• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Combo Thread! (Testers would be nice, btw...)

JCav

Smash Lord
@ gull

i jab>grab all the time but on a few rare occasions ive been jabbed out of it, idk its still good

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to once more draw attention to FH Bair followups to launchers.

Say you launch the opponent with Fair/FF Uair/Dash Attack/Dair/Usmash/Utilt/Throw/whatever. If their only option to avoid the incoming FH Bair is an airdodge, then you technically have a combo with a second aerial (Bair/Uair) that hits them during the airdodge's ending lag.

The best part about this is that with airspeed + Bair range, you can chase DI on reaction, make it a non issue.

I'm not sure what characters this works on (weight/moveset), what percents, or how staleness affects your frame advantage after the launch.

EDIT: It seems that only FF Uair gives you enough frame advantage for this to work. I did not check for stale moves though, which might give the other launchers just enough frame advantage.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Wolfs d-tilt locks most characters against any wall from 17%-55% (they go into a hitstuned air tumble that cannot be teched) on the last d-tilt you can land an up smash or d-smash, it works very well on those annoying cp's such as; RC, FO, DP and PS1, I've used it many times in tourney, it works well and cannot be punished if performed correctly, best of all, it works on metaknight and since the d-tilt very slightly out ranges the meta f-tilt, it's a good punishing tool.

Edit: Upon further testing I've noticed that the lock goes to much higher %'s than 55% as to where the lock actually ends I do not know.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wow, I completely forgot about this... again .__.

Very good point with the dtilt lock Misturugi, I should definitely put that in. I'll test it with stale moves to make sure the %s are correct but they seem legit. Never thought about the usmash/dsmash though, nice.

Simiarly, stale dthrow can cg against a wall at low/mid %s (I remember people debunking this a long time ago but I swear it works, at least against Wario). I'll test that when confirming dtilt lock, probably on Monday.

Hooray for walls :p

:059:

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Seagull, none of those worked in training mode against the CPU, but I'm pretty sure that training mode is on drugs because it didn't say fair > utilt was a combo, but when I asked my friend to try and airdodge out he was unable to. When I have someone around for testing, I'll test all of them out. By smash to the ground, I'm assuming you mean miss a tech, right?

Also, I think that dthrow > buffered dtilt might somehow be a combo, idk. I was trying it on a cpu Ike in training mode and although it didn't come out as a combo, I found that when the dtilt was buffered perfectly he always tripped (he started at 4%). I need to test this with a friend as well, maybe dthrow stun is based off of weight class, or maybe dtilt trips 100% when the opponent is in a landing animation, idk...

Did you already try to jump after the Fair?
And I'm not sure with the dthrow > Dtilt combo. I know that at 0% you and your opponent can react at about the same time after a Dthrow (and ZSS can jab you before you can shield).

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The frame disadvantage is only at low %s, trust me ;D

And for fair, it doesn't work in training mode but works otherwise... I still need to test that out some more, but unfortunately I'm busy today. Yay homework :(

Top Bottom