• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Wii U is hackable - Will there be mods again?

Do you want a new Project M-kinda thing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I'm confused why anyone has a problem with the very existence of another project M. I mean, it's not sitting there punching you in the gut whenever you try to play ssb4. In other words, either you want to play it and you're for it or you don't want to play it doesn't effect you at all whether or not it's made.

Azureo

Smash Cadet
NNID
XFrostheartX
3DS FC
4940-6338-3501
This has probably been said a few hundred times now within this thread, but the game isn't even finshed yet. Mods are generally edits to add and/or improve things within the game. Now how do you do this for a game which you don't know the limits of?

How do you do away with this game and ask for a more competitive-friendly version before even knowing the competitive value of the game itself?

In any case, just wait it out. Good to know it's hackable though, I love homebrew.

Last edited:

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I want Smash 4 to be good enough to not need another PM.

However, if it isn't that great, then sure let people have their PM.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
"The Smash community" implies that he's talking about any and all SSB fans. He said that the majority of Smash players disliked Brawl. That simply is not true.
"Smash Community" doesn't necessarily mean every person in the world that plays Smash brothers, like Pizzapie said. That would mean that my Mom, who likes goofing off and blowing off steam on Zelda games (which includes mainly her just riding around on Epona) is a member of the Zelda community, when clearly she just enjoys the game.

So no, I didn't imply what you were talking about.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
"Smash Community" doesn't necessarily mean every person in the world that plays Smash brothers, like Pizzapie said. That would mean that my Mom, who likes goofing off and blowing off steam on Zelda games (which includes mainly her just riding around on Epona) is a member of the Zelda community, when clearly she just enjoys the game.

So no, I didn't imply what you were talking about.
"The Smash community" could mean many things, but it sounds like any Smash fan who talks about it online.

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
Obviously the Melee community was big enough to warrant Sakurai's attempts to appease fans of Melee.

It also seems to be big enough that PM takes priority over Brawl at tournaments. (Which I see no problem because competitive Brawl play is BORING)

Yay more Project M..can't you guys just stick with one?

If they do, and I sure hope not, make a Project M for Wii U there going to take out the new mechanics back with old ones.
Ledge Hog disabled so people can use a variety of tactics to guard?, lawl nope, pls stahp sakurai
Pacman wave dashing to dodge instead of using his unique abilities to escape, cool
"Let's cancel EVERYTHING"
Slam dunk mechanic (Bouncing off the ground when spiked)? A little too risky sakurai.
PM team wouldn't want any of these in to have potential counteracting their design of competitiveness PM 1.

So on and so on down the road to make it Melee 3.0/ PM 2.0, knocking Smash 4 off the tourney list, for people who can't live with only PM and Melee!! (Just using as an example, like Nintendo would let a knock off mod on their newest console become worthy for tourneys, fans are already having their jimmies rustled with suspected MK8 hacks of texture color) (also they've put a lot of hours into PM, don't see why they would start from scratch cause of melee wunners complaining)

GREAT!

Guess that's my second reply on this thread. Just wanted to try dipping my paddle in this salt ocean.
That's like saying, why is there a sequel to any game? Can't you stick to one? PM is its own thing. And lol what makes you think Nintendo is the only thing in the world that can host tourneys?

But rather than say anything productive go ahead and attack the character of the fans of PM rather than the situation itself.

You guys can still have your Sm4sh and play it too because god forbid people want to play a game differently than you.

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Obviously the Melee community was big enough to warrant Sakurai's attempts to appease fans of Melee.

It also seems to be big enough that PM takes priority over Brawl at tournaments. (Which I see no problem because competitive Brawl play is BORING)

That's like saying, why is there a sequel to any game? Can't you stick to one? PM is its own thing. And lol what makes you think Nintendo is the only thing in the world that can host tourneys?

But rather than say anything productive go ahead and attack the character of the fans of PM rather than the situation itself.

You guys can still have your Sm4sh and play it too because god forbid people want to play a game differently than you.

Smash 4 is NINTENDO's game and they have rights to what ever comes of it, I wasn't even talking about Nintendo tourneys, you think just because it's on a different tourney and their representing Nintendo's property, it can't have any consequences/it's untouchable? That argument is invalid.
It's a Mod, Nintendo can likely do anything to prevent it's public publicity especially in a tourney. Modding a game console now-a-days in this generation isn't always valued as high and mighty.

And when did I attack the fans? I said that they put a lot of work in PM, for the fans, which I do applaude their perseverance, why the heck would they want to start from scratch again.

Saying my words aren't productive is more sounding like your getting extremely defensive, it's slightly annoying. "Not attacking the situation", kk your ignoring half the post. gg

If playing a game differently from me is just taking the new mechanics out than putting the old PM coating on it, BAM new game with wavedashing yet again, than it isn't really different, is it?

Let's just change everything we don't like. I mean Sakurai can't do his job right? Screw him. Let's not even give the game or him a chance. Smash 5? More like PM 3. Thanks for the build but we will take it from here, Sakurai.

>Competetive Brawl play is BORING, sees no problem with Brawl getting taken over in tourneys.

Yeah a little bias here and there. Maybe seeing the same mechanics over and over can get a little boring. Melee for a decade and then some with PM. Wavedashing all day. Seeing no problem is acting hypocritical since it's like saying "I don't care what the fans of Brawl want, PM all the way, grind brawl into dust, no tourney " you know, attacking the fans as you would put it.

I had tons of fun in my competitive online tourney Brawl days up to May 2014, and the opponents were formidable. Also had fun in my melee days with School clubs and the family.

PM is there, if YOU don't like Sm4sh than go back and use it. It'll be there for the definitive version of mods, tourney needs etc.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
I want Smash 4 to be good enough to not need another PM.

However, if it isn't that great, then sure let people have their PM.
Pretty much this, really.

Hell, even if Smash 4 does extremely well competitively, I wouldn't mind PM 2 with Smash 4 wrecking the scene side by side just for PM showing at its core to be really fun (you know, fun, something people in these forums swear up and down what they're arguing for in the grand scheme of things?). Let's not kid ourselves and act like it's an objectively bad game going by the reception this game has garnered even outside the community.

I shouldn't have to go into detail about how it's understandable for people to express preference, PM not eliminating a scene considering all the factors to even obtain the mod and that there won't likely be another PM anyway because that's common sense. Even then, it's been explained here many times on this thread alone. Even to the same users questioning the reasons from other previous PM based threads.

All this thread has done is give me the impression that the people who are worrying about Smash 4 dying with so much of a mention of PM already must really have no type of confidence in their Smash of choice they claim to have, sadly enough.

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
Smash 4 is NINTENDO's game and they have rights to what ever comes of it, I wasn't even talking about Nintendo tourneys, you think just because it's on a different tourney and their representing Nintendo's property, it can't have any consequences/it's untouchable? That argument is invalid.
It's a Mod, Nintendo can likely do anything to prevent it's public publicity especially in a tourney. Modding a game console now-a-days in this generation isn't always valued as high and mighty.

And when did I attack the fans? I said that they put a lot of work in PM, for the fans, which I do applaude their perseverance, why the heck would they want to start from scratch again.

Saying my words aren't productive is more sounding like your getting extremely defensive, it's slightly annoying. "Not attacking the situation", kk your ignoring half the post. gg

If playing a game differently from me is just taking the new mechanics out than putting the old PM coating on it, BAM new game with wavedashing yet again, than it isn't really different, is it?

Let's just change everything we don't like. I mean Sakurai can't do his job right? Screw him. Let's not even give the game or him a chance. Smash 5? More like PM 3. Thanks for the build but we will take it from here, Sakurai.

>Competetive Brawl play is BORING, sees no problem with Brawl getting taken over in tourneys.

Yeah a little bias here and there. Maybe seeing the same mechanics over and over can get a little boring. Melee for a decade and then some with PM. Wavedashing all day. Seeing no problem is acting hypocritical since it's like saying "I don't care what the fans of Brawl want, PM all the way, grind brawl into dust, no tourney " you know, attacking the fans as you would put it.

I had tons of fun in my competitive online tourney Brawl days up to May 2014, and the opponents were formidable. Also had fun in my melee days with School clubs and the family.

PM is there, if YOU don't like Sm4sh than go back and use it. It'll be there for the definitive version of mods, tourney needs etc.
Oh please, don't go act all high and mighty saying I'm getting defensive when you know very well that your representation of the community was highly unfair. If you didn't expect any response like mine then you're sorely mistaken.

And I AM giving Sakurai a chance. I've said here already I'm arguing for a hypothetical outcome. But I'm also saying I'd still have no problem if there was a Project M U anyway. And if Brawl is being taken over in tourneys it's obviously because there isn't much interest in it. People are so butthurt about this but they don't do anything about it. Smash at Xanadu would host Brawl tourneys but no one wants to play it. Brawl had many flaws. Not to mention, Brawl had its run already, I don't see how it could possibly be a popular event at any tourney in the 2013-2014 era. And if Nintendo wanted to do anything to stop PM they've had millions of chances to do something about it but yet they don't.

