• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

will the TL king please stand up

ziflak

Smash Rookie
so I kinda suck with TL but i enjoy playing with him (getting better) but something has been bugging me, who is the best TL user right now? Is there anyway to tell at this point and if there is can I get a link to a vid or something.

Keep in mind im also a smashboards noob and i couldnt' find anything like this thread or how to find the best players so sorry for spam or useless thread or what ever.

edit-the point of the thread being is i learn most about toon link when watching pros, learn from the best

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I thought this thread was going to be stupid for a second. =P

Uhh based on what I've seen, top five would be:
Santi
Vietgeek
Lobos
Quivo
Soup

In no particular order. =P
Search them on youtube if you want vids.

Santi

Smash Lord
*stands up*

*quickly sits down*

keke

ha the second video will be out in a couple weeks.
Sorry its taking a while, I just want the second video to surpass the first and be so much better.

And I think Im calling it "Toon Nasty"

idk yet.
Ill try to have it out before school which starts 8/25

zaf

Smash Lord
Who will be removed to make room for you?
No idea. At all, id say who i think has the weakest toon, but ill keep to myself.
I personally am a fan of santi and lobos.
I like Lobos' use of hookshot.
I like santi's playstyle.

I prefer to use a bit more rang and bombs for set ups then they do, I use hookshot a lot.

I also seem to be the only toon shield grabbing, when i am being attacked. Which is amazing btw!.

I dont see enough toons actually shielding, they tend to just use projectiles. When you can shield into a grab to set up combos.

*stands up*

*quickly sits down*

keke

ha the second video will be out in a couple weeks.
Sorry its taking a while, I just want the second video to surpass the first and be so much better.

And I think Im calling it "Toon Nasty"

idk yet.
Ill try to have it out before school which starts 8/25
I was hoping you would use a more "dark knight" themed name.

I am however going to call mine "forever", when i finally get the video in cables. Naming it after the song ill be using by Throwdown.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Amari is good.
Not really good, but good.
I hope to get better. =P

zaf

Smash Lord
just watched that sam guy in the other thread. It'd be better if he had a better opponent to face so he could really be evaluated. That wolf was horrid.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
just watched that sam guy in the other thread. It'd be better if he had a better opponent to face so he could really be evaluated. That wolf was horrid.
Yeah, especially since this vid was posted in early May. This 'Sam' also won a recent tournament with TL (I saw it Ankoku's thread).

Looks like Toon Link will be top tier in Australia =/

EDIT: here is a more recent vid if anyone is interested:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bveUWMtfW_o

Lots of camping, but TL pulls of some good stuff with bombs. Different style of play (no zair, some dair) compared to some of the previously mentioned TL players.

ziflak

Smash Rookie
um.. so why don't those 5 guys/girls kill each other in a lil TL turnament and the last man standing is the best. At the very least we get to see some amazing matches

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
as a noob aren't i entitled to reasonable amounts of stupidity?
Wasn't really stupid at all, I'd be curious about some of the best Kirby/TL players if I hadn't already been around for a bit.
um.. so why don't those 5 guys/girls kill each other in a lil TL turnament and the last man standing is the best. At the very least we get to see some amazing matches
That would be fun :O

I got to play Soup the other day, he's really good. He pretty much dominated me with both TL and Pokemon Trainer >_>
In my own defense, he was the first person I had played on wifi for days :)

I'd love to play really good people offline -_-

And if any of you want to play, I main kirby and tl, feel free to send me a PM. Actually, please do send me a PM since I need moar matches!

And Sasuke, I think you're good too. It's just that your videos were mostly against the same Wario and it wasn't very versatile after the first one :[

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
dude wtf why is my list meaning anything? ._.

Asdioh:
Yeah Soups really good. =o
Meh yeah I need to play other people. >_>
I'm going to start going to tournies soon so yeah. ^_^

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
there is no TL king. only good TLs...
btw sasuke last time u wannted a match i said no cuz of distance but maybe we can try if u have aim let me know...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
there is no TL king. only good TLs...
btw sasuke last time u wannted a match i said no cuz of distance but maybe we can try if u have aim let me know...
Why does everyone but me have AIM?
I wouldn't mind playing you tomorrow though if you want. =)
I really want to play other good TL's. ^_^

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
Let go off of edge by pressing away or down then press Z again. You can do this for 3 times max until you have to touch the ground again to reset.

A lot of people say side is better, but I use down because I'm lame and mess up a lot on side. <_<

Thanks I can't wait to try this! :D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I thought this thread was going to be stupid for a second. =P

Uhh based on what I've seen, top five would be:
Santi
Vietgeek
Lobos
Quivo
Soup

In no particular order. =P
Search them on youtube if you want vids.
put me under 6 or 7

Note: I have no proof I deserve this ranking lol.

QUIVO

Smash Master
If you're going to search for my videos, search for Q vs Os or something. You could also just look under Overswarm's videos (he has a lot though...). He always puts me down under Q instead of Quivo. I'll be recording more videos soon, I've just been too lazy to.

Characters I'll probably play against (the one with the stars are probably the best ones in the midwest):
Pit *
ROB *
Metaknight
Ike *
Ness *
Bowser *
Ganon
Marth
More I guess, but they won't be anyones mains unless I'm forgetting someone. Tell me which you'd prefer I'd get up first or any requests.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Santi is a very good TL. I did beat him in at a tourney 2 days ago but our matches were pretty d*** close. I haven't seen very many vids of other TL's, but you can't go wrong with putting Santi in the top 5. You would be an idiot if he isn't somewhere on your list :p

Btw, who has the best tourney record out of the TL's?

Santi

Smash Lord
Santi is a very good TL. I did beat him in at a tourney 2 days ago but our matches were pretty d*** close. I haven't seen very many vids of other TL's, but you can't go wrong with putting Santi in the top 5. You would be an idiot if he isn't somewhere on your list :p

Btw, who has the best tourney record out of the TL's?
Thanks Doc :)

Dude the Waco tourney was soooo close.
Good games.
Your Wario is so patient ad evasive.
You played so good against the spam and had a nasty comeback on the last match.

Lobos

Smash Master
As far as tourney's go I've been too atleast 8 brawl tourneys since it came out. Usually I place around 13th-25th in a 60+ man tourney in singles and 9th/13th in teams with the same amount of numbers. I did go 2 and out in 2 tournaments before tho (I suck no johns). Also keep in mind that I am in the toughest region for brawl currently and its hard to place good with TL with so many good players around here.

I did go to critical hit 3 and didn't get out of pools by 1 match >.< and that had some 110+ people.

I don't mind playing said players online but I suck online and not everyone has wifi.

Hyro

Smash Lord
The names I hear?

Chip
Santi
Kizzu

Why doesn't anyone mention Kizzu? :/

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Santi is tooooo good. He had some close matches with me in tournament, and took me to last stock high %.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Is Hylian the next Azen or something?
<_<
>_>
<_<
From what I hear he uses a lot of people. =P

Top Bottom