• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will all Game Stops have a Brawl Midnight release?

Garuda

Smash Ace
Well... one employee told me as I reserved Brawl that there were about 200 reservations... one of them two years before the game was even announced. So I can probably guess, there will be a midnight launch here too. Plenty of people here play Smash anyway.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I know the Gamestop I use is having a midnight release (friends have been planning midnight release outing for some time)

Medford is a city in Jackson County, Oregon, United States. As of 2007, the city had a total population of 75,675 and a metro population of more than 200,000.
I live in Ashland, about 1/2hr drive south on Interstate 5, I have a feeling there are a LOT of Brawl reserves (though I don't have exact #s) when I bought my copy of Super Mario Galaxy, the clerk actually asked me if I had reserved Brawl (implying [if you don't reserve it now, you probably won't see it for a long time])

Zodiac

Smash Master
I've never known gamestop to not have a midnight release for something this big.

SweetSoulBrother

Smash Rookie
As a former GameStop employee, a midnight release totally on a store by store basis unless Corporate says otherwise. For games like Madden that come out annually, Midnight Releases are guaranteed. Especially since EA pays out to GameStop so that they can afford to pay the employees that are working those nights as well as Security coverage if the store is located in a mall. So it just depends on your store. I'd just call up your stores and see what they're gunna do. With Brawl being such a heavy hitter title, I would say that most stores would. We'll know for sure at the end of the month more than likely. Hold on to your hats boys. We're about a month away!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
My gamespot said no, more then likely it's because they're inside of a mall. Often times Malls set limits on how late or early your set hours can be.

jmh_86

Smash Rookie
My gamestop is in a mall =[ (the one I preordered from)
Should I go to the one that's not at the mall instead? (wasted 5 bucks x.x)
The mall doesn't open overnight.
A: My gamestop told me that you can transfer your preorders to other stores.
B: Mine is in a mall as well, and they still do midnight releases. They just have to hire mall security for like an hour in the middle of the night.

My store said that they would do midnight if they got over 50 reserves. they have over 100 already. He told me that he is waiting for word from corporate for details. Also said that if it was a midnight release it would just be, open, sell games, close. no big party or anything.

Top Bottom