• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Team Help.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I have been trying to on wifi but I feel uneasy about my team and feel that either their moves or the pokemon need to be changed. I have tried to find other options but I am at the end of my rope, can someone please give me some assistance?

My team is:

Empoleon-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
EVs-6 Hp/126 Sp. Att/126 Sp. Def/252 Def
Moveset:
Surf
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Protect

Vespiquen-Leftovers
Nature-Impish
EVs-6 Hp/252 Def/252 Sp. Def
Moveset:
Attack Order
Defend Order
Roost
Confuse Ray

Dusknoir-Leftovers
Nature-Calm
EVs-6 Att/252 Def/252 Sp. Def
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Fire Punch

Alakazam-Salac Berry
Nature-Modest
EVs-6 Hp/252 Sp. Att/252 Spd
Moveset:
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Substitute

Electivire-Focus Sash
Nature-Jolly
EVs-6 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Protect
Ice Punch

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Alakazams and Garchomps shouldn't know substitute, in my opinion. I'd say replace Alakazam's Substitute with either Energy Ball or Focus Blast, and Garchomp's should be replaced by Fire Fang (which is a pain to learn) or Brick Break for those annoying Ice-Type Pokemon. I hope these suggestions help you!

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
True but I'll probably never get the chance to use Calm Mind or Swords Dance without interruptions if get rid of substitute.

At best Alakazam's moveset could be:
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Substitute

With the held item Petaya Berry.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
In case you didn't get the memo, Garchomp is banned from standard OU competitive play. Protect is lame unless used to stall with toxic etc. Also, EVs should be distributed in HP first before any other defense stat. I don't know what else to say because I suck at rating.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I'm sorry, but I stopped reading this team as soon as I saw Vespiquen. Useless bump. Change her and I'll rate the whole team and give you a 6th Pokemon.

heytallman

CTALL
Electivire-Focus Sash
Nature-Jolly
EVs-6 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Protect
Ice Punch
Hm...IMO, the purpose of Electivire is to switch in on an electric move and then outrun everything else that comes in. It shouldn't need the focus sash, since you will try to kill everything that comes against it, so I use an expert belt on mine. As for the nature, I prefer adamant for mine, after the speed boost it will outrun anything not wearing a choice scarf anyway. The EV spread is perfect, IMO. As for the moves, I bred mine to have cross chop, which I think is a better move than brick break (MOAR POWAH!!!), and I had EQ over protect. I don't really see why an Electivire would need protect. </2cents>

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Hm...IMO, the purpose of Electivire is to switch in on an electric move and then outrun everything else that comes in. It shouldn't need the focus sash, since you will try to kill everything that comes against it, so I use an expert belt on mine. As for the nature, I prefer adamant for mine, after the speed boost it will outrun anything not wearing a choice scarf anyway. The EV spread is perfect, IMO. As for the moves, I bred mine to have cross chop, which I think is a better move than brick break (MOAR POWAH!!!), and I had EQ over protect. I don't really see why an Electivire would need protect. </2cents>
Alright, so an expert belt for the focus sash and breed it for cross chop and get rid of brick break. I had Protect as a scoping move but earthquake is much better I guess, also the Jolly nature was just so that it could be more faster but attack is fine too.

So its moveset should be:

Electivire-Expert Belt
Nature-Adamant
EVs-6 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
Thunder Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Ice Punch

Looks more like a Life Orb set doesn't it?

heytallman

CTALL
Well my moveset is supereffective on A LOT of stuff, and it's not that bulky, so, IMO an expert belt would be better. Also, if you wanted to scope moves with protect, that's fine, and you don't have to pick up cross chop (brick break has a higher accuracy). I was just giving my opinion, in the end, you can do whatever you want with your Electivire/team.

Also, a good time to bring in electivire would probably be when your Empoleon is out and your opponent has a pokemon you know will have an electric type move. Then switch it in on the tbolt or whatever and destroy!

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Well my moveset is supereffective on A LOT of stuff, and it's not that bulky, so, IMO an expert belt would be better. Also, if you wanted to scope moves with protect, that's fine, and you don't have to pick up cross chop (brick break has a higher accuracy). I was just giving my opinion, in the end, you can do whatever you want with your Electivire/team.

Also, a good time to bring in electivire would probably be when your Empoleon is out and your opponent has a pokemon you know will have an electric type move. Then switch it in on the tbolt or whatever and destroy!
☼Thanks, will do!

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
Righto... every time i do this i get moaned at, but here goes -_-"

Hi guys, I have been trying to on wifi but I feel uneasy about my team and feel that either their moves or the pokemon need to be changed. I have tried to find other options but I am at the end of my rope, can someone please give me some assistance?

My team is:

Empoleon-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Moveset:
Surf
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Protect

To be perfectly honest, I dont use SR. If I were you, Ice beam would be the replacement. Protect is good considering the stalling thing you got going here. nothin else to say here

Vespiquen-Leftovers
Nature-Impish
Moveset:
Attack Order
Defend Order
Roost
Confuse Ray

Vespiquen is rubbish, I refuse to rate this piece of Cr*p.

