• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Community Combo Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laem

Smash Champion
play some1 slightly worse than you but more importantly doesnt know the matchup, and u will have a 3 stock match combo video (i know i did at my latest tourney, left the poor guy utterly staggered cos my d3 only 2 stocked him LOL. im afraid most of my stuff isnt recorded tho, but if theres no deadline, remember this: Procrastination makes perfect.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i have lots of random strings with my snake and peach but not wolf, i just can't seem to make anything decent with wolf that hasnt been seen a hundred times before, ie: shine gimp twice to recovery, bair to fsmash etc. i'll keep trying though, we definatly need a six hit bair storm on a ROB though, that'd make me happy

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
but its easier to chain on anyone then a lot of moves out there ;) we can all agree on that, proper di and certain characters are the mighty bairs only problems, that and mk

_Kain_

Smash Champion
It doesn't work against good DKs and Luigis. I fight good DKs and Luigis.

:059:
lol bair chains work on anyone depends on if its stale or not. LOL it really works on DK hes so fat and easy to do it on

KRDsonic

Smash Master
lol bair chains work on anyone depends on if its stale or not. LOL it really works on DK hes so fat and easy to do it on
DK has a quick Up B, it's not hard to DI the Bair and then Up B if you have to, or always space yourself just right so Wolf can't hit you with the right part of his Bair to start it. DKs that don't know the matchup completely are easy to Bair lock, yes, but people like jS that know the matchup never have that happen to them. Just like how I never get Up B edgeguarded by DKs anymore with my Wolf :D

_Kain_

Smash Champion
DK has a quick Up B, it's not hard to DI the Bair and then Up B if you have to, or always space yourself just right so Wolf can't hit you with the right part of his Bair to start it. DKs that don't know the matchup completely are easy to Bair lock, yes, but people like jS that know the matchup never have that happen to them. Just like how I never get Up B edgeguarded by DKs anymore with my Wolf :D

That can b said about anthing doesnt change the fact that u can chain them. Not like there always gonna DI right plus DK's shield is ****. And if they up b out of the bair there stupid cause thats a free hit on them

KRDsonic

Smash Master
That can b said about anthing doesnt change the fact that u can chain them. Not like there always gonna DI right plus DK's shield is ****. And if they up b out of the bair there stupid cause thats a free hit on them
Not if they have a platform above.

Trust me, jS is HARD to combo. I have an easier time comboing UTD Zac than I do with comboing jS. When people play the same matchup every day, they learn ways around a lot of this stuff. Sure I could get 2 Bairs in a row, maybe even 3 at times, but that definitely isn't combo video material.

Edit: Arguing about this is pointless by the way... you're theory crafting and I'm speaking from experience.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Not if they have a platform above.

Trust me, jS is HARD to combo. I have an easier time comboing UTD Zac than I do with comboing jS. When people play the same matchup every day, they learn ways around a lot of this stuff. Sure I could get 2 Bairs in a row, maybe even 3 at times, but that definitely isn't combo video material.

Edit: Arguing about this is pointless by the way... you're theory crafting and I'm speaking from experience.

Yes i'm theory crafting ive seen ur vids u play an unorthodox wolf. I play DK's too so im speaking from experience too jus because YOU can't get no combos on him doesnt mean someone else cant. Also your the one thats theorycraftin assuming ur the only one that plays good dk's

In all jus looks like ur not gettin any combo vid material off of him since u cant combo him

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
guys, guys... this argument is moot cause brawl has no combo's! ahaha.. i'm sorry about that.
but really, no need to argue, bair chain is beast,taxes suck, fruity drinks rock and kain/KRD are both lovely men, the world keeps turning regardless <3

tekkie

Smash Master
but really, no need to argue, bair chain is beast,taxes suck, fruity drinks rock and kain/KRD are both lovely men, the world keeps turning regardless <3
youre almost as much of a friggin hippie as i am

hawaiian punch is the ****. $1.99, lasts two months, comes with a handle on the lid so its portable

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yes i'm theory crafting ive seen ur vids u play an unorthodox wolf.
Just curious, but what's unorthodox about my wolf? I upload friendlies, not serious matches too, by the way.

