• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winchester Smashers?

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
This worked for MaSe, so I'm going to give it ago, even though I have been here a while.

Are there any Melee players in Winchester (or areas surrounding) who I don't know about?

It is annoying not having any one to practice with during term time, and when ever I bring it up with people, everyone seems to play Brawl, and it's made worse by my housemates trying to convert me... *shivers* all 4 of them... :urg:

So yeah, anyone in the area, or know of someone in the area? I would be very greatful to meet some new people :)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
why not invite your housemates to the brawl community?

some melee-ers are in surrey and south london so that should work?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
South London isn't that close to Winchester lol....I live in South London and wouldn't regard myself even close to a potential smasher to Mitsuki unless she/I are willing to travel extremely far....

And yes there are quite a few smashers in South London like
Tamoo (Occasionally)
Clockmire
Me
Jolteon
Alpha Dash
Gantz
Last Dragon
The Lust
AC

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Aren't you currently at Cambridge?

Elliot's going abroad soon, which means Jude won't attend any fests either (his brain works in mysterious ways lol).

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
it is tam lol not by an awful lot geographically, but in terms of train times the difference is about 30-45 mins lol

if she didnt want to know about surrounding of winchester, why ask about surrounding areas of winchester?
or are you just saying it makes no difference to hugo coz hes london in hols and shes closer to london at that time?

gm jack

Smash Lord
Pretty much. Saying he's london in the holiday's when she's looking for people to practice with during term time is a bit stupid.

Cambridge uni has an awesome smash scene, though it seems fairly one off outside the collective entity of london.

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
@Baron_Mack: Some help with that would be needed. They don't seem to be that in to taking it to tourny level.

@Bullet Bill: Thanks for the offer. I will have to come and play some smash with you guys some time.

@Prof: I'd think about travelling if there was something big on, but not otherwise... too expensive T_T

Cambridge uni has an awesome smash scene
¬_¬ -isjealous-

B.Mack

Smash Ace
@Baron_Mack: Some help with that would be needed. They don't seem to be that in to taking it to tourny level.
well the tournies are just a bit of fun really... if ur coming to one just let 'em know so they could tag along I guess...

If they're trying to convert you maybe they were looking for other ppl to play i dunno.

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
well the tournies are just a bit of fun really... if ur coming to one just let 'em know so they could tag along I guess...

If they're trying to convert you maybe they were looking for other ppl to play i dunno.
I take it back on one of them. I spoke to him earlier while practicing tech skill, and he seemed to think that it would be interesting to go along. Now to convince the others. :p

B.Mack

Smash Ace
haha thats the spirit! ok now you two convice the others by majority vote or whatever :p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
@Prof: I'd think about travelling if there was something big on, but not otherwise... too expensive T_T
lol Well i'm going to figure out soon whether AC is hosting a big smashfest with like potentially ousing 15/20 people a week after the Monthly and if it's on i'll make a temporary thread so you should look to try and come to that since people from London and Outside of London will be looking to make it :)

gm jack

Smash Lord
If you're tech skill has got to reasonably competent, I would definitely recommend going to AC's fest. I won't be able to go, but to be able to play a lot of styles, and get some helps of Peach/Falco mains/ secondaries who don't just play gay like me will really help.

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
If you're tech skill has got to reasonably competent, I would definitely recommend going to AC's fest. I won't be able to go, but to be able to play a lot of styles, and get some helps of Peach/Falco mains/ secondaries who don't just play gay like me will really help.
The week after the monthy is the week I am, in theory, coming to see you... :p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Right, seeing as i know some of you arent looking in the london monthly thread/brawl thread, i'm going to take this oppurtunity to tell you about the next big event!

BLASTZONE 1

This is a mixed brawl/melee event hosted in therford, norfolk.

at this event, there is

*Overnight accomodation at the venue, and for an extra quid you can use one of the many large beanbags for sleeping on!

*Food sold inside the venue by the local youth group, who are also doubling up as the event sponser

*curteosy of the sponser, they are adding an extra 50 quid to each of the singles pot.

*A possible 20 tv's PER GAME at the venue, allowing for plenty of friendlies/money match's without slowing the tournament

*Two GIANT 40' tv's, one for brawl and one for melee, allowing for mass hype on during the finals

*With livestream on both of these tv's to be broadcast around the world!

the link to the main page: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297385

i hope to see you all there!

Top Bottom