• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you main the Duck Hunt Dog?

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
I'll be trying out each and every character, so right now I'm not at all sure which one I'm going to main/alt. Really going to depend on how they play. This is not to say that I'm not more interested in playing Duck Hunt Dog than some others and will probably try to unlock him asap!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Possible main. Out of the leaked newcomers, he and Bowser Jr. are the best. Will definitely try him out in Smash 4, then decide whether I like him or not.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
He's definitely on my list of characters I want to try out. His uniqueness is very appealing to me and I can see a lot of interesting strategies to employ from the footage we have already. If he's as good as I hope he is he will be one of my mains, and at the very least a secondary.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I don't care if he is high tier or bottom tear I WILL MAIN HIM. I'll even be a low tear hero if I have to.

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
Duck Hunt looks like they'll have probably one of the nastiest possible edgeguarding games seen yet, without ever having to properly leave the stage themselves. I'm not sure how fun that's going to be to fight against specifically, but I love how the bouncing can works in action.

As they do represent one of my very, very first forays into gaming (even if I never played another game in the Lightgun series), I will absolutely be giving them a couple good plays. Wario is my all-time favorite Nintendo character, but these two will be hilarious fun to play. (Except for people who are off the stage. They will not have much fun. That is probably what the laugh taunt is for.)

Chrollo.

fka president wario
He's definitely gonna be my number one main, without a doubt he will be my main.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Indubitably.
I'm gonna main him and Pac-Man on principle. The fact that both look awesome to play as helps.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I like funny characters, for example Toon Link's facial expressions are what led me over to him in the first place before I mained him. Duck Hunt Dog made me chuckle when I saw that his Smashes are actually him getting shot at from the 4th wall and he makes a few silly faces as well, so I'll definitely be giving him a try.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
This character goes up there with ROB and Pichu as joke characters. I think Miss Yoga Instructor is a joke character too. But she looks like a Sheik clone.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
My main from Melee, Dr. Mario, will be in Smash 4. However, he stands pale against Duck Hunt Dog and Hunter Bird.

Duck Hunt was the first game I ever laid my hands on. Duck Hunt Dog is definitely going to be my main.

RadRed

Smash Rookie
NNID
MostEffectual
After watching the amazing set that ZeRo just played on stream against a really great Duck Hunt player, I think my answer is yes. Duck Hunt looks extremely fun.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
It's doge time

"This game's winner is...DUCHUNT" :troll:

Last edited:

Spirst

He'll be up there with Greninja for me.

Then I can have my froggy and my doggy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm planning on it

I'll have to test a bunch of characters out

He's at the top of the list though, along with Bowser Jr (Lemmy) who I'm planning on seconding

Khynoe

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chaldene
3DS FC
1762-2818-4371
Yep, definitely. He's one of those characters I didn't know I would want.
And his moveset looks great! plus he's a substitute for B&K in my mind

ten Busch

Smash Cadet
Being a casual Smash player, i will likely main 4 or 5 different characters, based on who i find fun to play as. I am fairly certain Duck Hunt will be one of them though, he looks like a lot of fun.

plus he's a substitute for B&K in my mind
He needs a palette swap with brown dog and unicolor red duck (if he doesn't already have one)

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
YES!!!!! In fact, I'm morally obliged to main the dog whether he's good or not. It's a matter of principle, you know, since I was supporting for the dog since 2002.
That was I call Patience!

I think he gonna be secondary on my list. I gonna find a way to use him. I use Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. I think Duck Hunt Peppers are gonna be my list I use.

Steve178

Smash Rookie
not going to main him but i definitely want to learn how to use him just for the ****s & Giggles

Top Bottom