PM is more than just a Melee clone. It's the best of all 3 Smash games and that's why I love it so much as a casual player.

At the end of the day, who really cares if another Project M is made? Is someone gluing a controller in your hands and forcing you to play it? PM will always be a side event at major tourneys anyway so you'll always get your Sm4sh tourney if that's what everyone is so god damn afraid of.

I'm giving Sm4sh a chance as I'm sure everyone else is for obvious reasons. IMHO I wouldn't care if they did decide to make another mod.

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
I want to play competitively but I want to play the original game competitively. I'm like trapped between two worlds. On the one hand, I have casual who actually want to play the original game but don't provide much challenge (I was playing 3 on 1 and still winning at Brawl). On the other hand, I have competitive players who 9/10 refuse to believe any game exists but Melee or mods. I get a challenge (and frequently beat) from them, but they never want to play the game I want to.

I swear I saw that the UK had some major Brawl tournament going and was so jealous my fellow Americans couldn't be that into Brawl. I'm hoping I get more luck with Smash 4.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
No, it'll just be another Melee clone that roughly half of the competitive players don't want. Japan, anyone?

Look at how many people play Project M. it is a MOD and has been around for way less then Melee. It is more BALANCED then Melee. It includes the characters that Melee didn't have (or did have, in case of M2 and Roy). But the physics are meant to closely resemble Melee's.

So... Logic is that "Similar Physics=Clone"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Look at how many people play Project M. it is a MOD and has been around for way less then Melee. It is more BALANCED then Melee. It includes the characters that Melee didn't have (or did have, in case of M2 and Roy). But the physics are meant to closely resemble Melee's.

So... Logic is that "Similar Physics=Clone"
Then play PM if you want to play a Melee style game that badly. Another would be redundant in so many ways. All that work balancing? Gone. Recreating Melee's physics? Null. We already know changing big things on the Wii U is significantly harder thanks to a certain hacker. It'd be less work to backport the newcomers then it would be to re-recreate Melee.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Oh please, don't go act all high and mighty saying I'm getting defensive when you know very well that your representation of the community was highly unfair. If you didn't expect any response like mine then you're sorely mistaken.

And I AM giving Sakurai a chance. I've said here already I'm arguing for a hypothetical outcome. But I'm also saying I'd still have no problem if there was a Project M U anyway. And if Brawl is being taken over in tourneys it's obviously because there isn't much interest in it. People are so butthurt about this but they don't do anything about it. Smash at Xanadu would host Brawl tourneys but no one wants to play it. Brawl had many flaws. Not to mention, Brawl had its run already, I don't see how it could possibly be a popular event at any tourney in the 2013-2014 era. And if Nintendo wanted to do anything to stop PM they've had millions of chances to do something about it but yet they don't.

PM is more than just a Melee clone. It's the best of all 3 Smash games and that's why I love it so much as a casual player.

At the end of the day, who really cares if another Project M is made? Is someone gluing a controller in your hands and forcing you to play it? PM will always be a side event at major tourneys anyway so you'll always get your Sm4sh tourney if that's what everyone is so god damn afraid of.

I'm giving Sm4sh a chance as I'm sure everyone else is for obvious reasons. IMHO I wouldn't care if they did decide to make another mod.

1st off: I don't think of PM as a melee clone, it advances on Melee's short comings. I stated that Project M 2.0 for Smash 4 would be a PM clone.

2nd off: That was Wii, a very unsecured system, no rules like how the online was run like in brawl. So they could make a mod no problem like they did with Homebrew to make Project M, brawl Minus, Mario Kart Wii texture hacks, and even get a second server running to counteract the wifi shutdowns. So yeah Wii was far already off. Now Wii U, PS4, Xbone are very secure consoles, their newest ones, with rules and such. I wouldn't think the team would get as much freedom if they tried to make another one.

Oh right are you so sure this mod won't take Sm4sh after a while in the tourneys like before, oh and you will say, hooray like before, you wouldn't even care if other people want Smash 4 at all, the fans? Don't use that as an excuse. Cause people don't want to dip their toes in different waters, just play it like PM.

