• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link Mainers?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
We shall make extraordinary facial expressions at other people and laugh at their inability to make extreme face gestures. We had a Dev Team that gave that to us, and we shall make use of it!!

Also, we shall make the Wind blow our hair in a sexy and festive way. Take that Fabio!

eggburt

Smash Rookie
ive mained young link at a pro level pretty much since i got him, like 4 years ago
ill TL will definately be at the top of my list of chars to try, but if they've changed too much about him
or even changed small things like the angle of arrows or speed of boomerang, itll set my whole game off.
but ill try him out for sure when i can, because he looks like he ****ing rocks

Sliverstorm

Smash Cadet
I think I may very well find myself maining him. I like the playstyle, and i tend to be better with it. And as he is more link-like than Link now, we come to lil' link :) although god I miss the longer sword. God do I miss it.

CCXC34

Smash Rookie
Toon Link looks extremely promising, in my opinion, due to his speed.

Link's kick-*** moveset with good speed? Sign me up por favor.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Toon Link looks extremely promising, in my opinion, due to his speed.

Link's kick-*** moveset with good speed? Sign me up por favor.

wait, is there a sign up list of some sort? sign me up if so. Im maining him for sure. (With a few others, see my description under my avatar lol)

Fawriel

Smash Master
I love how this thread is so relatively compact despite how Toon Link seems to be considered top tier material.
Guess he ain't for everyone. ^^

DarkChocobo

Smash Rookie
I just got back from a playtest of Brawl, and the guy had Toon Link unlocked.

I am definitely going to be maining Toon Link. His attacks differ from Link's slightly (mostly his air ones), but I found myself playing as him rather than normal Link. He's faster, jumps higher, and his air attacks are better, in my opinion, anyway.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Warning: Major Sarcasm AHEAD! (but it's [I'm] serious. I WILL BREAK TOON YOUNG LINK!) :grin:

You people are f***ing retarted! Maining him? PLEASE! I shall BREAK HIM ON THE TIERS, AND PUTTING HIM AT "**** GODLY F***ING TOO GOOD TIER" all by himself, while everyone eles is bottom tier (Fox can hang out in low tier, along with Mario. :cool:).

F*** Toon Young Link mainers, as I SHALL BREAK HIM ON THE TIERS! Toon Young Link BREAKERS FTW! :) :chuckle: ;) :grin: :laugh:

Iwan

Smash Ace
The firts VS match i played with TL i knew he was gona be my main lol :p...he's my favorite character without a doubt. His dair and bair are awesome, and his speed is worth the trade off of having a short sword. Not to mention, all the petty damage you can do with TL (bombs, boomerang, arrows) is really effective when you aren't comboing.

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
well I really like Adult Link and i really liked young link on melee ,and to see that both of them are in brawl better and improved ill have to tied them both on my first main ,it will depend on who im facing ,i cant decide from the two cause heck !,they are both link ,just different versions ,adult link is a total badass and toon link is my reminder of the first zelda because every zeda fan knows ,link did not start been a hero as an adult ,so i respect both of them and they will both be my primary mains.

D20

Smash Lord
I'll main him if I decide to play this game. He can't be worse than Young Link was, so I won't be complaining.

By the way... I'm the best.

KnivesOut

Smash Rookie
i have brawl at home, and have been playing with toon link non-stop. i've tried all the characters in the game, and toon link is without a doubt one of the better characters in the game and my favorite. His b-air can lead to so many setups. His recovery is awesome, and has decent speed.

a major upgrade from young link without a doubt. all you guys will be happy.

ZzvSpecial22

Smash Rookie
I will definately use him, but I'm not sure about maining him. I'll prolly main Link(always have). But it really depends on his speed and range.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Warning: Major Sarcasm AHEAD! (but it's [I'm] serious. I WILL BREAK TOON YOUNG LINK!) :grin:

You people are f***ing retarted! Maining him? PLEASE! I shall BREAK HIM ON THE TIERS, AND PUTTING HIM AT "**** GODLY F***ING TOO GOOD TIER" all by himself, while everyone eles is bottom tier (Fox can hang out in low tier, along with Mario. :cool:).

F*** Toon Young Link mainers, as I SHALL BREAK HIM ON THE TIERS! Toon Young Link BREAKERS FTW! :) :chuckle: ;) :grin: :laugh:
We need to change the title to "Wind Waker Link Breakers" in honor of my insane, crazy, and absolutely ridiculous sarcasm, lol! :laugh: :chuckle: ;)

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
i've mained him now, when i first played him to me he was a little hard to control, but i got used to it, and he's awesome!!!!!!!!

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
After playing Brawl for a while, Toon Link is my main character for sure. I was even considering using him solo...because ironically enough, I don't like how Pokemon Trainer plays. XD But yes, Toon Link is my main character, probably followed by Pikachu.

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
Im maining with him...I played as him in a brawl tornament at Animation Odyessey...I didn't win but i got close. Tomorrow I am going to rent out brawl for about 3 hours as soon as they open...I only have 3 people coming (including me) so if you want to come PM (private message) me. We are going at 12:45 (they open at 1) and we will be there till like 4:00. Its in Brooklyn, New York 1327 surf avenue. I will choose only 1 person (cuz we will be there b4 they open)so PM me and ill tell you to meet us there.

BAND!T

Smash Cadet
ill be maining him. too bad he wont be selectable at the wii tourney at best buy T-T.

El Frosty

Smash Rookie
Y Link was my main in melee, and from what ive heard bout the waker, Hes been buffed beyond Y link.. so of course im gunna main him, at least at first (kirby was my initial main in melee based on his 64 playstyle, now i hardly ever play the puffball)

Top Bottom