• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Meta Knight Be Top Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthboundMun

Smash Cadet
Pretty much everyone who's played the demo so far has sung Meta Knight's praises. Considering that he's in nearly every gameplay video we have so far, and considering just how powerful he is based ON those videos, I'm willing to say that Meta Knight will be high tier. I don't think I'll bother going into the specifics, but if you've seen the demos and watched the Meta Knight player, it quickly becomes apparent just how powerful Meta Knight is compared to everyone else.

So, yes, short of getting hit with the nerf bat, Meta Knight will probably be high tier.

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much everyone who's played the demo so far has sung Meta Knight's praises. Considering that he's in nearly every gameplay video we have so far, and considering just how powerful he is based ON those videos, I'm willing to say that Meta Knight will be high tier. I don't think I'll bother going into the specifics, but if you've seen the demos and watched the Meta Knight player, it quickly becomes apparent just how powerful Meta Knight is compared to everyone else.

So, yes, short of getting hit with the nerf bat, Meta Knight will probably be high tier.
this is like saying that Roy should be high tier in melee because his forward smash is so spammable in low-level play.

Joe C

Smash Cadet
I'm not making my decisions based off that demo. Stats of moves can easily be changed from now till Feb 08. I forsee him being stacked though.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Meta-Knight's strong's also suck (couldn't kill Sonic at 300%) and Smashes are average. I think, beyond maybe intercepting, he won't be easy to kill with.

Mama

Smash Ace
Well I think certain actions will be disabled after doing the air dodge. Like using the up-B might not be possible after the air dodge which would make things a bit more balanced.
Also I think Metaknight will be light and therefore be killed somewhat easily. Gliding, multiple jumps might be used mostly for his combos.

Do I think he'll be top tier material? Yea. Maybe high tier at least. But we wont really know for a while.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
All we've seen so far are scrub tactics from the scrub players playing in the videos. It's it's far too early for anyone to be making a judgement call on this.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
As people have already said, he's probably just newb friendly. A good beginner character, I hope he has some depth to him though, I've been considering maining him since way back when he was first announced.. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom