I.D.L.E.Y.-ish...), who should be the first poster of the new thread, if we all agree on it, and which Mod should we PM about it? Hopefully not Kokichi or Youko, though... Gimpyfish?

raul

Smash Lord
Hmm... Some of us know what happened with the Ridley threads, if not most of us. Their third thread got closed because, well, it was their third. So giving us a second thread might not be the best choice...

BUT, then we can start anew! With an editable first post since the person who made this one seems to have vanished...

So (And this will make it seem to... R.I.D.L.E.Y.-ish...), who should be the first poster of the new thread, if we all agree on it, and which Mod should we PM about it? Hopefully not Kokichi or Youko, though... Gimpyfish?
Ahh yes, the Ridley threads. So sad to see them go. Let's PM Gimpyfish about it and see what he says before we select a first poster.

Cant let you do that Pat.

Patinator

Smash Champion
LOL! You're pretty funny when you wanna be, Mega...

Can't let me do what though? I know I'M not gonna be the first poster, if that's what you mean. I'd say someone like Chaos Leader or Raul.

BTW, nice new sig. Funny....

raul

Smash Lord
Let's first agree on the content of the new post and get permission from Gimpyfish. I believe he would have no real issue with us recreating the thread rather than starting a new one.

First, is there enough interest? I say we do it, anyone else agree?

Patinator

Smash Champion
Let's first agree on the content of the new post and get permission from Gimpyfish. I believe he would have no real issue with us recreating the thread rather than starting a new one.

First, is there enough interest? I say we do it, anyone else agree?
Well obviously, I agree. But as for the first part:

I think Mega could help us compose a good first post. He was a bit... Lazy in the second Ridley thread, no offense.

I say we could do something like that thread's first post: a guide to all things Wolf, a compilation of the many movesets, a list of members of the Star Wolf Squadron, a list of Wolf supporters but not members, and a guide to Wolf's appearances in games.

Anyone agree?

And we should also decide WHO makes the first post if we make a NEW thread, which I think is an okay option... But then, how do we RECREATE a thread???

raul

Smash Lord
Well obviously, I agree. But as for the first part:

I think Mega could help us compose a good first post. He was a bit... Lazy in the second Ridley thread, no offense.

I say we could do something like that thread's first post: a guide to all things Wolf, a compilation of the many movesets, a list of members of the Star Wolf Squadron, a list of Wolf supporters but not members, and a guide to Wolf's appearances in games.

Anyone agree?

And we should also decide WHO makes the first post if we make a NEW thread, which I think is an okay option... But then, how do we RECREATE a thread???
If Mega will help then fine, but perhaps the best thing to do is start a new thread and close this one. More people will see the official wolf thread etc, as a sign that this where you go to talk about Wolf.

We should have a history of starfox series that includues wolf and wolf's role in each of the games as well, common arguements and counter arguments, plus a view pictures and bam we're done.

raul

Smash Lord
If by first poster we mean the person who creates the opening thread to the forum, I could do it. I'll admit I am not the best with the color changes and pictures, however I am a historian and a writer in my spare time and I believe I could find all the information needed for the first post.

So if someone wants to split up the resposibility, I don't mind doing it.

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
I agree. Pictures, compilation of move-sets, arguments/counter-arguments, memberlist, sig buttons, brief history of Wolf with game appearances. The bomb squad made a new thread a while back, so I don't think it would be to frowned upon. I was thinking Chaos Leader or Raul for the first post.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Holy... WELL... I've gone and screwed up my record. First double post.

Know how I feel for this horrible mistake that isn't even MY FAULT?!

Utterly, unbearably horrible... I'm ashamed... I've broken a rule for the first time...!!!

Patinator

Smash Champion
You think I could do the first post? Aw, I'm flattered, Wu Tang Gang... But no, not ME. I didn't know how to put pictures in my signature until recently! I'd say Chaos or Raul.

Well, I don't think the Bomb Squad was around before Bomberman's new thread came around. And actually, the old one was never closed. Not that I posted there, but...

So who should it be? Raul or Chaos Leader, the latter of which seems to be strangely absent...

I'd lean towards Raul, personally...

By the way, who leads the Squadron anyway? I've never found out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom