• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wing Stalling

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I haven't been the most up to date with this game lately, but I think I've discovered something with Pit. If someone else has discovered it, please direct me to the thread where it originally is/was. It's a ledge-stalling technique that involves, when guarding an edge, letting go of the edge, then performing the Wings of Icarus, and then DIing towards the stage to grab onto it again. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its know and you will see it in most vids now days, but I don't know if we have a thread about it or even if it has a real name.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Its just ledge stalling. I believe wing stalling is a name already appointed to a tech. Which is using the WoI to stall your fall speed.

The tech you're describing is pretty good for renewing invincible frames (to edge hog characters)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's less of a stall and more of a way to keep invincibility. Pit has a very poor ledge game despite what people might say.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
it's good, better than Mario's reverse cape...thing, but not as good as the tether regrab as far as edgehogging goes. Better for stalling as it doesn't have the 3 times limit.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Bah, I refuse to believe Pit has a good ledge game. Any character with a quick, damaging Up-B will control the edge. Pit only beats out characters that have no ledge game.

G&W
Samus
Marth
Peach
Metaknight
Mario
ect...

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
You said people with an Up+B, if you don't make a mistake than you shouldn't be at risk, baiting with Arrows, Uairs, Fairs, Bairs, and Nairs, are good with grabbing the ledge with wings.

Though of someone like Mk, Does a falling Nair to Shuttle Loop you can roll off the ledge and resume camping. But like sage said, it's not the best, but it is good and it does win tourneys.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think Pit's ledge game is pretty good. Not the best for sure, but good enough to keep people from approaching without caution. And if they try to jump behind you, you have several options: Glide or WoI under the stage if possible; Roll up and start camping the other side; Roll up and set up a Mirror shield or D-tilt. There are other possibilities, but you get the gist.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah I have to confess that my previous posts derive from the frustrations of Samus' edge game. Freak'n magnet hands; invincible Up-B; and Zair.

Chaser

Smash Rookie
I can't believe people are still naming really dumb things. Nobody called Foxes Firefox anything cool during Melee and it does the same thing. Where you let go of the edge do the Firefox and then DI towards the stage to grab the edge. /sigh

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe people are still naming really dumb things. Nobody called Foxes Firefox anything cool during Melee and it does the same thing. Where you let go of the edge do the Firefox and then DI towards the stage to grab the edge. /sigh
thats because fox's firefox start up lag made it not worth it, plus pits WoI has windpush and invincibility frames not to mention the frames gotten from grabbing the edge, plus its pit boards everything has to have a name to keep the new people on their toes and lost trying to figure out what we are talking about:p

sagemoon

Smash Lord
It was actually callled fox's infinite stall

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Pit's ledge game is very nice indeed.Edge guarding also kinda counts as ledge game and with the wing refresh u can go even further than just guarding the edge, make sure u actually KILL THE GUY (if ya go for 2 F-air attacks while using).

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Pit's ledge game is very nice indeed.Edge guarding also kinda counts as ledge game and with the wing refresh u can go even further than just guarding the edge, make sure u actually KILL THE GUY (if ya go for 2 F-air attacks while using).
the only thing pit needs for the most overpowered edge-game ever is a tether recovery

Top Bottom