• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wiimote

mybigboner

Smash Rookie
Can you use advanced link technique's like DAC with a wiimote + nunchuck? all the tutorials are using examples for the gamecube controller, and I dont have a gamecube controller. In the case it isn't possible to use at's with the wiimote, please post it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You should be able to. GameCube controllers are the easiest to use so tutorials have them. I don't know how to do ATs with the wii remote and nunchuck.
I suggest buying a GC controller because they are better for ATs and have 2 control sticks. You can also buy a 'classic controller', which has 2 analog sticks. Have the right stick set to 'smash' and a trigger button to 'grab' or 'attack'. Dash>right stick down>roll left stick up and attack or grab to DACUS.

pulse131

Smash Ace
pretty sure u cant boost smash with the wiimote but i dont use it, thats just what ive heard. id recommend getting a gamecube controller, there on ebay, gamestop, for like, 5 bucks. and they work exceptioanl better for competitive brawling, especially for using AT's.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't be foolish XD. Of course you can do AT's and stuff with the wiichuck. All you need to do is stuff around with the controls and get yourself a C-stick on the D-pad (or at least 3/4 of a C-stick).

Next time try to post stuff like this in the Q/A thread.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You may b able to, more than likely yes, my friend uses the nunchuck and he mortar slides with snake all the time, he told me he had 2 configure his controller.
But yeah, the person above me is right, no offense,but keep posts like this in the Question & Answer Threads....

Happy Smashing!

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
You would be able to dacus for sure, but I'm pretty sure your going to be definitely at a disadvantage when it comes to smash DI from those multi hit moves

mybigboner

Smash Rookie
ya sorry bro, I just had a urgent question so I created a char on this forum. Thanks for the answer. If anyone can post how to do a pivot slide or a DAC or any other AT's with a wiimote + nunchuck feel free to post it!

Top Bottom