• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiiMote Problem

Blissard

Smash Lord
There doesn't seem to be a place for general electronic troubleshooting that doesn't involve textures, so I'll just rant here:

1) I have a WiiMote, and the lights won't blink when I press any of the front buttons. However, it'll blink and sync if I hold down the red button on the Wii and the WiiMote at the same time (the pressing 1 + 2 method doesn't work). Does anyone know what's happening, since I don't want to manually fix it each time I boot my Wii?

2) My other WiiMote will desync whenever I turn off my Wii, but its lights work fine and it can sync through any method.

Anyone have any solutions, or am I just screwed? Probably the latter...

Kiru

Smash Cadet
Take your batteries out, put in new ones (even if the old ones are rechargeable), try to get that one to work. If It works, fiddle around with it until both wiimotes are synced in appropriate player positions (player 1 and player 2). If the new batteries didnt change anything, leave your wiimote alone for around 24 hours without batteries in it in a place where a button could not be accidentally held down.

If you have any more problems, there are many wiimote troubleshooting pages on the nintendo site, yahoo answers, etc. just google search.

Xyless

Smash Master
Chances are, your batteries are dead. And if you have a charger for them, there's still a chance that the batteries have dried out. Try different batteries.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I just put in new batteries today. Not...working :c Now the 2nd WiiMote only flashes once when I press a button on it (but doesn't sync), and I have to manually sync that one too. Ughhhhh.

But I still find the first WiiMote weird. Cause usually if it's broken, it's broken. But this one still kinda works...>_> But thanks guys. And Kiru, I'm leaving it for 24 hours starting now :D

Top Bottom