• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will all Game Stops have a Brawl Midnight release?

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
As title says, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

It is a little too late for me to call Game Stop tonight, and I can't find the info I want to know on there main website, if there is please tell. ( -Inc. stupid question- ) Or are all Game Stops suppose to have a midnight release for Brawl?

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
Last time I checked they hadn't decided, they were awaiting word from headquarters

Johivin

Smash Rookie
Are any Gamestops having midnight releases? I didn't hear that.

I'd believe that many would, just due to the size of the game. Then again, if it is actually coming out ON Sunday, I would doubt it.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I reserved at EB (same store) and they said "It isn't a Game of the Year sequel, so we won't be having it at midnight." Morons, they seem to not realize that this is more like a game of 6 years sequel. But yeah, it will probably be available when they open the 10th or 11th (8AM at our location).

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I know mine is. I checked when I reserved my copy. In addition to the midnight release, they're having a Brawl tournement the next day- all characters unlocked.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I reserved at EB (same store) and they said "It isn't a Game of the Year sequel, so we won't be having it at midnight." Morons, they seem to not realize that this is more like a game of 6 years sequel. But yeah, it will probably be available when they open the 10th or 11th (8AM at our location).
Lmao I love that. "Game of 6 years"
Pretty much. :)

I know mine is. I checked when I reserved my copy. In addition to the midnight release, they're having a Brawl tournement the next day- all characters unlocked.
Wow you Gamestop is ownage.
Iono if I'd go cause of the whole all characters unlocked thing.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
****...if they somehow DID do a midnight release, I better go reserve a copy at another EB/Gamestop. I'd be pissed if it was released at midnight and I had to wait for the mall to open, XD.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
No, all Gamestops are not having a midnight release. It depends on that store's repsective amount of preorders.

And unfortunately, mine is not.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Mine most likely is, since they even had one for Guitar Hero III. They said that Brawl was mega-reserved near me...and they'll most likely have a midnight release.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well, I hope to god they will be open at midnight for ours. If not I might have to take some sleeping pills and go to bed super early and wake up at 8 so I don't *feel* as if I missed time.

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
I work at one and as of yet we have no plans to do a midnight launch or an early opening, however it is not out of the question. Usually unless it's madden or halo, we don't know about the midnight launch until a little bit beforehand, and it probably won't be a big deal or anything.

I would say:

YES for stores in bigger cities w/ over 100 reserves
NO for stores in smaller cities w/ a few reserves

Anth0ny

Smash Master
No midnight releases for anywhere near me. I'll be up at 6 in the morning outside of my local Best Buy to make sure me and my friends have the first copies as early as possible.

random_bob

Smash Cadet
I work at one and as of yet we have no plans to do a midnight launch or an early opening, however it is not out of the question. Usually unless it's madden or halo, we don't know about the midnight launch until a little bit beforehand, and it probably won't be a big deal or anything.

I would say:

YES for stores in bigger cities w/ over 100 reserves
NO for stores in smaller cities w/ a few reserves
awesome, thanks. well i ave no idea if there is one in my city then i have no idea how many reserved.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
I soo hope so, then my friend and I could walk to the one by our house at midnight =D

zookey

Smash Rookie
I work at a Gamestop and we are going to have a midnight release for it.

A 2

Smash Apprentice
For those who reserved their copys in a mall, my mall is having a midnight release in fact they had a huge midnight release party when the wii came out. I'd say just check with your store.

-A2

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I work at a Gamestop and we are going to have a midnight release for it.
Hey Zookey. Welcome to SWF!

About your info.
That's cool to know.
Do you live in a big city or town?

These are the stats to my town.

Livermore:
Wikipedia said:
Population - Total 82,845 - Density 3,438/sq mi (1,183.7/km²)
So I doubt we'll have a midnight release from our Gamestop. :(

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
My gamestop is in a mall =[ (the one I preordered from)
Should I go to the one that's not at the mall instead? (wasted 5 bucks x.x)
The mall doesn't open overnight.

Mall stores are a LOT LESS likely to do a midnight opening as the company has to shell out extra cash to hire mall security to stay later. I would say most strip stores w/ over a certain number of reserves WILL open at midnight as they don't have to pay any extra fees.

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
Hey Zookey. Welcome to SWF!

About your info.
That's cool to know.
Do you live in a big city or town?

These are the stats to my town.

Livermore:

So I doubt we'll have a midnight release from our Gamestop. :(
I live in a town of 30k population and 3 gamestops and we're already at 80 something reserves. Chances of us having a midnight launch seem pretty likely, though i'm not sure yet.

I'd say chances are you will though. Just call your local store and ask them if they will, and if they don't know, ask them how many reserves they have.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
well they had a midnight release for Halo 3 at my mall (I should know because my friends left my birthday early to get to the mall -_-) For a game as big as this I am assuming that they would.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I hope my gamestop does a midnight release, if not I will call up my Coconuts and see if they will do one, they have a stand alone store.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I live in a small town, but our GameStop is still doing a midnight release. I don't think it all depends on how many pre-orders there are, I think it's ultimately up to the store manager. The game is allowed to sell at midnight on the 10th, so it all varies on where you live and who works there.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I live in a town of 30k population and 3 gamestops and we're already at 80 something reserves. Chances of us having a midnight launch seem pretty likely, though i'm not sure yet.

I'd say chances are you will though. Just call your local store and ask them if they will, and if they don't know, ask them how many reserves they have.
Yeah I'll call tomorrow.

For some reason whenever I call Gamestop, I feel all naggy.

Like I'm pissing the guy off or something, even if he doesn't seemed pissed off.

It's just some random feeling I get.

Top Bottom