• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Echo fighters return in the form of DLC?

Well, will they?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
So Sakurai said something along the lines of the DLC fighters won't be echos so I'm curious if echo fighters could be like free updates for people that purchased the dlc pack, just as little bonus, because I was a fan of the concept of a echo and I'm not sure if they will return or not, thoughts?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
While that does sound like an awesome idea, I doubt they would give out echo fighters as free updates. Although they do take less work than normal fighters, they still require their own unique animations, effects, taunts etc. I could see them being offered at a reduced price, but not as free updates.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai already said no echos in the packs
Which is why that's one of the first things I said in my post. He also said Ridley was too big for smash, and they don't have to be in said packs they can be sold independently from the packs, no need to be so linear.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
This SHOULD be happening, but knowing Sakurai...he may not like inflating the roster anymore than he already has. Free Echo Fighters from time to time would be a really nice thing. Why not throw a bunch in and get the roster # closer to 100. Would be neat if anything..

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Since Mii costumes were 75 cents, I'd imagine echoes being $1-2 depending on whether they're Lucina-tier or Chrom-tier. We may get some echoes that push the limits like Ken but not as much as he does.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Lol that bayonetta character?
This is why I want them back, so many obvious echos missed out, and I think they deserve a second chance.
Its so weird that she and Rodin we trophies in 4 but only Rodin appears in the game.

Kinda how like Ken was the only SF trophy other than the Ryu ones.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Lots of Nintendo games are getting regular free updates, including Smash - so there could be plenty of Echo Fighters there.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Yeah Sakurai only specified that none of the characters in the Fighter Pass will be echoes, he didn't say anything about not giving / charging us for echoes outside of that.

Still holdin' out for Funky Kong.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I still find it weird how they made a big deal about echos and in the end we didn't get that many new ones. I'm hoping Sakurai releases some sort of surprise echo pack down the line as there are a ton of potential echos.

Top Bottom