• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you watch the ending early?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Unfortunatley, it is commonplace, for one reason or another, for the ending of games(especially major launch games) to appear, in english, on the likes of youtube days, sometimes weeks, before the actual release.

off hand, i can think of Halo 3, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Mario Galaxy, Kingdom Hearts 2, the celebration of the Super Bowl for Madden 08, Final Fantasy 10, the PS3/360 Sonic game, and there are plenty more that I can't think of. Heck, even Viewtiful Joe 2 got this treatment. I don't know how the average joe gets their hands on these games, unless stores sell early or the company leaks them for publicity, but it does happen, and it's common.

I have never in my life watched an ending early, as I dont want to know what happens. And I don't plan to for Brawl.

But, if somebody puts the ending to Super Smash Brothers Brawl on the internet, youtube or otherwise, before the release of the game, will you watch it, or let yourself be surprised?

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
I would avoid a massive spoiler like that as if it were the Bubonic Plague. I'll stick to the conventional method for watching an ending.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I will surprise myself because I don't wanna be spoiled out of the fun of seeing it myself, and seriously you've never seen a game ending? o_0

SonicMario

Smash Master
You're talking about the Subspace Emissiary right? Well, I will avoid those. (Anywayz my Dial-up would take a long time for it to load anyway_)

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I will surprise myself because I don't wanna be spoiled out of the fun of seeing it myself, and seriously you've never seen a game ending? o_0
ummm...der. of course i have seen endings....from beating games. NEVER from watching them online early.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
After I went to some Star Wars: KOTOR forums and found out my dude was Revan, I never looked at any videos/forums for a game I hadn't completed yet. I had to learn the hard way and say, "Big whoop," when I got the really dramatic scene with Malak telling me about it...

I'm getting off topic. The answer is no.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I likly will not need to watch it early due to it will not officially be revealed, but I do love information of any kind (good information anyways) ;)

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
From the Japanese release date until I beat the game, I won't be getting near any video hosting website. I have watched endings a couple of times, but Brawl will most definetly not be one of these occasions.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I avoided tons of websites when Harry Potter 7 hit the streets and was leaked on to the Internet. I did not want any spoilers what so ever, but that was because I didn't really know what to expect.

I kind of know what to expect from the Subspace, but I don't want to spoil it.

Rex+

Smash Ace
If the single player mode is as deep and compelling as they say it is, I probably wouldn't want the ending(s) spoiled for me.
I always enjoy a good story in a game.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
Will people even post it?
Subspace emissary doesn't seem epic enough
Don't think it's meant to be epic, I think it's meant to be intense, the kind of story-line that raises your adrenaline to over nine thousand more or less :lick:

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
No, I'm going to try and avoid (or just not look for) the Subspace Emissary ending, I don't think we can avoid character spoilers here, but we can at least avoid how we get them.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I love spoilers. If someone tells me the ending to Brawl has been spoiled, you can bet the next thing I would be doing is hunting down a Youtube clip of that. Spoiling a story means nothing to me. It's still the same story. If anything, I PREFER to be spoiled completely on storylines since I like to fully understand what is going on.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
No way in hell I'm gonna be caught watching it.
As a game maker myself I find the storyline of a game, even if it's less developed than a normal game's story, as the most important factor of it, while may be wrong for Brawl, which is mostly about the multiplayer, I still wouldn't spoil my entertainment of the first smash to contain an actual story

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
No way in hell I'm gonna be caught watching it.
As a game maker myself I find the storyline of a game, even if it's less developed than a normal game's story, as the most important factor of it, while may be wrong for Brawl, which is mostly about the multiplayer, I still wouldn't spoil my entertainment of the first smash to contain an actual story
I agree, but this isn't less developed than a normal game, it is a normal game! I mean, essentially 2 games are being released on February 10th:

Super Smash Bros: Brawl
-and-
Super Smash Bros: The Subspace Emissary

It just happens that they are on the same disk.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll try avoiding the internet as much as possible starting 1/24.

vargasdelman

Smash Rookie
ya i think that theres so many people (on this forum)
that are completely invested in brawl, that nobody would post a spoiler here
so im stickin 2 here and the dojo when it comes close to the release date

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
I agree, but this isn't less developed than a normal game, it is a normal game! I mean, essentially 2 games are being released on February 10th:

Super Smash Bros: Brawl
-and-
Super Smash Bros: The Subspace Emissary

It just happens that they are on the same disk.
Well, I just can't see a Smash game containing a full 40 hour gameplay story mode, maybe if you put all the modes togther that'll happen(SE, Event Mode, Classic Mode, and whatever else Sakurai would pull from his hat.)

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I actually will watch it, unlike most of you. I watched twilight princess'esses ending and God of war ii's ending on youtube. One, I like to see how fast other people actually beat the game. Like TP was up within like two days and GOW II was up in three days. And two, I don't mind spoilers and don't mind ruining it for myself. It's just how some people are. You're either the kid who peaks at your Christmas presents, or you're the one who waits it out. I'm a peaker.;)

and no offense to those who do not celebrate Xmas

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
After the game releases in Japan I will avoid all things Smash, including Smashboards and friends who may say something about it. If said friends even say anything that sounds like the words Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I will punch them in the face.

Friend:"Dude, check out the Flash I ma-"
Me: "ANTI-SPOILER FALCON PUNCH!!" *proceed with the punching*

When the game comes out here, I will pick up my reserved copy, seclude myself from civilization, beat the Subspace Emissary, bask in the glory of its epic ending, and after a month go online to see what I haven't unlocked. Then seclude myself from civilization till StarCraft II comes out...

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
When the japanese game is released, January 24th, I believe, then I will stay off all fourm sites, I really want to be supprised when I get the game.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Once the game is released in Japan, I will stay away from anything Brawl until America's release date. No spoilers for me.

Ameba

Smash Cadet
Definitely not, I'm going to stay away from any kind of Brawl information once I get it. I hope Sakurai won't reveal the ending of the SSE on the Dojo.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Well. evereyone here sees what is going to be in the game before it comes out. its why we check the website. but the ending of SE is completely diffrent. almost evereyone wants to see it for themselves. including me.

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
I'm the kind of person who in this situation would either go the whole way or not at all, meaning I'd either watch EVERY SSE cutscene in order up to the ending, or not at all. I'd rather play it myself though so I'll probably steer clear.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
No, ill be too busy playing through it myself and who knows, I might even be done with it BEFORE it out on Youtube

Top Bottom