Also your the one thats theorycraftin assuming ur the only one that plays good dk's
No, I said jS can't be comboed with Bair after a max of 3 Bair chains. He plays ONLY against a Wolf main all the time (me) and I ONLY play against a DK main all the time (him) so it's only natural that we both know the matchup so well that we can avoid everything against Wolf/DK that DK/Wolf can avoid.

In all jus looks like ur not gettin any combo vid material off of him since u cant combo him
I said that several posts ago already... I already have some decent clips but since there are already 2 people in this topic being so hostile, idk that I even want to be in the combo video now, feel like I'm not wanted. Don't worry though, that'll leave more spots open for other people and you won't have to put up with me, since you like to insult my knowledge of the one matchup I play all the time :D

Anyways, I'm outta this topic now, see ya :) No hard feelings. I'm just a kid who doesn't know what they're talking about :)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
aww, i'll miss you KRD ;~; so much angst over something that basically has no prevalence in brawl at all, how dumb, dammit wolves you're better than this!

also tekkie, i am not a hippie! D: i just don't like seeing woffles get into growling contests about something this stupid :p

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Just curious, but what's unorthodox about my wolf? I upload friendlies, not serious matches too, by the way.
You dont really bair wall and u play unsafe

No, I said jS can't be comboed with Bair after a max of 3 Bair chains. He plays ONLY against a Wolf main all the time (me) and I ONLY play against a DK main all the time (him) so it's only natural that we both know the matchup so well that we can avoid everything against Wolf/DK that DK/Wolf can avoid.
So if u get a bair chain of 3 on him why are you saying u cant bair chain him? Dont answer that cause yea im done with this lol

I said that several posts ago already... I already have some decent clips but since there are already 2 people in this topic being so hostile, idk that I even want to be in the combo video now, feel like I'm not wanted. Don't worry though, that'll leave more spots open for other people and you won't have to put up with me, since you like to insult my knowledge of the one matchup I play all the time :D

Anyways, I'm outta this topic now, see ya :) No hard feelings. I'm just a kid who doesn't know what they're talking about :)

I dont know why ur gettin so offended jus cause im arguing with u about DK being able to b bair chained. Not insulting ur knowledge jus dont agree with it and dont like when ppl only see it there way but oh well do wut u want.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
I think he just took it the wrong way kain, thought you were insulting his knowledge and skills its tough theorycrafting/ expressing opinions on the internet cause you can't hear the emotion behind it

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah man, the internet leaves a lot to be misconstrued >___>

KRD, you should still submit clips :) You're one of the few Wolves I've seen apply telestep/lightstep tricks in a match, so I'm sure that you'd have something unique to offer there.

tekkie

Smash Master
do really crazy **** and sometimes it works

i was playing against a marth and i did something really ******** like sh bair > sh shine > utilt > fair or something like that

i almost cracked up mid match

KRDsonic

Smash Master
k, just gets frustrating when I post something like

And then the response I get is

So if u get a bair chain of 3 on him why are you saying u cant bair chain him? Dont answer that cause yea im done with this lol
It just sounds to me like either people aren't really reading my posts or are just posting something in a manner of basically saying "you're stupid". This is a combo video thread so I was just talking about things that are combovideo worthy, yet people are too obsessed with arguing "you can combo bairs into eachother!" which doesn't mean anything since I said that I can too but it doesn't feel like combo video material to me.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
k, just gets frustrating when I post something like

And then the response I get is

It just sounds to me like either people aren't really reading my posts or are just posting something in a manner of basically saying "you're stupid". This is a combo video thread so I was just talking about things that are combovideo worthy, yet people are too obsessed with arguing "you can combo bairs into eachother!" which doesn't mean anything since I said that I can too but it doesn't feel like combo video material to me.

Seriously this is dumb the whole thing was about u saying u cant bair chain ppl cause the ppl u play r "too good" then u go on to say u get bair chains on them kinda contradicting. And yes on a sidenote bair chains r boring unless there above 4

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Seriously this is dumb the whole thing was about u saying u cant bair chain ppl cause the ppl u play r "too good" then u go on to say u get bair chains on them kinda contradicting. And yes on a sidenote bair chains r boring unless there above 4
Dude... drop it, it's over. You're smart and I'm an idiot, no one cares. My original posts about me playing good people was a joke since it's obvious that everyone plays good players, you just decided to take it seriously and be a jerk about it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
do really crazy **** and sometimes it works
This. Anything with utilt is automatically combo vid material imo. And personally, 3 bairs is worth using in a combo vid. We could show 3 then move up to 4, 5, 6 etc, I think it could turn out pretty nice if done well.

KRD, Kain, listen to the rest of us hippies. Please just relax, take it easy, let things go, and smoke some weed let's make us a combo vid :p

tekkie

Smash Master
as an additional intermediary i'd like to say that there are people who don't take bairs to the face that easily. i can say this because i live in the region where Kash invented the bair wall and basically all of wolf's friggin metagame. people around here know how to handle wolf, and it isnt even my fault.

i mean yeah i can get some sweet **** in but what KRD's trying to say is that ITS A PAIN IN THE ASSSSS MAN and when all you can fight are people who can **** the matchup it's an uphill battle no matter what.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
This. Anything with utilt is automatically combo vid material imo. And personally, 3 bairs is worth using in a combo vid. We could show 3 then move up to 4, 5, 6 etc, I think it could turn out pretty nice if done well.

So something like 3:04 in this video wth 5 Bairs in a row would work then?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq8YXwRMhs4

For some reason I always feel like if I pull something like that off that it probably means my opponent did something horribly wrong.

tekkie

Smash Master
For some reason I always feel like if I pull something like that off that it probably means my opponent did something horribly wrong.
i always get that feeling too. it's not like eight bairs in a row is even close to a true combo.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I guess negativity is my problem when it comes to getting combo video clips, since Brawl is mostly about reading your opponents, and most of the time when I get a clip that actually is good I think "Well they could have escaped that so I'll just delete it".

I have some times when I get really good clips though, like an IC clip I got against a DK, probably my favorite clip I've ever gotten.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i always get that feeling too. it's not like eight bairs in a row is even close to a true combo.
i think the max number of bairs you can get on someone is 6 XD unless you're so good you get three jumps O_O
KRD bair walls are sexy, no matter what, its a wolf FLYING through the air kicking the crap out of people with enraged back kicks, so its always good to have ^_^

@ish, i totally agree, if you combo out of utilt its immediately combo vid worthy, for the lulz if nothing else and everyone knows the lulz are whats important

tekkie

Smash Master
I guess negativity is my problem when it comes to getting combo video clips, since Brawl is mostly about reading your opponents, and most of the time when I get a clip that actually is good I think "Well they could have escaped that so I'll just delete it".
yeah i used to be like that but for the sake of a combo video we're both gonna have to accept that taking advantage of your opponent's mistakes is what we're showcasing.

for the lulz if nothing else and everyone knows the lulz are whats important
ultimate winnar.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
why thank you <3 everyone knows that lulz are all too important in competitive games, if you can't laugh at yourself then why play?

tekkie

Smash Master
i got like five or six bairs off against a good ROB today. it was hilarious.

then i got top sniped from across the stage trying to recover for the kill.

so we called it a match and both killed ourselves.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
you got infracted omni? why?

tekkie you have thr weirdest stories :3 its sounds like you had a noble gentlemans duel, how honorable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom