• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent, Ontario

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Alright, Windsor (and all the little places around it) need a thread. I made this a while ago but it didn't get any attention so I'm improving this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't afford gas to drive all the way to Toronto for every tournament, so let's find out who's in the Windsor area and see if we can get our own Smash scene started.

If you live anywhere from Windsor to Chatham-Kent or nearby post here and say where you're from and what games you play so we can get a list together. If you live one place but visit another a lot post both of them here.

Windsor/Chatham Area Smashers
AvariceX - Chatham & Windsor; Brawl (competitive) :ness2: :snake: :dedede:, Melee (competitive) :shiek: :jigglypuff:, 64 (casual) :kirby2: :ness2: :samus2:
AZN99 - Chatham; Brawl (competitive) :pit: :pikachu2: traitor moved to Washington ><
Zeros - Chatham & Windsor; Brawl (casual) :sonic:, Melee (casual) :younglinkmelee:, 64 (casual) :link2:
Uber Mage / Guru - Chatham; Brawl (competitive) :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :wario:, Melee (competitive) :fox:
Zen - Chatham; Brawl (competitive) :metaknight: :snake:, Melee (competitive) :falco:
sgthands/deox - Chatham; Brawl (competitive) :dedede:, Melee (competitive) :peach:
Azu - Chatham; Melee (competitive) :falco: :fox:
Boomy - Chatham; Brawl (competitive) :marth:
Beefy - Chatham; Brawl (casual) :dedede:

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
i live in toronto but im in windsor once in a while....... add my FC for wifi matches.... and if im ever down in windsor we'll see if we could meet up for some matches, do you play melee too?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm bumping this because I've completely revamped it and added Chatham-Kent into the mix and this area needs some love.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i live in toronto but im in windsor once in a while....... add my FC for wifi matches.... and if im ever down in windsor we'll see if we could meet up for some matches, do you play melee too?
you should come out to melee events =)

its pretty jokes.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Yeah I play Melee too but I was never into it beyond a casual game, by the time I decided to take it seriously Brawl was already on the way so I never bothered learning a lot of the advanced stuff in Melee. I think I might pick it up sometime though and start practicing, then go out to some Melee events too... can't hurt.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
buuuuuump >< I'm seeing threads popping up for London and Guelph, there's gotta be Smashers around Windsor (London isn't even that far).

G U R U

Smash Lord
Ryan you should add art and dave too. Arts new Smash Tag is badd (his old one is Zen) and Daves is deox still (if he's not banned lolz)

But yeah we should play sometime. You should check out my Youtube channel ^_^ Its got some brawl matches between me and my brother. Here's the link...

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimeGURU475

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Thanks Ben, I've added both of them, but I don't know which games and at which level they play (I know Art plays competitive Melee, but other than that, dunno).

Also I'll check out that Youtube channel when I finish my Warhammer session tonight, and just so you know I'm working on a Ness/D3 combo vid at the moment as well, it's gonna be pretty sick.

badd

Smash Rookie
dave dosent play competitive melee anymore i dont know about ben tho... im really the only one who travels consistanly <_< /cry (i wish my freids r to come?) if you want to play top brawl player ill come to windsor .. just add me to msn ill pm u my email

zomg theres such a thing as playing brawl competitively?? i r tes not kow how r to do such things ??

G U R U

Smash Lord
dave dosent play competitive melee anymore i dont know about ben tho... im really the only one who travels consistanly <_< /cry (i wish my freids r to come?) if you want to play top brawl player ill come to windsor .. just add me to msn ill pm u my email

zomg theres such a thing as playing brawl competitively?? i r tes not kow how r to do such things ??
I couldn't understand half of that Art lol.

But yeah I'm pretty much done with melee. I mean I'll play but I'm not gonna go to tournaments... unless its both brawl and melee, then I will.

Dave plays both.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Art, I do go to (Brawl) tournaments, I even invited you to come along for the last one, but you were glued to Melee -_-.

Also I'm waaaaay more active on AiB (http://www.allisbrawl.com/profile.aspx?id=5545) than I am here, so if you need to reach me or want me to come along for a tourney you could message me there or just email me r2theboismier@hotmail.com

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Art your Gdubs is sick, but 'nade shield is better :p. Ben you are fail for not coming out to practice with us over the weekend ><.

Anyway we got a tourney coming up soon, so get some practice in if you can, and help the asian get better... I don't want to see Niko 3 stock him twice again =/

4 out of the top 8 at Only in Niagara II are going to be Chatham players, no lie.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Art your Gdubs is sick, but 'nade shield is better :p. Ben you are fail for not coming out to practice with us over the weekend ><.

Anyway we got a tourney coming up soon, so get some practice in if you can, and help the asian get better... I don't want to see Niko 3 stock him twice again =/

4 out of the top 8 at Only in Niagara II are going to be Chatham players, no lie.
Its not my fault nobody told me you were in town :/

...also Dave says he wants to come too Ryan.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Its not my fault nobody told me you were in town :/

...also Dave says he wants to come too Ryan.
Well I might be in town this weekend (halloween) too, but I don't have internet access at my parents' place so you need to either get a hold of Art or call me (I'll PM you my phone #).