If I was sure PM for Wii U was going to play differently than PM brawl than maybe in the slightest chance I would give it an ok. But I still think of mods as a slap to the face to Sakurai, just people who don't want the change. Yeah it may play a little similar to brawl, but has a lot of different mechanics that have a high chances for it to be uncomfortable for PM players. They won't adapt just make more mods

Smash 5, Smash 6, Smash 7? Let's face it, the communities are forever split. So PM, 3, 4, 5? All taking the tourneys, no new mechanics, no anything. Just same old same old. No changing Smash games taking the lead. (Again, I am saying same old not because PM's similarity to melee but every future edition being a clone of PM) worst part is that people would be ok with that.

You nor anyone else can say they would add mechanics to PM because that would be too risky to the community, a lot of hate.

Again using this as a scenario, I'm sure this won't happen,...or would it.

josh bones

Smash Lord
People are acting like project m murdered their famly. If you don't like it, don't play it. And I want my smash 4 minus dammit. So can you stop talking like mods are the devil?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Mods, yes. PM2, yes. All immediate and supplanting Smashthrough, no. Seeing as Sakurai has expressed interest in balance patches, I hope Smashthrough just becomes the new standard. And if it doesn't, well, everyone is entitled to bring out their Gamecube or Wii and play the game of their choice.

Last edited:

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
1st off: I don't think of PM as a melee clone, it advances on Melee's short comings. I stated that Project M 2.0 for Smash 4 would be a PM clone.

2nd off: That was Wii, a very unsecured system, no rules like how the online was run like in brawl. So they could make a mod no problem like they did with Homebrew to make Project M, brawl Minus, Mario Kart Wii texture hacks, and even get a second server running to counteract the wifi shutdowns. So yeah Wii was far already off. Now Wii U, PS4, Xbone are very secure consoles, their newest ones, with rules and such. I wouldn't think the team would get as much freedom if they tried to make another one.

Oh right are you so sure this mod won't take Sm4sh after a while in the tourneys like before, oh and you will say, hooray like before, you wouldn't even care if other people want Smash 4 at all, the fans? Don't use that as an excuse. Cause people don't want to dip their toes in different waters, just play it like PM.

If I was sure PM for Wii U was going to play differently than PM brawl than maybe in the slightest chance I would give it an ok. But I still think of mods as a slap to the face to Sakurai, just people who don't want the change. Yeah it may play a little similar to brawl, but has a lot of different mechanics that have a high chances for it to be uncomfortable for PM players. They won't adapt just make more mods

Smash 5, Smash 6, Smash 7? Let's face it, the communities are forever split. So PM, 3, 4, 5? All taking the tourneys, no new mechanics, no anything. Just same old same old. No changing Smash games taking the lead. (Again, I am saying same old not because PM's similarity to melee but every future edition being a clone of PM) worst part is that people would be ok with that.

You nor anyone else can say they would add mechanics to PM because that would be too risky to the community, a lot of hate.

Again using this as a scenario, I'm sure this won't happen,...or would it.
Oh poor Sakurai, whatever will he do swimming in his pool full of cash. I don't see how PM is a slap in the face, and I don't see why anyone should care if it is. If he made an enjoyable video game it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

The fact that a mod might potentially overtake Smash 4 in popularity as far as tournaments are concerned is a **** reason to be against someone making a mod.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Oh poor Sakurai, whatever will he do swimming in his pool full of cash. I don't see how PM is a slap in the face, and I don't see why anyone should care if it is. If he made an enjoyable video game it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

The fact that a mod might potentially overtake Smash 4 in popularity as far as tournaments are concerned is a **** reason to be against someone making a mod.
That's why it's called it a scenario, it may happen or not, no need to even swear over a scenario that is hypothetical. That's why I gave other reasons. Stop trying pin-point my comment to 1 subject. And I made multiple comments.

If you don't see how a mod of your own work is a slap in the face, why even bother explaining further.

Your wording in that sentence states that Sakurai never made an "enjoyable game" to begin with, I don't even.. :urg:

Enjoyable is very debatable, Melee was enjoyable, Brawl was enjoyable, Smash 4 will be enjoyable. But the real problem is that it won't be enjoyable for everyone in every single group, thus splitting the community. You make it sound like catering a game to everyone's liking so there won't be any problems what so ever is sooo easy? How about you try to lay some things down. Maybe take Sakurai's place and bring all 3 communities together in one single game. Oh right, you can't nor anyone else. You know how much pressure is on him?

Deal with the pressure, or just go your own way and try to listen to some parts of competitive sense. Putting it simply.

