• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wisdom Teeth

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Sadly (well not really), mine don't need to be removed, though they haven't perfectly erupted (you can see a hole in the gum on each side where the tooth is lurking underneath). All my teeth are straight, and I never needed braces or anything. I also haven't needed to see the dentist for almost a decade now.

I did chip a front tooth somehow though, and that may need a checkup soon.

From what I heard, it's pretty bad. I made fun of my friend's square jaw for days because it was so swollen...XD

Overload

Smash Lord
I'm relieved to hear staying awake isn't so bad. The idea of getting an IV freaks me out. I don't think the pain afterward will bother me too much. I'm definitely going to have ice on it as much as possible. For food I'll probably just drink those ensure drinks or something, then go to things like soup and whatnot. Also, they say to make sure you still brush your teeth right? How difficult is brushing your teeth after you get your wisdom teeth out?

I'm definitely going to spend all my awake time playing video games and watching anime.

drcossack

Smash Ace
well apparently you got them pulled when your younger. mine have come up, and have began embedding themselves into my jaw. so... i am going to go under. i have had teeth removed and i don't like it.
I had 9 baby teeth pulled at once (only one of mine ever came out voluntarily), and I believe that was done just with Novacaine. Granted, they were baby teeth, so it wasn't that bad, but I definitely recommend going under for the wisdom teeth.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I had all 4 of mine removed at once. They were all still impacted too. Which means they were still very much connected to the jaw bone, hadn't even come through the gum yet. I didn't want them screwing up all the work 3 years of braces had accomplished.
I had it done on a friday. They used an absurd amount of anesthesia. I guess on the car ride home, I was trying to open the passenger door, and grab the steering wheel away from my dad! I watched Princess Mononoke that night while still feeling the effects, then passed out. Felt no other side effects afterwards.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I was under for getting mine out. Just keep on it with ice or cool packs and be real careful not to bump it and the pain won't be too bad. Try your best not to think about it afterwards, cuz if you actually think about the cuts in your mouth, they will irritate you more, so just keep your mind off it. Be aware of signs of infection and if you feel any get it taken care of right away. Overall, shouldn't be that bad.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i just got my wisdom teeth pulled this morning, i think i am going to punch a baby. i cant talk, i am drooling non stop, and it is still bleeding a little. FML
put some gauze on the surgical sites and bite down. and who needs to talk when you can just eat ice cream all day?

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting mine pulled out in June. I'm glad they put you under some drugs, but I'm scared of the pain I'll have to suffer after the sugery. I'm not the medicine type of guy. =X

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
My experience was terrible. Sick out of school for 2 weeks straight. Couldn't talk for one week because my jaw wouldn't open enough.

They put me under, probably because I was too scared not to be. :p I used up all the meds, and then some..

Mith_

Smash Champion
My wisdom teeth don't bother me, its the fact that I get food stuck in them that bothers me. Its extremely hard to get the food out.

I haven't made an appointment to get them removed, but I am looking forward to it.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
I just found out today that my wisdom teeth have to come out. It will happen during the summer. I'm not thrilled at all. Who here has had them taken out? Would you recommend staying awake or going under? How bad is the pain?

Good ol' Friday 13th always bringing good news.
I would recommend getting the IV sedation. If you have a phobia like me of dentists. I recently got mine surgically removed December 22 actually. Honestly the only thing you remember is sitting down in the chair, then waking up drugged. I would also recommend calling up your dentist, and getting a prescription of Valium 3 pills 5mg each. Those were life savers because they can't put you in twilight if your heart rate and blood pressure are too high. It's not bad at all, and get put to sleep if your insurance covers it. Good luck.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sweet god, whatever you do, don't eat anything you're not supposed to until you're healed up. The 2 weeks following my wisdom teeth being taken out were the worst of my life.

I got all 4 teeth taken out at the same time, and three of them got dry sockets and infected within a couple of days. It was painful. very painful. I couldn't even drink water painlessly. Then on top of that I happen to have gotten strep throat, a fever of 103 degrees, and chapped lips that were so dry they cracked and bled.

Yea.

The dentist went in to look at my tooth sockets, but I couldn't open my mouth more than a tiny bit because of my lips. he had to just forcibly open them, making the skin crack open and bleed. it was awful.

So two weeks later, the wisdom teeth infections cleared up, my mouth was no longer dry and cracking, and all I was left with was a fever. I went into my normal doctor and sat own on the bed thingy and got my temperature taken. The nurse said:

"Wow, you're the happiest looking person I've ever seen with fever of 103!"

Me: "You don't know what I just went through, I feel great!"

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Sweet god, whatever you do, don't eat anything you're not supposed to until you're healed up. The 2 weeks following my wisdom teeth being taken out were the worst of my life.
You don't want to tell him that. :laugh: Funny story though, I just did not eat for the first 4 days.

User_Maat_Re

Smash Cadet
I don't care who the **** you are. Root canal will eat you, chew you, spit you out and step on you like the lousy **** you are. It WILL own you. Especially when it gets too extreme. OMFG, made me go mad. Took a visit to the dentist(torture expert) last week. That ******* drilled my tooth like he's digging for oil in Iraq. Maybe I'm exaggerating all this, I probably am. But what kind of sadistic ****s think it's okay to have to go through all this. Seriously, they can send monkeys on the moon but they can't make going to the dentist a painless matter? Geez.

Rickety

Peace and Love
My brother just had his wisdom teeth removed, and he's been in pain (even though he puts up an attitude to the contrary) for a few days. He's taking all his pain-killers and antibiotics stuff like that, so I think he'll be okay.

I think I was lucky that all my wisdom teeth came in straight, and never had to have them removed; But I heard that when I'm around forty the teeth will erupt or something like that? I don't know, I think I need to read more about it.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Oh yay, wisdom teeth. My lower-left back wisdom is growing in, I can feel it. However, that's not all! My adult lower-left back molar NEVER grew in when my baby one fell out. It's been chilling underneath my gum for about 8-9 years with a sexy cyst forming around it. My molar is impacted and is growing into my wisdom teeth! =p

Luckily, I've never felt any pain. That's probably why this has been like that for so long without me noticing until I went to the dentist and they did a couple X-Rays. I'm going to wait for the summer to get BOTH of them taken out. Great way to start the break, you know?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Lose a few pounds? It's only 4 teeth. Together they barely weigh 2 lbs. lol

Eat jello

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Lose a few pounds? It's only 4 teeth. Together they barely weigh 2 lbs. lol

Eat jello
I think he means that he wont be able to eat any junk food/fast food/normal food ect. for a few days so he'll lose weight.
I also think there was a bit of sarcasm in there :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

Laijin

Smash Hero
If a dentist actually recommends you get put to sleep, please go see a better/new dentist.
I got all four of mine pulled out and I was wide awake. They just used anesthesia and I was fine. The pain was only there for at most 2 days and I was alright.
I just took some pain killers, put gauze in my mouth for the bleeding, and lived off of jello and soup for a couple of days and I was A-OK.
Its not a bad experience at all. People just need to go see better dentists >__>

slave1

Smash Lord

I got all 4 teeth taken out at the same time, and three of them got dry sockets and infected within a couple of days. It was painful. very painful. I couldn't even drink water painlessly. Then on top of that I happen to have gotten strep throat, a fever of 103 degrees, and chapped lips that were so dry they cracked and bled.

Yea.

The dentist went in to look at my tooth sockets, but I couldn't open my mouth more than a tiny bit because of my lips. he had to just forcibly open them, making the skin crack open and bleed. it was awful.

So two weeks later, the wisdom teeth infections cleared up, my mouth was no longer dry and cracking, and all I was left with was a fever. I went into my normal doctor and sat own on the bed thingy and got my temperature taken. The nurse said:

"Wow, you're the happiest looking person I've ever seen with fever of 103!"

Me: "You don't know what I just went through, I feel great!"
holy ____ on a _____ing sandwich that sucks super bad.

i though my ordeal sucked

Top Bottom