As for Dave I don't mind taking him, but I'm told there's some conflict between him and Art. I'm not involved in this conflict and I don't plan on getting involved, but Art was coming first so I'll leave it up to him whether Dave comes or not. Sorry but I'm just trying to be fair to the person who was here first.

Also I have room for me + 4 people, or me + 3 people + 1 TV (keeping in mind that of those people the azn and Art were confirmed as coming first).

So yeah, if Art doesn't mind Dave coming with us then cool we can all go, but you'll need to talk to Art.

@guy above me: Windsor is the southwestern corner of Ontario, right across the river from Detroit.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699

Ben & Art let me know if you guys see this; there's a ton of tourneys coming up but I don't know if I have the time/money for all of them and definitely not going to bother if you guys aren't going as well so we need to talk about what tourneys we may want to go to.

WIGI

Smash Champion
my brotehr lives in windsor, off of tecomsey or h.e its spelt.. i know thats a long road but still lol.

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol no he deosn't but next time i visit him for liek a week, im garenteed to be bored. i migth eb able to like, bike to sumones house to smash lol

edit: i migth go there for a while in the summer, but don;t know when yet, if you guys are having any tournies or get togetehrs il plan to try to be tehre during those times =]

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'll probably be in Chatham during the summer but if you're in Windsor any time between now and the end of April just post here or PM me or something and I'll let you know where my place is so we can smash.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
You mean the Pownz Gaming Centre one right? I'm thinking about it... I don't really feel like driving again though, plus I'm hurting for money and college is a b****. I think Guru's going though, maybe I'll go if he drives lol

G U R U

Smash Lord
I'm can't go to the next Pownz tourney, but I am planning on going to Starfurry and Brampton Tourney. I'll drive this time its cool dude.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm can't go to the next Pownz tourney, but I am planning on going to Starfurry and Brampton Tourney. I'll drive this time its cool dude.
Art and I are also planning on going to the Toronto PGL tourney in February, you interested?

Also between now and tourney dates I might change my mind about driving; I've got several weeks to get over "I don't feel like it right now" lol.

I wouldn't mind going to Starfurry and Prepare Yourself (assuming supercansir gets the venue to remove the participant cap). The only thing that worries me is the last tourney Grmo hosted (that I attended anyway), Combo Breaker, didn't have any pools and went right to double-elim. Granted it was my first tourney but I drove 3+ hours to get there, faced Minus and then Alphameric and was done playing Smash for the day after about 2 hours of waiting around for the tourney to start and only about 30 minutes of actual gameplay. I understand the lack of pools was probably because of time restraints and I probably wouldn't be eliminated after 2 rounds anymore anyway, I would just like there to be pools.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Art and I are also planning on going to the Toronto PGL tourney in February, you interested?

Also between now and tourney dates I might change my mind about driving; I've got several weeks to get over "I don't feel like it right now" lol.

I wouldn't mind going to Starfurry and Prepare Yourself (assuming supercansir gets the venue to remove the participant cap). The only thing that worries me is the last tourney Grmo hosted (that I attended anyway), Combo Breaker, didn't have any pools and went right to double-elim. Granted it was my first tourney but I drove 3+ hours to get there, faced Minus and then Alphameric and was done playing Smash for the day after about 2 hours of waiting around for the tourney to start and only about 30 minutes of actual gameplay. I understand the lack of pools was probably because of time restraints and I probably wouldn't be eliminated after 2 rounds anymore anyway, I would just like there to be pools.
I'm gonna pass on the PGL sry it looks really bad. Grmo is legit and he's already stated no pools is final. Who cares if there's no pools. It allows for more friendlies/MM/melee/low tier/crew battles etc. Hopefully supercansir gets a venue by then.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Ben & Art: I'm coming into Chatham for this weekend (in like an hour actually), let's Smash. Ben: this is me telling you that I'm coming into town since you said no one tells you last time. I will also message you on MSN and text your cell phone, so no johns!

Also Grmo said pools are now confirmed for that tourney so I'll go :). I've also improved a ton just in the last couple of days so we really need to Smash this weekend, I promise you won't be let down :).

I'm definitely going to PGL tourney, probably by myself though because I should be able to stay with my cousin for the weekend, but we'll see.

Lock-On

Smash Rookie
I Live in Windsor...but might travel to chatam once in a while. I play smash 64 competitively, melee just for fun and am just starting to really buckle down in brawl to become competitive. as for characters i use yoshi in 64, Ganondorf in Melee and have yet to have a definite main in Brawl (will report ASAP).

MaxPower090

Smash Cadet
My tag isn't actually Phap =[ It was a last minute thing! Just put my name as MaxPower until I think of something. xD

Top Bottom