Well, I'm done. Maybe some POTD can get this salt off me. Geez...

Senario

Smash Ace
That's why it's called it a scenario, it may happen or not, no need to even swear over a scenario that is hypothetical. That's why I gave other reasons. Stop trying pin-point my comment to 1 subject. And I made multiple comments.

If you don't see how a mod of your own work is a slap in the face, why even bother explaining further.

Your wording in that sentence states that Sakurai never made an "enjoyable game" to begin with, I don't even.. :urg:

Enjoyable is very debatable, Melee was enjoyable, Brawl was enjoyable, Smash 4 will be enjoyable. But the real problem is that it won't be enjoyable for everyone in every single group, thus splitting the community. You make it sound like catering a game to everyone's liking so there won't be any problems what so ever is sooo easy? How about you try to lay some things down. Maybe take Sakurai's place and bring all 3 communities together in one single game. Oh right, you can't nor anyone else. You know how much pressure is on him?

Deal with the pressure, or just go your own way and try to listen to some parts of competitive sense. Putting it simply.

Well, I'm done. Maybe some POTD can get this salt off me. Geez...
You know he has a point, if the game properly supported competitive play then there won't be a need for project M 2 or whatever. People would ask "Why play a mod of something when the base game is good for competitive?" that is why people don't mod Melee unless it is to improve their skills on the base game like in the 20XX mod. They don't change any balance they just allow you to have a kind of space with which to practice your game and see what you do wrong.

Project M happened because enough people were dissatisfied with the lack of competitive experience that was in previous smash games. And considering the scene is growing it'll happen again if Smash 4 does the same.

All I really see is a "woe is sakurai he has it so hard" well maybe if he had common sense like 1) Letting other people do some of his work because he has hand/arm problems. And 2) Make games like he used to where both competitive and casual aspects were embraced. It isn't that hard since those two aren't against each other. casual/party aspects are covered by stage hazards and items, competitive is deeper mechanics which nobody would bother taking note of. Also, not only do you not have to play a mod but you have to look at the reasons why it happened in the first place.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
You know he has a point, if the game properly supported competitive play then there won't be a need for project M 2 or whatever. People would ask "Why play a mod of something when the base game is good for competitive?" that is why people don't mod Melee unless it is to improve their skills on the base game like in the 20XX mod. They don't change any balance they just allow you to have a kind of space with which to practice your game and see what you do wrong.

Project M happened because enough people were dissatisfied with the lack of competitive experience that was in previous smash games. And considering the scene is growing it'll happen again if Smash 4 does the same.

All I really see is a "woe is sakurai he has it so hard" well maybe if he had common sense like 1) Letting other people do some of his work because he has hand/arm problems. And 2) Make games like he used to where both competitive and casual aspects were embraced. It isn't that hard since those two aren't against each other. casual/party aspects are covered by stage hazards and items, competitive is deeper mechanics which nobody would bother taking note of. Also, not only do you not have to play a mod but you have to look at the reasons why it happened in the first place.
...I see the point your trying to make, but I don't see making that criteria a reality being so easy. Especially in this new generation.

I respect PM advancing Melee's lower points to extents. But I don't want the same exact PM happening to Smash 4, meaning taking out every new mechanic and just coating it with the same things as before. And so on with Smash 5, 6, 7, etc.

I'm not writing another wall-of-text to any replies saying "Oh but you don't HAAAVE to play it", anymore, that's why this poll is here, that's why comments are made for criticism, if it was always that simple the world would have peace and so on. Just like my stance on "You don't have to watch it if you don't like it" on youtube . Explained it many times before. I'm out. :glare:

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure it'd be years before we'd even see a Project M U because we'd be cracking file formats and whatnot from scratch. Pretty sure Sm4sh will be off the tourney list by then. Unless of course, it becomes a hit like Melee does, which by all means I pray it is.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm hating it already. Please don't touch Smash 4 with that impurity. Granted, replay and camera hax are probably more desirable, but at least don't touch the gameplay. For me, I'm not gonna do any hax due to warranties and all, plus I don't hack anyways. Thing is I'm gonna be furious if they start screwing up gameplay, moves, or anything that changes the characters.
Seriously, why can't they just accept the game for what it is? Granted, they hacked Brawl lots with a different version of it to make it like Melee, but I'm afraid that Smash 4 will be tainted with this impure stuff very early, making things less enjoyable.

