• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit trainer needs a serious buff.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Lol. I'm sure they tested her, just not with a competitive goal in mind. Just to make sure she doesn't glitch through the stage and stuff.
Oh yeah....but they sure as hell didnt look to see if she could hit for ****. or grab anyone shorter than mario, or healing that sucked compared to all other healing moves...why can Ness and Robin heal for 10s and 20s when she gets sutpid 1s and 2s

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Well we don't have to work for our heals since it's just throwing projectile instead of timing a projectile to hit us or a low range command grab it's high risk, high rewards unlike us.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Thanks dude we just need more serious reps so that we could grow large i feel like we are pretty behind compare to other threads.
We are, but it tends to come with being a new character that hasn't been explored much.

Jab to Usmash depends on the pop out btw like you suspected. Even taller character who can get hit while grounded still receive a knockback reduction from being grounded. So using it as a kill move depends on how well you can predict a players mash.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The heal isn't something that would require testing. They would just type in those values lol.
still with how negligble the buffs are... well not bad but the healing should be drastically increased due to how little you can actually spam it

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
You're probably right, but sakurai and the team's approach to changing the game so far has just been to nerf almost every aspect of every character they touch. The last thing they changed to wii fit trainer was to almost double the airdodge landing lag from 12 frames to 22 frames, and most importantly the foot hitbox on the fair is no longer unshieldable (an as a c fal main, an unblockable fair sounds great! ;) .... so no, we as a community probably don't want anymore patches to the game, except maybe the part where if you're at least some, possibly all (not sure really) characters jump near the very edge of the stage it takes away a jump, which limits your ability to pursue an off stage character. Honestly, we're better off without them mucking up the game anymore than they already have.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I just....I feel like so many problems WFt has are problems ONLY she has. and that...is bad. which is even worse due to the rolling mechanic in this game. I do think WFT as how she works would bee utterly fantastic in Project M which is why I one day hope we get a mod of this game akin to project m.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
I actually think that is a bad way to look at it also rolling isn't that bad it's still really punishable all you have to do is read it and catch them with a pivot grab or a Ftilt. Also yea she has problems but they are not huge that you can't work with yea she has bad range but throw projectiles to force their approach towards you.The only fix that i want is that her N-air actually match her hitbox thats all i have to complain about.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I actually think that is a bad way to look at it also rolling isn't that bad it's still really punishable all you have to do is read it and catch them with a pivot grab or a Ftilt. Also yea she has problems but they are not huge that you can't work with yea she has bad range but throw projectiles to force their approach towards you.The only fix that i want is that her N-air actually match her hitbox thats all i have to complain about.
I disagree I think her smash have too much lag for their power and range.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
I disagree I think her smash have too much lag for their power and range.
The power is amazing also yes her range is piss poor that's why you either use stutter step Fsmash to increase the range and who do you know has a guarantee kill set up out of usmash or any other smash? Actually second of all i feel like she really shine's at edgeguarding other than killing.

Last edited:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Punishing rolls is admittedly harder than the previous smash games, but still pretty easy. When I play less experienced smash players, I often can read their rolls ahead of time from fullscreen when dashing toward them.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The power is amazing also yes her range is piss poor that's why you either use stutter step Fsmash to increase the range and who do you know has a guarantee kill set up out of usmash or any other smash?
kill set? I remember stutterstep but I still think it needs just a tad more range...cause cant ANY character do a stutter f smash? I can't remember....

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
o
The power is amazing also yes her range is piss poor that's why you either use stutter step Fsmash to increase the range and who do you know has a guarantee kill set up out of usmash or any other smash? Actually second of all i feel like she really shine's at edgeguarding other than killing.
h hell yeah her edgeguarding is really good Ill agree there.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Anyone can.
and thats why its bullcrrap they all still have better range and less lag...I think even Bowser or some slower character has less lag....I need to check though.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I just....I feel like so many problems WFt has are problems ONLY she has. and that...is bad. which is even worse due to the rolling mechanic in this game. I do think WFT as how she works would bee utterly fantastic in Project M which is why I one day hope we get a mod of this game akin to project m.
They're not. WFT's problems are really common for her character type. If anything it's characters like Diddy that are abnormal and if the last patch is any evidence: He's gonna get bodied next patch. (RIP Little Mac's recovery).

I personally don't think any of her weaknesses prevent her from being competitively viable since she's got plenty of tools to cover them. I guarantee her final tier placement is going to be relatively high.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
They're not. WFT's problems are really common for her character type. If anything it's characters like Diddy that are abnormal and if the last patch is any evidence: He's gonna get bodied next patch. (RIP Little Mac's recovery).

I personally don't think any of her weaknesses prevent her from being competitively viable since she's got plenty of tools to cover them. I guarantee her final tier placement is going to be relatively high.
I hope so I love her to death, shes so quirky and funny...btw can we exchange NNIDs....you too Crisppy you two seem better than me at WFT

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Sure man just keep trying you will get the groove against each match up. It's greyfox727

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Sure man just keep trying you will get the groove against each match up. It's greyfox727
ranom tangent here...but I hate dealing with villager....why does the tree have knockback On GROWING. its already a wall and sever kncokback on being cut...ugh thats just me venting though, just fought one irritating *******.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Instead of bothering to rush him when he is watering the tree, you could look it as an opportunity to pop deep breathing. Depends on what your stage positioning is at the time though.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Instead of bothering to rush him when he is watering the tree, you could look it as an opportunity to pop deep breathing. Depends on what your stage positioning is at the time though.
I feel like the villager could lose the range on his pocket, make it more strict. that or nerf the **** out of his recovery.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I'll drop it as soon as I get another WiiU.

Villager fights get super fun once you get the hang of it. If you're dashing in always remember to be Foxtrotting so you can do things like rolling forward and backwards without stopping momentum.

I've also been looking for a time to talk about WFT neat sliding dash-stop mechanic. I haven't seen any other characters that have it yet.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The key is to simply not throw salutations from long ranges. Alternatively, you can bait out pocket by charging SS, then cancel it into a shield -> dash attack/dash grab. There are many mix-ups for dealing with pocket.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I'll drop it as soon as I get another WiiU.

Villager fights get super fun once you get the hang of it. If you're dashing in always remember to be Foxtrotting so you can do things like rolling forward and backwards without stopping momentum.

I've also been looking for a time to talk about WFT neat sliding dash-stop mechanic. I haven't seen any other characters that have it yet.
whats that...

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The key is to simply not throw salutations from long ranges. Alternatively, you can bait out pocket by charging SS, then cancel it into a shield -> dash attack/dash grab. There are many mix-ups for dealing with pocket.
yeah...I just wish my dash attack didnt have such lag...maybe thats just me though. I try to read but some rolls end so fast that I'd have to practically have Shulk's vision to properly punish them.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The key to punishing the less laggy rolls is to start dashing when the roll would have to start. If the opponent does actually roll, you will catch them every time. If they don't roll, you can do something else. Basically, you have to be "scouting" rolls the entire match if you want to become consistent at punishing them.

Once you get used to the timing, it's actually surprisingly easy. I've probably punished rolls about twice as often as I've punished whiffed attacks or even gotten shield grabs. :demon:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The key to punishing the less laggy rolls is to start dashing when the roll would have to start. If the opponent does actually roll, you will catch them every time. If they don't roll, you can do something else. Basically, you have to be "scouting" rolls the entire match if you want to become consistent at punishing them.

Once you get used to the timing, it's actually surprisingly easy. I've probably punished rolls about twice as often as I've punished whiffed attacks or even gotten shield grabs. :demon:
I need help on Kirby now specfiically...is there anyway to stop that stupid forward smash and forward air...cause like half m attacks just go over himv and grabbing is out of the question. WFT vs Kirby is my support that the developers did not test her against certain characters.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
whats that...
Foxtrotting

This is amazing for WFT btw and addled with her dash dance is the easiest way to land her fsmashes outside of landing traps and hard punishes.

Her sliding thing I haven't named yet, but it's pretty much using the period after stopping a dash that still registers as dashing for a few frames. It lets you delay your dash option in order to react to a player.

Ex: You dash in on Peach and stop, she starts up an instant float fair, you see it and input a pivot grab sending you sliding behind Peach for a grab.

It's pretty neat.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I think f-tilt/f-smash can just stuff Kirby's fair cleanly, or at least trade with it.

On the ground, you can shield Kirby's f-smash and running u-smash out of shield I think. Not sure on that though.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I think f-tilt/f-smash can just stuff Kirby's fair cleanly, or at least trade with it.

On the ground, you can shield Kirby's f-smash and running u-smash out of shield I think. Not sure on that though.
ok this is NOT working..

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

I sheild his smashes and all it did was ppush......omg and I just got wrecked by game and watch...goddami sakurai id you even try?! I just..you cant punish anything with her. her grab has horrible lag so I cant punish ANY dash attaks

⑨ball

Smash Ace
How are you getting hit by these? Setups or just random usage? If you can upload a video we can give you some critique.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
How are you getting hit by these? Setups or just random usage? If you can upload a video we can give you some critique.
I dont how to upload this. I just cant do anything...just random usage. how do you even upload these? what do you?he just runs in and dask attacks and I try and grab out of shield and oh he cand just down smash BEFORE my grab.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You might be misjudging when you can act out of shield. Just so you know, you can drop your shield and do any move pretty much instantly after your shield connects with a hitbox.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You might be misjudging when you can act out of shield. Just so you know, you can drop your shield and do any move pretty much instantly after your shield connects with a hitbox.
maybe....its mostly irriatating that almost every ****ing person online is the biggest greifing **** on the planet.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I have face in a row 7 captain falcon assholes...the guys who just dash grab and just....I need a training partner.

tofumon

Smash Rookie
Yeah I agree she's hard to use cause her range is crap. I think her up smash's hitbox especially needs widening. You have to play a lot differently with WFT because you can't rely on f.tilts for spacing and her two best moves for setting up combos (up tilt and nair) are super hard to hit with accurately.

OP you have a killer avatar btw.

Top Bottom