• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Meta Knight Be Top Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
think about it... bowser forward smashes meta. meta uses all his multi jumps, then air dodges to the stage then glides the rest of the way... even after all that he still has his up b:psycho:. And his attacks are insane!!! :psycho:

discuss.

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
i have been thinking this for awhile,but the tier list is based on how chracters stack up in tourney play and how good players use them in tourneys so without online or tournaments there is no tier list

well it goes something like that IDK there is topic on how the tier list goes

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
if you really think about it he has:

Multiple Jumps(Im gunna guess about 4-5)
Up B
Air Dodge
Glide
Side B
Neutral B

Meta Knight is immortal as long as a he isnt in the 300-999's

I wouldnt be surprised if he can go around New Pork twice...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea he was in the 80's...I know, dont worry, I was exaggerating...but on big stages like (hopefully) Hyrule Temple and New Pork City....its gunna take a little more than a kiss from those cheeks to send this guy packing....

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
yea he was in the 80's...I know, dont worry, I was exaggerating...but on big stages like (hopefully) Hyrule Temple and New Pork City....its gunna take a little more than a kiss from those cheeks to send this guy packing....
And that's why you ban massive stages. Don't worry. Sakurai knows what he's doing. Balancing is a huge part of development; it won't get screwed up.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Doesn't have much of a ranged game from what I can see.

but then again, neither does Marth.

Mersh

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight looks to be incredibly weak. When he and Bowser are fighting in the Halberd video, his aerial slashes do a single percentage each.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm guessing no. In the games, Meta Knight was well known for his powerful attacks but easy-to-dieness. He appears pretty weak in Brawl, and I doubt he'll be very hard to smash off stage, soo....

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Ask again in a few years. It took like 4 years for Melee tiers to get settled in and there are still disagreements all over the place. I know some IGN people said Meta-Knight was really good but why would you trust a bunch of smash scrubs who've played the game for maybe an hour at most.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
We dont know how the gliding thing will effect the other jumps. Maybe you will fall helplessly after you do a glide? We dont know, but he looks like a good character.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
if you really think about it he has:

Multiple Jumps(Im gunna guess about 4-5)
Up B
Air Dodge
Glide
Side B
Neutral B

Meta Knight is immortal as long as a he isnt in the 300-999's

I wouldnt be surprised if he can go around New Pork twice...
this is what i'm talking about! he would be unstopable if he were as heavy as bowser
i'm guessing that he will be easy to star ko but think how hard it will be to kill him off the side :psycho:

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea its impossible to pwn him off the sides....from the top is entirely different...

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
You guys barely know anything about any of the characters to be worried about one being overpowered...

If you have to make speculations of characters potential brokenness, at lest wait till the guys of E for all tell us some more.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea but people with extra time speculate WAY too much....oh and if theyre bored...hehehe.....let the sea of speculation crush the souls of those who dont give a dam...

why else am I here...hee hee

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I'm worried about Kirby, what does Kirby have that Metaknight doesn't besides being able to steal a single (usually VERY situational) neutral B. Perhaps Kirby will be able to steal multiple moves in Brawl, or even combine them? Could be the reason we haven't seen Kirby's move set yet...but he was in the demo right?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no he wasnt...and I doubt he could steal 2 or more....but then again...look at PT...(who Im maining btw)

MyBurden

Smash Cadet
I'm usually the first one to say don't judge a character until you actually get the game, but Meta Knight looks badass. He has good standard attack with excellent reach compared to his size, he can multi jump, glide, and his B attacks look effect and useful in battle. I can see this guy being used ALOT in competitive play.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
My goodness will this ever end? Though it would be quite interesting with proper testing after the release of Brawl, Metaknight was Top Tier. As of right now this type of speculation is not needed. Wait till after Brawl comes out geez...

-Knight

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I'm worried about Kirby, what does Kirby have that Metaknight doesn't besides being able to steal a single (usually VERY situational) neutral B. Perhaps Kirby will be able to steal multiple moves in Brawl, or even combine them? Could be the reason we haven't seen Kirby's move set yet...but he was in the demo right?
How about Kirbycide? :p

I'm pretty sure Metaknight would be very light weight, with his recovery as good as it is. Whether that'll matter much or not, we'll have to find out when the game is released.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

This thread was bad to start with, not it's just worthless. Lock or move to character discussion (which is were it belongs anyway) Plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom