• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf in 2vs2, Doubles, Teams

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Post anything t helpful about doubles, be it level choices, partners or anything else that you have found.

I like wolf in teams because he has a lot of options. There is a move in his bag of tricks for any range. I like being able to be in between the two opponents and push one off the edge while being able to assist my partner. The blaster is quite helpful for disrupting an opponent that has an advantages position on your partner. In doubles I guess I play more of an assist role--helping where it's needed. Doubles seems to work better when it's not just two 1vs1s and every little added hit helps.

I don't know about you guys, but wolf plays a lot differently in doubles than in singles, since you have less control over the spacing.

I didn't see any thread that focused on all things doubles so sorry if I missed it XD.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I really hope this time we actually get some good teams discussion going on ._.

Shine. It's my favorite thing to use in team battles. You can also have some useful setups with dthrow, as long as it isn't teched. Wolf definitely makes for a nice assist character, filling in for the other characters weakspots.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Game and Watch would be the answer to all doubles teams, as Valdens would probably say along those lines...

Palpi

Smash Hero
Could Ike complement Wolf at all? I don't know the details about wolf, I am doing a lot of reading tonight, but I have been messing around with wolf all night, and it just hit me that they possibly could be a reliable doubles team.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
This is the third time we attempt to discuss teams so lets not fail this one.

I think zero suit samus could be a decent partner for wolf.

Also in teams your reflector is really good for disrupting the enemy.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm thinking Ike would probably be a good team, along with any other large character that can get combo'd or just hit around easily (DK seems to be a very good candidate too). Shine can cover people's backs pretty well, so teaming with someone that could really use with some cover is worth a shot.

Does anyone here actually have teams experience with wolf?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i'd say wolf + snake would make an awesome team. Wolf racks up damage really quickly while snake deals the finishing blows

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
i have a friend who uses marth and people who cant tech that d throw are doomed...
I like Marth + Wolf. A lot of Wolf's moves can be set up bait for Marth, and I believe Marth is more reliable than Ike.

D-throw and shine can cause opponents to be knocked into Marth's F-smash.

B-throw launches people straight upwards, which Marth can take advantage of too.

Marth's and Wolf's F-smash both take up a lot of space, which can be used for sandwiching.

Wolf's B-air and Marth's F-air are both really quick air moves that are good for air control and ledge guarding.

Wolf's projectile isn't necessarily far reaching or fast so it wouldn't interrupt Marth, plus Marth would have time to counter it and launch it back at opponents.

Most of this is just in theory though.

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
Problem 2 your pretty right with everything you said they work real well together also for some reason i like teaming with zelda it just feels right for some reason

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I can see zelda and wolf as a good team. I've tried it with my friend before and I believe it worked pretty well.

Vista

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is awful in doubles

Awfullllll

Wolf's game centralizes too much on controlling to be effective in doubles. It's better to pick characters that can edgeguard and gimp well, as a character who is better off waiting on stage for them to return is pretty useless in doubles imo.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
If your partner is Falco or Fox or something they can shoot lasers at you and then they jump so you can Shine them back in that direction and maybe hit someone. Better for damage racking than regular lasers.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What about everything else wolf has going for him? Great punishing, shine for saving your partner, and good aerial control are all helpful in doubles. If your partner is a decent enough edgeguarder, you're set, and it's not like wolf can't go offstage himself (although his gimp game is sub-par against people who know how to DI bair), or just flat-out kill people with dsmash.

I'm not saying that even though gimping is the preferred trait in doubles, it doesn't mean both characters need to have god-like gimping powers for a team to work. That being said, marth+wolf really seems to be a solid team.

Rythe

Smash Journeyman
I agree, Marth and Wolf make a killer team. I was in an online (yes, online, you don't have to make a scene about it) 2v2 tournament and we did pretty well. Of course, we only got to do one round because little did we know we were put against the winning team for the first match. We came pretty close to beating them, though.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
It's better to pick characters that can edgeguard and gimp well, as a character who is better off waiting on stage for them to return is pretty useless in doubles imo.
Not necessarily, the wolf is not waiting on stage for the opponent to return, he is helping his partner in a two on one...

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
Vista is sorta right but people tend to fall for stupid **** in teams because there is a lot more to concentrate on so you can kinda of just **** with d smash when people get to higher %

Top Bottom