• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will "E for All" end the Wavedashing debates?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm sure that someone going to E for All will attempt to wavedash should they get the chance to play. So should we assume that if it does or doesn't work, it'll be official for the whole game that it does or doesn't exist? Or should we expect the the playable version at E for All is different from the actual game?

Sry if this has already been posted.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
i believe it will be the real version, it will just have modes, items, and characters blocked out so you can;t see/use them. I think the actual gameplay will be the real stuff

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
They wouldn't change the physics engine just for E for All. The physics engine in the demo will be the one in Brawl (unless it has a crazy bad glitch).
Too true. I think this may actually end the stupid debate...

Also, expect EVERYONE to use Snake if he's playable...

XD

Takalth

Smash Ace
Assuming it's playable there (my understanding is that it hasn't been officially confirmed, though I would be pleased to be corrected), we should be certain about wavedashing, know the special moves for any character they let you play, and figure out a host of other things.

The only problem is that the Smashboards server probably will drop to less than a crawl when people start reading about and commenting on the threads started by those who make it to the event.

We'll probably end up with a final major thread about wavedashing that either joyously confirms it or mourns at its departure (since most of those capable of reliably testing its presence want it in), that will begin with a vicious debate about whether that was a good choice, and where a few scrubs make a final attempt to convince us that competitive players don't have fun and a few competitive players tell them that they suck, and then yes, the debate about its presence will die.

EDIT: Last I read about it being playable, it was still rumor. It appears that it really is official. Now, if only it wasn't 600+ miles away...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
So long repetitive wavedashing topics. If E for All shows proof of wavedashing, that'd be awesome as it would prove that Sakurai finds wavedashing fun and strategic just like me and many competitive smashers do. If not, there's always another way to rule at this game. :)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
If wavedashing is purposely left in the game, chances are they'll make it an actual technique.

Which means, players will not know how to perform the technique without being told how to on the Dojo.

Which means, not seeing it at E for All isn't a deconfirmation.

Which means, GG.

I still giggle at the thought of players picking up Brawl at E for All and futilously trying to wavedash, preciously wasting their gameplay time.

shanus

Smash Hero
If wavedashing is purposely left in the game, chances are they'll make it an actual technique.

Which means, players will not know how to perform the technique without being told how to on the Dojo.

Which means, not seeing it at E for All isn't a deconfirmation.

Which means, GG.

I still giggle at the thought of players picking up Brawl at E for All and futilously trying to wavedash, preciously wasting their gameplay time.
it shouldnt be something to waste time so to say, it should be fairly quick to determine, and odds are it isnt wasting time if they enjoy the game by using it :p

SantaClaus

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure that someone going to E for All will attempt to wavedash should they get the chance to play. So should we assume that if it does or doesn't work, it'll be official for the whole game that it does or doesn't exist? Or should we expect the the playable version at E for All is different from the actual game?
Yes.

Thank you.

Shuma

Smash Hero
What if the game is only playable with wiimotes.... how do you wavedash with those... eh eh? GG i win.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
If it was with wiimotes...then there will probly be a big screen displaying how to play while your in line so you dont have to waste time....i might be able to go to e 4 all btw...:)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
People still argue about WDing in the melee section so I wouldn't be surprised if the arguments continue.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
what is wave dashing, if all it is is a speed boost then i say it isnt worth knowing how to do and if people base all their combat on it, and isnt in brawl, they will be doomed. and i will laugh.:laugh:

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
what is wave dashing, if all it is is a speed boost then i say it isnt worth knowing how to do and if people base all their combat on it, and isnt in brawl, they will be doomed. and i will laugh.:laugh:
it also helps with mindgames strategy and timing...but obviously you wouldnt know that...but if brawl doesnt have it then i will just have to adjust to it...
Brockman is right. People will just adjust to it and still be as good cause the wavedashing factor is taken out of everyone's fighting style.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I think E for All will end the debates, because it's really hard to debate about whether or not wavedashing is in Brawl when someone goes there and comes away saying "Hey, I did it" or "You can't do it".

The debate about whether or not wavedashing should be in Brawl will probably never end. I won't even put my opinion on the topic in here.

But I do expect wavedashing to not be in Brawl. And I don't think it will be replaced with an official technique. The closest thing to wavedashing will be sliding on the ground after coming in for a sideways landing or landing on a slanted platform. Like platform wavedashing.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The only thing that I don't think will be able to be tested is using the c-stick. It's quite possible only single player mode will be activated and it may be used for camera movement again.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
What if the game is only playable with wiimotes.... how do you wavedash with those... eh eh? GG i win.
Uh, that's easy. Just use whatever button you use to air dodge, and combine it with whatever buttons you use to control movement. If it's Wiimote + Nunchuck, use C or Z to air dodge and the control stick to move. Use the 1 button or something to jump.

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
Too true. I think this may actually end the stupid debate...

Also, expect EVERYONE to use Snake if he's playable...

XD
Or sonic....

Giggle? This gets a full blown roflmfao:laugh:

Rofl, Imagine someone trying to WaveDash and he dies and security says "Okay, next!"
....owned.

Sakuria is a genius, whether wave dashing is in or out, there would have been quite a bit of discussion about it while in development. So if its in then it will have become a gameplay element and probably tweaked, if its out then its for good reason when taking into account the rest of the game/gameplay mechanics.

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
i want wavedaashing to be in brawl, i do it when i knock a cpu or a friend off screen ^^ if its not in brawl, ill still play, but you know that new techniques will come about no matter what. its a SSB game were talking about here.

BalefireBoy

Smash Journeyman
Have fun Isai. I'm really glad that at least one person that knows what they're doing is going to this thing. Just don't get hit, okay? And come up to WA again soon to tell us of all your adventures at E for All! And we can go to the Puyallup Fair! Good times!

Oh and to be on topic... Brawl will be a deep competitive game with or without WD. If WD is not in, there will be new advanced tricks to learn. Every fighting game has them. And the WD debate will never stop, whether it's confirmed to be in or not so just learn to ignore it as I have.

Top Bottom