• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Ganon be playable without L-Canceling?

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Right, we see one decently skilled ganon against a not so good bowser, and everyone gets excited.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf hater? Why would I hate on a character I played so much in and spent so much time in on melee? Why the heck would I go look for vids and ask anyone I could for impressions to find out what happened to him?

Get real. Some people here just aren't being realistic about what ganon can and can't do at maximum potential. I'm not gonna get my hopes up because ganon won 1 match against a bowser, what does this prove? That on any given day, a bowser can lose to a ganon?

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Ganondorf hater? Why would I hate on a character I played so much in and spent so much time in on melee? Why the heck would I go look for vids and ask anyone I could for impressions to find out what happened to him?

Get real. Some people here just aren't being realistic about what ganon can and can't do at maximum potential. I'm not gonna get my hopes up because ganon won 1 match against a bowser, what does this prove? That on any given day, a bowser can lose to a ganon?
Oh sure, you won't get your hopes up... but hey, don't get your hopes down too much either. It swings both ways.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Is that confirmed? SonicTHP told me there wasn't any and it seems he has the game.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
No i mean i thought he said warlock punch didn't have any, although his smashes might..

veil222

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdbFF7Jf898&feature=user

This is some good hope for ganondorf, but hey, ti's just bowser right? Well here ya go, this is the video I've been using to show people L-cancelling isn't needed on slower characters. Watch what happens when this falco tries to sheild ganon's moves...

This is copied from another thread about L-cancelling:

"http://youtube.com/watch?v=mxfh5MyMdXY&feature=user

This one isn't a bad example of what I was talking about. Just watch when someone gets hit while sheilding by anything. At about 1:18 Falco even uses his a combo to push ganon too far away to sheild grab, if that can do it, just imagine what a strong ariel would do. Well, you don't need to imagine, at 2:35, ganon lands his fair on falco *and shoves him clean off the edge*. Even if that falco wasn't pushed off the edge, it would have been really hard to try to punish that. By the time he could close the distance the Ganon would have recovered. Again, at 3:02 there's a great example, Ganon lands his fsmash on falco's sheild and shoves him too far back to even punish, let alone sheild grab."

Magus420

Smash Master
If foxtrot dashdancing is a viable replacement for the old method then shield knockback is a moot point really. That was my main concern from the beginning with that much lag. People weren't really trying to shieldgrab Ganon before anyway, just now it would be far easier to DD camp and get in during his lag.

FenrirIII

Smash Cadet
I noticed something in that Falco/Ganon video posted just above. Tell me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the lag from Ganon's D-Air is severely reduced if he actually hits with it.
At 0:39 for example, he hits Falco with it, and right after landing, he has time to Side-B before Falco even gets up. He tries to do it again at 1:49 but misses, and the lag is definately there when he lands. He does it again at 3:29, hits and there is no lag after landing. He tries and misses again at 5:05, and again there is noticeable lag. And at 5:40, he hits Falco's shield and there is lag again.
Am I seeing things, or does anyone else notice this? Or is the lag there and I'm just missing it?

Top Bottom