• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With My Smash Support, No Retreat - Dr. Eggman Thread

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
(Main concept here)
This stage would start in Studiopolis Zone, but then switch between Press Garden and Mirage Saloon, and then back to Studiopolis, every 40 seconds.

Holding L allows you to select the Encore colors.
Okay, I posted this a while ago. But here it is in further detail:
Job #139: Studiopolis Zone (Sonic Mania)
I got this idea from a DeviantArt post, so be sure to credit them.

(I couldn't get the actual picture on here)

Anyways, this stage is the iconic movie-themed city from Sonic Mania. However, every now and then...the stage has a few tricks up its sleeves.

Layout and appearance:
Studiopolis takes one of the segments from Act 1; it's under a neon "Pink Bot" sign and above it are for bumpers in the center. There are also two platforms on either side. You can also change its appearance to its Encore Mode iteration by holding the L button while selecting it.

Seems simple, right? Well, in actuality...

Gimmicks and Hazards:
That's right! Every 40 seconds, the Phantom Ruby appears and changes the appearance of the stage to Press Garden! The appearance is based on Act 2.

This is what I was hinting at earlier. Here, you're placed on a major platform with two other platforms above the stage. There are two freezers above those platforms that freeze players caught in the blow. After another 40 seconds, the stage changes again to Mirage Saloon, based on Act 1 again.

Fighters are placed on a train similar to Spirit Train, but with a different layout. There are three barrels above a vertrically-placed barrel. If a fighter stands on them for too long, they fall through. After 40 more seconds, the stage turns back to Studiopolis.

Cameos: Only a single Eggrobo in Mirage Saloon.

Battlefield/Omega Form:
The respective platforms of Studiopolis, Press Garden and Mirage Saloon. The Phantom Ruby transformations still happen, but the general layout remains the same. The Encore appearance trick applies here as well.

Why should this stage be included?
Because each of these zones all have something to do with Eggman:
  • Plastering his face on movie posters and TV stations
  • Using the trees of a snowy cherry blossom forest for newspaper
  • Plastering his face on the front of a train (with an Eggrobo engineering it, no less)
Plus (no pun intended), all of these zones are unique to Classic Sonic gameplay, making them ripe for Smash stage material.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, given the choice, would you go with Modern Eggman, Classic Eggman, AoSTH Robotnik or SatAM Robotnik to be playable in Smash while representing Sonic's old nemesis here?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hey guys, given the choice, would you go with Modern Eggman, Classic Eggman, AoSTH Robotnik or SatAM Robotnik to be playable in Smash while representing Sonic's old nemesis here?
Usually I'd say Modern (my preferable outcome would be Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles with classic designs and Eggman with his modern design) but if AoStH is an option I'm taking that no questions asked.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Dang, it's really been that long since I threw in my support for Eggman? With the forum closing, we'll be saying goodbye to this thread. Hope to see y'all again someday, on another Eggman thread! I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I think he's really likely for the next Smash, considering him and Dr. Wily are the only two villains I can think of who have a very strong case to be added (and Dr. Wily may not escape Assist Trophy hell).

Peace out, y'all! And one last hail to the Eggman Empire!

Last edited:
Top Bottom