All in all, I just don't want hacks to touch Smash 4 (though it'll probably happen soon) at all.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Honestly, the problem was that the op put project m, instead of mod's in general. Nobody would rage at another brawl minus type mod. Also PM2 has a 0% chance of happening.

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
I'm hating it already. Please don't touch Smash 4 with that impurity. Granted, replay and camera hax are probably more desirable, but at least don't touch the gameplay. For me, I'm not gonna do any hax due to warranties and all, plus I don't hack anyways. Thing is I'm gonna be furious if they start screwing up gameplay, moves, or anything that changes the characters.
Seriously, why can't they just accept the game for what it is? Granted, they hacked Brawl lots with a different version of it to make it like Melee, but I'm afraid that Smash 4 will be tainted with this impure stuff very early, making things less enjoyable.

All in all, I just don't want hacks to touch Smash 4 (though it'll probably happen soon) at all.
Tainted? Impure? Was PM created by the devil or something? Did it kill your family?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Tainted? Impure? Was PM created by the devil or something? Did it kill your family?
I already am likely to regret replying to this...
I'm referring to the fact that P:M was likely created due to ppl hating how Brawl was and generally played, along with the imbalance and of course, random tripping. Granted, the only thing I really hated was random tripping and imbalance (looking at MK here), but there's no reason to hack and change a game just because it doesn't meet a person's expectations. And don't get me started about how it seems to be similar to Melee. I'm aware that game is popular and all, but they shouldn't hack Brawl (or Smash 4 if they're thinking about it in the future) to make it play similar to it just because they hate how it plays.
Unfortunately I'm fearing this will also be the fate of Smash 4 earlier than we think, and I know many don't like how it looks already despite it not even being finalized yet.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
but there's no reason to hack and change a game just because it doesn't meet a person's expectations.
Then what reason is there to hack and change a game? Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2 both started as mods. People mod games like Skyrim to hell and back just to get more out of their video games. If you don't need a mod to enjoy a video game then that's just your opinion. But opinions are just that, opinions. Brawl didn't meet their expectation so they messed with it until it did. Nothing is wrong with that.

And don't get me started about how it seems to be similar to Melee.
You've already started so please, do go on. This should be fun.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Pretty sure it'd be years before we'd even see a Project M U because we'd be cracking file formats and whatnot from scratch. Pretty sure Sm4sh will be off the tourney list by then. Unless of course, it becomes a hit like Melee does, which by all means I pray it is.
i think it will at least stick around a lot longer than brawl as it seems there are quite a few people wanting to get into the scene and smash 4 will be the game they start with in that regard. Also it seems to have fixed quite a few of the problems brawl had so there is that too. I will repet what i posted early in the thread I dont mind mods so long as they are not made trying to kill off the game they are made from which pm does not. I just want smash 4 to have some presence at tournaments so I can finally play something new after a decade lol

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
the thing is, the wii u is being modded through the wii u browser. this is something that should be easy to fix on nintendo's part and i dont think this hack will survive the next update

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Shout out to myself for making a thread like this a couple of months ago!!

I'd be fine with a PM 2.0, maybe not right away as I don't want it to detract from Smash 4, but PM is a great mod. I'd love to see another one in the works at some point

warionumbah2

Smash Master
if the game blows then mod away.

but if its good then i see no reason why it should be modded.

note: wii u just had another update today. Maybe nintendo is taking action since this one video has gone viral over the internet.

Last edited:

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Suckerai has proven he only knows how to please the casual consumer i'll glad take a new mod from the based PMBR.
You sound so negative about this that it sounds like you don't even want this game. Why are you on here if you are just going to complain?

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Because people don't believe in sakurai and people have the rignt not to trust him or his subtractive game design style.
Are you actually getting the game or are you just here to complain about it?

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Why would i not buy the only smash with decent netcode? May buy it used depending if it is good or not.
Can't help be negative from a dude who added tripping.
Agreed. I'm guessing you like melee and project m more than brawl? And if so can you explain why? (Not bashing you just want to know your personal view)

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I am giving Smash 4 a chance.

I have high hopes for Smash 4.

I don't want Smash 4 to reach the point of needing a physics overhaul.

If it does, well... I guess try again next time Sakurai.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm all for mods that enhance the game, but I can't help but take issue with the concept of mods like Project M that effectively replace the base game in the competitive scene. Project M itself was definitely fun, though, and I can't blame people for wanting a take on the game that restored the more competitive mechanics of Melee. I just hope Smash 4 holds up as both a casual game and a competitive game without anyone feeling as though a Project M 2.0 is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom