• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiFight Club - Congratulations to Catana for winning the tourney and destroying everyone

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
It shall be glorious. We'll be up against team Gimpyfish62 and Bladewise most likely.
Alright, I'm gonna show up Monday April 6th there for the SmashFest friendlies that they hold from 3pm to 10pm, to see what it's all about and stuff.
If you can go to that, we can meet up then and do some friendlies together before the big monthly tourney.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Alright, I'm gonna show up Monday April 6th there for the SmashFest friendlies that they hold from 3pm to 10pm, to see what it's all about and stuff.
If you can go to that, we can meet up then and do some friendlies together before the big monthly tourney.
The Smashfests I don't attend often because the drive is like 90 mins, plus I start another semester of college that day. That shouldn't stop you from going though. Give you a feel for the tourney setting.

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
The Smashfests I don't attend often because the drive is like 90 mins, plus I start another semester of college that day. That shouldn't stop you from going though. Give you a feel for the tourney setting.
Well, that was a thing.
There were two pretty good Nesses there (Celestial and, uh... whasshisface...), a Captain Falcon (same whasshisface,), a Diddy (X, who apparently is on smashboards?... He played a Link ditto with me first and asked about bombsliding before switching to Diddy), and a jovial Meta Knight / Dr Mario player (Beardbot) who was pretty funny.
Hell of a lot of fun.
I actually did really well.
It's unfortunate that none of it was streamed, probably because it was being overshadowed by a PM tourney, but oh well.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Well, that was a thing.
There were two pretty good Nesses there (Celestial and, uh... whasshisface...), a Captain Falcon (same whasshisface,), a Diddy (X, who apparently is on smashboards?... He played a Link ditto with me first and asked about bombsliding before switching to Diddy), and a jovial Meta Knight / Dr Mario player (Beardbot) who was pretty funny.
Hell of a lot of fun.
I actually did really well.
It's unfortunate that none of it was streamed, probably because it was being overshadowed by a PM tourney, but oh well.
Yea, I saw some of the PM stream, just finished watching Grand Finals.
Awesome that you had a fun time. Going to Gameclucks is always fun.
Now we need to think of a team name that will strike fear in the hearts of our foes when they realize they face us. How does Team "Fluffy Bunnies" sound?

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Yea, I saw some of the PM stream, just finished watching Grand Finals.
Awesome that you had a fun time. Going to Gameclucks is always fun.
Now we need to think of a team name that will strike fear in the hearts of our foes when they realize they face us. How does Team "Fluffy Bunnies" sound?
I'm assuming this is our mascot, then?:

EDIT:
Nevermind, this is our mascot:

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok I've talked to Elessar about it and we see no reason why you can't organise your own wifi tournament from within this thread. CostLow hasn't been online for just over a month, but it's still not nearly long enough to abandon the great work he's done here and move to another thread. What exactly did you need him for other than recording the results in the OP? The plan is that someone who knows what they're doing will step up and organise this next tournament from within this thread and then when you have the results, post them and tag me so that I can edit them into the OP.

GerMoj

Smash Cadet
NNID
GerMoj
3DS FC
2595-0240-5750
Hi, Heroes of Time, Fierce Deities, Shadow Links and more Heroes over there, I'm GerMoj and I'm happy to become part of the community. Hope to have a great time with you guys :)
  • NNID : GerMoj
  • 3DS friend code : 2595-0240-5750
  • Link skin : Fierce Diety, Hero of Time, Shadow Link
  • Other characters Serious::4marth::4lucina::4pikachu::4sheik: / Casual::4lucario::4mewtwo::4littlemac::4charizard::4ness:
  • Game times Mon, Wed, Fri 22:00 Onward / Tue. Thu, Mostly all day / Sat 20:00 onward (mostly) / Sun: 20:00-22:00
  • Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChjAm7K2pJyUui2jHuMax1A (Mostly Pokémon Online Battles)
  • Claim to fame : Using Link back from N64. Placed Second on my first Tour at my University (obviously with Link)

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Name : Smokebomb12
NNID : SmokebombX13
3DS friend code : 5198-3160-1382
Link skin : Default, Zora, Skyloft
Other characters, Competitive: :4ness::4pit::4feroy::4shulk::4zss::4robinm::4villager:/ Casual: :4darkpit::4fox::4littlemac::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4mii::4ryu::4sonic::4tlink::4yoshi:

Available: (School days) Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Email :
Smokebomb02@yahoo.com
Tournament results : 1st tournament (4th place of 30) 2nd tournament (5th place of 64)

:link:

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
Ok I've talked to Elessar about it and we see no reason why you can't organise your own wifi tournament from within this thread. CostLow hasn't been online for just over a month, but it's still not nearly long enough to abandon the great work he's done here and move to another thread. What exactly did you need him for other than recording the results in the OP? The plan is that someone who knows what they're doing will step up and organise this next tournament from within this thread and then when you have the results, post them and tag me so that I can edit them into the OP.
Can you and Elessar organize a tournament in the next few days / weeks to come, i was really hopping we get this started, I can help in any way if you need me to, but Im new and not good at organizing my own tournaments, actually havent done my first one yet.

Thanks @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Can you and Elessar organize a tournament in the next few days / weeks to come, i was really hopping we get this started, I can help in any way if you need me to, but Im new and not good at organizing my own tournaments, actually havent done my first one yet.

Thanks @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive
I am way too busy to be organising online tournaments which I wouldn't even be able to participate in. If you guys want a tourney, a special someone (-else) will have to step up and get it happening.
@ Lawz. Lawz. So how about it buddy?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I am way too busy to be organising online tournaments which I wouldn't even be able to participate in. If you guys want a tourney, a special someone (-else) will have to step up and get it happening.
@ Lawz. Lawz. So how about it buddy?
Make a tournament? Online tournament? Link tournament?
Do mods have to be the only one to make it?

Last edited:

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
Make a tournament? Online tournament? Link tournament?
Do mods have to be the only one to make it?

I think he already answered that question right here:

So yeah @ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 you can organize your own tournament and im sure we will all support it, ill be the first one :)

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I'm at school and don't always have access to the internet. If you guys really want to do this I'm sure I could still do my best.

Whoever is interested please post and let me know, I will create a Challonge bracket and add your name to it.

There is no selected stage list in the OP, any discussion on what is preferred would help. Otherwise I'll just do the current trend and have the 5 starters (BF/MV, SV, T&C, Dreamland and FD) with counter pick stages (Castle Siege, Duck Hunt, Lylat, Delfino, Halberd). Or we can do 3 starters and have Dreamland, T&C and MiiVerse as counterpicks as well.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
So. I've been told that you guys are still looking for me to come back and keep this thread from completely fading into obscurity. Here's the thing. Since the last time I was on this forum my wife has given birth to twins, I have moved from Germany to Georgia, and lost my 3ds (don't have a wii u yet). Basically, what I'm saying is that life is doing its best to stay in the way. I would love to say that I can come back full force "now that I'm back" but I'm not sure if I can. Honestly, at this point, I feel like the Wii U tournaments would probably be easier to setup on a Wii U. Is this true? If so, I really won't have much luck setting that up. If the way I did it before is preferable then I could certainly give it a shot. The twins keep me VERY busy these days so I may not be right on time with things, but I can sure try. If it gets to be too much for me then definitely push me aside and let someone else take a shot at this thing. I won't be offended if a new thread is made or if someone takes over this one. I really just wanted to try and bring something good to this awesome forum.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So. I've been told that you guys are still looking for me to come back and keep this thread from completely fading into obscurity. Here's the thing. Since the last time I was on this forum my wife has given birth to twins, I have moved from Germany to Georgia, and lost my 3ds (don't have a wii u yet). Basically, what I'm saying is that life is doing its best to stay in the way. I would love to say that I can come back full force "now that I'm back" but I'm not sure if I can. Honestly, at this point, I feel like the Wii U tournaments would probably be easier to setup on a Wii U. Is this true? If so, I really won't have much luck setting that up. If the way I did it before is preferable then I could certainly give it a shot. The twins keep me VERY busy these days so I may not be right on time with things, but I can sure try. If it gets to be too much for me then definitely push me aside and let someone else take a shot at this thing. I won't be offended if a new thread is made or if someone takes over this one. I really just wanted to try and bring something good to this awesome forum.
You sound plenty busy to me. I think that the best course of action at this point would be either to let @ Tshadow7 Tshadow7 take over the OP seeing as he has expressed interest in running the tournaments (with a note at the top giving you credit for the format and past tournaments etc) or if he so chooses (because he simply prefers it) he could make a new thread and start fresh. If he has the support of both you and Lawz via PM's and/or in-thread to get the first tournament running, I think we should be fine from there.
Let me know if you need the owner of the thread changed.

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
I have been speaking with @ Lawz. Lawz. And he is willing to make a new tournament and im willing to help him and / or you so we will just wait to hear from you, im the same as you CostLow in the sense I just want to keep going the amaxing hype and format you brought tonthis forum with this tournaments. What im trying to say is thst me and lawz can help you or if your too busy lawz can run the tournament and I can help either way were glad everything is going well with you in your marriage and life.

You sound plenty busy to me. I think that the best course of action at this point would be either to let @ Tshadow7 Tshadow7 take over the OP seeing as he has expressed interest in running the tournaments (with a note at the top giving you credit for the format and past tournaments etc) or if he so chooses (because he simply prefers it) he could make a new thread and start fresh. If he has the support of both you and Lawz via PM's and/or in-thread to get the first tournament running, I think we should be fine from there.
Let me know if you need the owner of the thread changed.
I think we can keep this thread open and like you said give the credit to @ CostLow CostLow with a note on the top or something.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Ok. Yeah, I really just don't see me being very reliable right now. Please feel free to take it over. Maybe I'll be able to come back as a contestant sometime. :) I pretty much spend most of my time lurking nowadays.

Is there anything you guys would need from me to make the transition easier for you? Oh, and you don't have to give me credit for anything. I actually kind of think it would just clutter up the thread, so just do what you need to make it work best for you and the community.

Last edited:

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
Ok. Yeah, I really just don't see me being very reliable right now. Please feel free to take it over. Maybe I'll be able to come back as a contestant sometime. :) I pretty much spend most of my time lurking nowadays.

Is there anything you guys would need from me to make the transition easier for you? Oh, and you don't have to give me credit for anything. I actually kind of think it would just clutter up the thread, so just do what you need to make it work best for you and the community.
In the name of the Link mains community we are greatful to you for your hard work and it's my honor to take over what you have build and hopefully we will have you back at least as a competitor.

I want to take this opportunity to summon all the link players of the Wi-Fight club so we can finish up some detail's before we start our new tournament.

Let's see who is going to be the true Hero of Time? Who will dare to challenge our Champion
@Goulmania

We also need to decide if we are going to have a sign up page or use this forum for those who wants to sign into the tournament

Secondly we need to discuss about the stage list I think we can start with the one from anthers ladder and upon suggestions we can change it up a bit

Anthers ladder starter stages are:

Final destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Town and City
Lylat system

Counterweight picks are:

Duck hunt
Castle siege
delfino
halberd
duck hunt
dreamland
Just for fun I'll add:
Legend of Zelda castle 64

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
In the name of the Link mains community we are greatful to you for your hard work and it's my honor to take over what you have build and hopefully we will have you back at least as a competitor.

We also need to decide if we are going to have a sign up page or use this forum for those who wants to sign into the tournament

What do you guys think?
Firstly, thank you for stepping forward and taking over this thread. It'd be nice to get another tourney going.
Secondly, I'd have signups start right now. Anything prior to this post being made is invalid because stuff has changed. Anyone who posts their info in this thread after this post is legible to join. I'd make the sign up cut off, say, a week from today, and then maybe have the tourney on Sunday or something. That gives people time decide if they'll play, and they do, they can arrange their schedule. How does that sound?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Firstly, thank you for stepping forward and taking over this thread. It'd be nice to get another tourney going.
Secondly, I'd have signups start right now. Anything prior to this post being made is invalid because stuff has changed. Anyone who posts their info in this thread after this post is legible to join. I'd make the sign up cut off, say, a week from today, and then maybe have the tourney on Sunday or something. That gives people time decide if they'll play, and they do, they can arrange their schedule. How does that sound?
Expect that I won't be able to join unless I say otherwise. I'm in a bit of a wifi drought again now that I'm back home, but the possibility to join is still there.

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
Good luck Tshadow7! It's really not too hard when you have the time for it.
Thank you, i might pm you once in a while whenever i need help :)

I like the idea, here is the sign up page the tournament which will start on the 7th of September , Monday of next week.

http://challonge.com/WiFight_2

I updated the ruleset on this thread let me know what you guys think

Expect that I won't be able to join unless I say otherwise. I'm in a bit of a wifi drought again now that I'm back home, but the possibility to join is still there.
Ohhh that's too bad hopefully your internet will get fixed by next week so u can join us if not Hope you can make it to the next one. Thanks for letting us know though.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Gonna join the list because I may join the next tournament.
NNID:Linkmario00
3DS:n/a
Link skin: SS Link
:4shulk::4myfriends::4metaknight:
Available: pretty much everyday from 14 to 15:30 and maybe from 6 to 7 PM. My time zone is +1
Skype:n/a for now, I think Im gonna make one in a few days.

Also I see that 64 Zelda Castle is a counterpick (not sure if it's a joke). Is it a problem if I didn't buy it?

Last edited:

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I may as well join too.
  • NNID: HylianHeros
  • 3DS friend code: 242327684585
  • Link skin: SS Link
  • Other characters: :4samus:
  • Game times: usually 4-9pm EST

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
Also I see that 64 Zelda Castle is a counterpick (not sure if it's a joke). Is it a problem if I didn't buy it?[/quote]

Thank you for pointing that out, I changed the rules and made is only as a Gentleman's rule (if both players agree on it then you can play on that stage and a few others)

Also I added all the new Link players to the roster :D

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I don't know if i would be able to participate, enterily because today i have a job interview... if i get a job, plus my job as a teacher, i wouldn't have time to play...

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
I don't know if i would be able to participate, enterily because today i have a job interview... if i get a job, plus my job as a teacher, i wouldn't have time to play...
Well lives comes first, I totally understand, Good luck on your interview, Hope you get the second job, Im also a teacher myself =)

Maybe we can play some wifi friendlies before you cant play anymore if thats ok with you

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
Everyone Link Mains only 2 more days to go for the tourney, Sign up :D we are waiting for you.

Im going :p

Btw is there a prize?
Just wondering

Im glad your joining us :D

Sadly I didnt think about a prize since the first one I dont believe we have one, but ill try to find something or if we get a donation from any of the Link mains out there Ill surely let you guys know, but for now there is no prize just the bragging rights :D

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I want to participate:
  • NNID: DrigoToesSato
  • 3DS friend code: --
  • Link skin: Standar, Blue
  • Other characters: --
  • Game times: Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 to 18:00 (UCT-3)
  • Youtube: DrigoToes
  • Other site(s): --
  • Claim to fame: Best Chilean Link, #BairtoUpB

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
I want to participate:
  • NNID: DrigoToesSato
  • 3DS friend code: --
  • Link skin: Standar, Blue
  • Other characters: --
  • Game times: Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 to 18:00 (UCT-3)
  • Youtube: DrigoToes
  • Other site(s): --
  • Claim to fame: Best Chilean Link, #BairtoUpB
Welcome to the WiFight Club,
Perfect just go into this registration website and register to participate :D

http://challonge.com/WiFight_2

Edit: Drigo Toes I added you to the Link Player roster :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom