• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wobbling Compromise

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Doesn't matter if Rest is worse than wobbling, the point is you don't deserve to die because someone can X + Down + B on you when you make a mistake.

So we should ban it.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
ok, once again. over centralization. big ****ing deal. we're all playing theory bros. im theorying that it could happen.

and my point is if you arent good enough to win with uber-damage grabs + a free smash attack everytime you grab. play brawl and do their dumb IC infinites.

we havent banned moves.

we have banned series of moves. and until you set a new precedent.......it is you who is grasping at straws.

ofcourse its subjective.

this whole game is subjective.

but honestly.

quad knee, thunders comboes, pillaring..............wobbling?

nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I thought we progressed past this kinda stuff.

If you want flash and wow, go watch a movie.

Personally, I'm here to play a competitive game where you learn to deal with tactics instead of banning them.

Introducing the Scrub

PEEF!

Smash Hero
if were gonna play super theory bros. i survived a rest @ 54% on DL64 before. so.......a wobble would've killed me.

wobbling > rest
vids or it didn't happen.

because it didn't happen.

Maybe if you crouch cancel...?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
oh no, i Reneblade who has never once said that i'm good at melee, got called a scrub by some1 who has no videos of himself.

Roneblaster is lovable, but an idiot.
kaostar, you play mew2. i think we can all see who the idiot is.

peef, theory bros mang, theory bros.

edit

im going to be in 10 minutes, get your final digs in for the night.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i thought 'roneblaster' was just trolling too but he's spent so much time here that by this point i think he actually thinks he's making coherent points

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
ok, once again. over centralization. big ****ing deal. we're all playing theory bros. im theorying that it could happen.
rofl

And "on topic", I don't think wobbling is broken to the point that it requires banning, but I have absolutely no problem with TOs banning it. I guess I have loose melee morals or something :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's never proven to be broken in high level, even when ICs were a large factor as a character in the upper circles (if only because of Chu). If it's never been proven to be broken, and the topic has generated this much discussion, and there's precedent for ICs not dominating with it allowed (and with it being used), I think it warrants further investigation (legalization). If ICs dominate, we know we've made a mistake and we can ban it and close the book on it forever with absolutely no complaints. But somehow I don't think that would ever be an issue because they're worse than Falcon and Falcon sucks.

and my point is if you arent good enough to win with uber-damage grabs + a free smash attack everytime you grab. play brawl and do their dumb IC infinites.
If you're not good enough to win with instant KO at 20%...

we havent banned moves.
Correct. Even when some of those moves are probably better than wobbling. I know for sure that Jigglypuff's Rest connects far more frequently than ICs synched grabs and it's just about as lethal. And it's a powerful move attached to a powerful character, who also dominates the tournament environment right now (taking top 2 at everything is pretty good). If something needs to be addressed in terms of power and dominance, I think Rest is a good place to start.

In times like these, I really wish that D-throw Dair just couldn't be SDIed and it just worked like it did in 2006.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Only we don't have to play theory bros to find out if wobbling is broken because when ICs had a representative that wobbled in the top 8 players list, he won remarkably little because of how limited and bad the character is.

So much for dominance and overcentralization.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I don't understand, how ppl can't understand.

is it really that hard. I hope reneblade never gets jury duty.

the concept of proof, or at least beyond reasonable doubt.....I am truly frustrated.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
im surrounded by law constantly. my mom works for multiple attorneys and my step dad is a police officer. dont pretend like you know me :)
unless this is an admittance that wobbling should be legal/ trolling:

once again, statement is irrelevant.

I bet your mom and step dad are pro wobbling lol.

also everyone is surrounded by laws, they are apart of daily life, no exceptions

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
wobbling is alot easier to understand, than law.

you don't get this, you couldn't possibly understand laws of higher complexities.

your thought process is scary, in that individuals actually think like you:

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
1. This is a VERY important point that certainly has to be addressed by the anti-wobbling side. During an ICs chaingrab it is actually a good idea to throw in 1 or 2 f-tilts in between grabs because you can easily do it without knocking the opponent out of the grab and it's faster than blizzard is. Some people refer to this as "semi-wobbling." Can this be considered wobbling? How do you know if the opponent was supposed to break out due to mashing but couldn't because the IC f-tilts happened to be perfectly synched like for Wobbling? All rules in Smash except for stalling avoid ambiguities like this.
Why have no anti-wobblers addressed this? You guys have no answer?
Maybe it's too complicated for you so I'll make it more concise:
If you are using f-tilts in your grabs to build up damage, similarly to using blizzard during a grab, when does it become wobbling or not?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The only thing I can think of is that reneblade is trying to get the thread closed.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
why would i want it closed? does anyone wanna talk about wobbling?

idk nintendude, thats iffy. most people think of wobbling as only the tilts.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
idk nintendude, thats iffy. most people think of wobbling as only the tilts.
Um.......what?

edit:
I think you mean that people think wobbling is doing tilts without ever chaingrabbing in between. Well, what if you do like 20 tilts and then do d-throw dair. It's not Wobbling anymore? As the amount of tilts during a grab approaches infinity, I suppose you approach "true wobbling" but of course you can't approach infinity during a match, so when does wobbling actually begin?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea, f tilt is also better in every way-except slightly less range.

check common knowledge thread, huge magus post quoted. f tilt vs d tilt

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
any arbitrary number can be contested (which is why a compromise is dumb). so i wont put out a number, but i promise you, if you do 20 tilts in a row at a tourney where wobbling is banned, youll be dq'ed.

and if the ftilt still keeps you locked down, then its still wobbling.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
watch me and every other person who plays this game who arent being overly antagonistic on purpose do just that.

and if you must have a number, then 1. if you do more than 1 tilt/headbut in a row you are wobbling.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you'll probably do a dash attack if they're out of sync.
other wise, just tell nana to breath ice to avoid any possibility.

or do you mean to re-sync them? because you cant wobble until their synced anyway.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
you can do tilts and headbutts out of sync. Escapeable, but still builds damage. Not an infinite.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
So you think that using an f-tilt during a grab is wobbling? That's pretty harsh.

What if you press A at like 190 bpm instead of 200 bpm? Then you aren't truly wobbling because the opponent has a few frames in between attacks where they can input grab breakout inputs. What if the opponent is still unable to break out before accumulating like 70% damage because the window is very small? Are you Wobbling now? Even though the opponent could escape technically?

What I am trying to illustrate here is that placing a ban on wobbling is banning something that people aren't able to clearly define.

Top Bottom