• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Windows 7 is pretty cool

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I just finished upgrading my laptop with the free upgrade they mailed me and I'm playing around with stuff. I like that I can pin fiyahfox and Guild Wars on the task bar. Tell me some other cool things about 7.

nevershootme

Smash Master
aside that it's a lil faster than vista and xp it's all gravy...

on xp it takes like a good 2-3 minutes for finished bootup

on 7 it's not 1 minute for me

i keep my task bar like old school (disable all the fancy stuff) also, use Fences by Stardock, makes it even cooler

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah it's cool as ****. I just have FF and iTunes pinned.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I need to put itunes on my laptop and transfer over my music from my desktop.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
The electronic song that i opened in windows media player that came with 7 is amazing though.

Handorin

Smash Hero
It's pretty amazing. I like some of the folder utilities that it has, the window previews down at the bottom, and shaking one window to make the rest minimize. xD

Oh, and I have Chrome and Itunes pinned.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I got my Windows 7 for free too! Get Google Chrome. It's just as fast as Firefox and it has better eye candy.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Upgrading to Windows 7 sorta screwed me out of some of the features that came with the laptop. I have, like, eight useless buttons on my monitor now. A friend said that all the drivers for whatever's missing will get released in time, but I'm still annoyed.

But other than that, yup. Windows 7 is an Operating System. That's all I can say about it.

DJRome

Smash Hero
****, i really want to upgrade, but i have so many things config'ed on vista. . . is there just an upgrade option?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
There's a limited of time offer for students. You canget 2 versions of Window 7 for either $30 or $60. Just provide a school related Email (usually one the college/univeristy gave you) and they'll send you a link to your discounted W7. Download and install and have yourself W7.

I think it goes until January 11.

Also - I see nothing special with W7. Quit hyping this! :psycho:

Top Bottom