• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wizards foot in air is amazing

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
Kinda old in some regards, but I still do not think it is used enough by ganon users.

I would never use this move in melee in the air but now (in brawl) it is nowhere near as strong on the ground (as it was in melee) and is actually a VERY viable killing move (meteor smash properties not even counting) in the air killing at like 90 - 100% sometimes 70+ against some characters.

I started to use it after having to dealing with meta knight triple u airing me and then going straight into the tornado sometimes taking me so close to the ceiling I would die. Now after he gets punished by a down-b in the air once or twice he stops ( mostly because he is dead)

Ganon's arial game is so weird now but it is do-able when on ganon's terms. any one agree, dissagree? discuss please.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
in melee did you ever use it to recover, if you didnt, you didnt play ganon enuff in melee. as for brawl, i will be using this for ppl that chase too far into the air

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
i did use it to recover in melee to get back my double jump but im talking bout purely attacking in melee i just didnt use it as an attack in melee that often. trust me i clocked in countless hours as ganon in melee lol i certainly miss the intimidation he used to have but i like the style he brings to the game despite his flaws

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
as far as that move goes, i use it just about the same as in melee. although in melee, i did have this weird techinique that i pulled. since marth was my worst match up and i played him like all the time, i got really good at down-b'ing into all of his ground moves, knowing that they would cancel out and after that, i would be close enuff and i always had the presence of mind to know that his jab was faster than anything marth had, so it made for a halfway denct approach against marth and some of the other high tiers

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
i dont know how to explain but in melee i played ganon so much everything i did would be instinctive on my data he had more KOs then 2nd 3rd and 4th place combined and numbered up to about 11k i never played competetively but i dominated everyone i did face and thoroughly enjoyed destroying the people who bragged so much especialy when they would use like fox or marth.... i miss melee-dorf

Sliq

Smash Master
Could you guys try writing in a manner that is legible.

Furthermore, yes, his aerial down b is good. End top.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Ahahaha. Sliq, let's play a game in this thread. It's called 'count the capital letters.' It's fun because before your post, there isn't one.

On topic: I concur, aerial dB is good.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
as far as that move goes, i use it just about the same as in melee. although in melee, i did have this weird techinique that i pulled. since marth was my worst match up and i played him like all the time, i got really good at down-b'ing into all of his ground moves, knowing that they would cancel out and after that, i would be close enuff and i always had the presence of mind to know that his jab was faster than anything marth had, so it made for a halfway denct approach against marth and some of the other high tiers
I'm pretty sure his counter is faster. Also his up-B.

Back on topic: The wizard foot in melee had no vertical KO capabilities, so that is one major and very exciting change. Do meteor cancels exist in Brawl? I don't play enough to know that :ohwell:

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
everything here is pretty legible but i do not plan on writing like im in english class on a video game forum but seriously....

"and doesn't afraid of anything"

thats pretty illegible (for the record i love the qoute and im not trying to start anything just joking around)

on topic though: is this not a good if not better then thunder stomping method of attacking the likes of say meta knight

Sliq

Smash Master
everything here is pretty legible but i do not plan on writing like im in english class on a video game forum but seriously....

"and doesn't afraid of anything"

thats pretty illegible (for the record i love the qoute and im not trying to start anything just joking around)

on topic though: is this not a good if not better then thunder stomping method of attacking the likes of say meta knight
There is a difference between writing a FUCKING essay and capitalizing the FIRST FUCKING WORD of a sentence, and OCCASIONALLY breaking up your huge, rambling, incoherent WALL OF FUCKING TEXT with some GODDAMN PARAGRAPHS.

SEE WHAT I JUST DID? I FUCKING HIT ENTER TWICE. SUPER HARD TO DO. DON'T LEARN THAT IN 6TH GRADE ENGLISH CLASS.

Welcome to the big leagues.

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
Like I said its just a video game forum, nothing to get so upset over, and I wasn't trying to start anything sorry if I offended you but I did say I was just joking.

Just a tad bit harsh for no reason don't you think?

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
There is a difference between writing a FUCKING essay and capitalizing the FIRST FUCKING WORD of a sentence, and OCCASIONALLY breaking up your huge, rambling, incoherent WALL OF FUCKING TEXT with some GODDAMN PARAGRAPHS.

SEE WHAT I JUST DID? I FUCKING HIT ENTER TWICE. SUPER HARD TO DO. DON'T LEARN THAT IN 6TH GRADE ENGLISH CLASS.

Welcome to the big leagues.
I found this funny as ****, but go easy on the kids. Eh?

Sliq

Smash Master
Someone needs these kids to know that legibility is important, and if yelling (through the internet T_T) works, then so be it.

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
Come one dude your hardly older then me im not a kid im a sophomore in college but im sorry that there are no spaces in between my sentences but its not something to get that upset over.

However, I do not want to make you angry over something so trivial, so thats it. You win, I wrote a wall of text. You got to admit though your reaction was kind of just a little over the top. We cool?

Sliq

Smash Master
Come one dude your hardly older then me im not a kid im a sophomore in college but im sorry that there are no spaces in between my sentences but its not something to get that upset over.

However, I do not want to make you angry over something so trivial, so thats it. You win, I wrote a wall of text. You got to admit though your reaction was kind of just a little over the top. We cool?
The internet isn't serious business, and over the top is never over the top when it comes to the internet.

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
thats exactly what im talking about, its just some video game forum on the internet i am really sorry this ever got started i was honestly just trying to start a legitimate casual conversation with a joke.

This thread is not even about ganon anymore lol. it is a just a thread on proper writing. in fact ill fix my first post. But ok end of discussion.

topic:
Kinda a repeated question but has anyone tried to use this to punish the likes of MK's tornado and found it more effective then the thunder stomp?
And also of course at higher levels of the stage in the air it easily kills at lower %'s and of course thunder stomp only sends them down on to the stage.

Top Bottom