Dusknoir-Leftovers
Nature-Calm
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Fire Punch

To be honest I would have only brought ONE wall in, Empoleon woulda done fine, but Dusknoirs can cover more with their movepool. Pain Split is an incredibly annoying move, but good. I tend not to use Will-o-Wisp because of its low accuracy and doesnt have as much of an effect as Toxic. Shadow sneak's kewl. Fire punch is good. If you replace Will-o-Wisp with Substitute, you can lower your health and make Pain Split more effective IMO.

Alakazam-Salac Berry
Nature-Modest
Moveset:
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Substitute

Nature's good, Item's good, EV spread seems alright. Moveset... pfft.. Get rid of Substitute, Energy Ball or even better Ice beam if it can be learned. Maybe once every so often you put Choice Specs on this thing? could be deadly.

Electivire-Focus Sash
Nature-Jolly
EVs-6 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Protect
Ice Punch

No need for the focus sash. Expert Belt or Life Orb, I doubt choice band. Good moveset, I like how you put Brick Break Over Cross Chop, very handy for stallers with protect and detect. Everything seems good here. Change the nature though.
Help in red :)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
My team is:

Empoleon-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Moveset:
Surf
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Protect

I don't think this guy is the best lead. He's going to have problems with most of them, taunt Azelf, Metagross, Yanmega, Tyranitar, etc. He's a fine pokemon but not in this position. Replace Protect with Ice Beam or Grass Knot you need some coverage over here.

Vespiquen-Leftovers
Nature-Impish
Moveset:
Attack Order/Toxic
Defend Order
Roost
Confuse Ray

There's nothing wrong with using Vespiquen despite what others have said. However she has a large stealth rock weaknesses so you really need to know how to play her. .You need to really know what your opponent can and cannot do since you'll be losing %50 everytime you come in. If you're just beginning I would not suggest using her. If you are using her replace attack order. Notice you don't have any attacking moves. See the problem here? Use Toxic instead and consider a screen over confuse ray. I would suggest defensive Zapdos in her place if you don't use her.

Dusknoir-Leftovers
Nature-Calm
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Fire Punch/Thunder Punch

You're in need of a nature change. Calm lessens your attack, if you still want to boost your special defense go with careful. Use Thunderpunch to deal with Gyarados.
Alakazam-Salac Berry
Nature-Modest
Moveset:
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Substitute

He's ok but I would place Gengar in his position. You don't have to completely "OU-ify" your team but you're really lacking in immunities and resist. Gengar will give you something to go to when they try to 'quake Empoleon or E-vire. Same EVs Shadow Ball/ Thunderbolt/HP Ice/ Hypnosis or Trick is you have Plat available.

Electivire-Focus Sash
Nature-Jolly
EVs-6 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Protect
Ice Punch

E-vire is not so frail that he needs a sash. Replace that with expert belt or life orb. Expert belt is best as you only have one pokemon immune to sandstorm, he's going to need his health and FS is liable to be ruined by SR since you lack a spinner. You are going to get way more mileage with a adamant nature 2HKO's Skarmory most times..
Try the team out, see what works for you, what doesn't and come back if you need more help.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Alright so my team should look like:

Empoleon-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Moveset:
Surf
Toxic
Ice Beam/Grass Knot
Protect

Changed Vesipquen for:
Mismagius-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Substitute

Dusknoir-Leftovers
Nature-Careful
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Thunder Punch

Electivire-Expert Belt
Nature-Adamant
EVs-6 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Protect
Ice Punch

I dropped Alakazam, so now I need a fifth and sixth pokemon. Any suggestions?

heytallman

CTALL
You might want something physically bulky, maybe a Swampert or a Skarmory. Swampert is just overall a very annoying Pokemon to fight, and can set up Stealth Rock and roar things away. Same thing with Skarm, except Skarmory can draw electric attacks, making it a good thing to bring in Electivire with.

Skarm set -
Impish @ leftovers
(I used) 252 HP/252 def/6 atk
Stealth Rock/Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost
Drill Peck/Brave Bird

Swampert -
Impish @ leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk
Earthquake
Waterfall
Stealth Rock
Roar

I would choose one of these. I like Skarmory better, personally, but you choose. Feel free to do whatever you want, this is YOUR team after all.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Empoleon's forte is not a being a lead>.>
Try using something like azelf/aerodactal/ infernape

0RLY

Wow guys, there were some seriously bad/opinionated rates here. When rating, try to keep the originality of the original set intact. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone...

Empoleon-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Moveset:
Surf
Toxic
Ice Beam/Grass Knot
Protect
Maybe I haven't played the game enough, but a LOT of leads are either Steel types, something that uses SR, or something that defeats the aforementioned two. Your set doesn't look like it beats any of those. Also, when making a defensive EV spread, prioritize in HP first as it will increase your overall defenses more than just investing in the individual defenses. 216 HP/defenses/some attack, would be preferred. As for the attacks, I would use Aqua Jet to catch Focus Sashers, Earthquake for Steels, Yawn to force switches, and a filler like Swords Dance. You could also try an Agility set to outrun suicide leads. The only priority move that'll take you down is Mach Punch, and that's pretty much only used on UU leads.
Changed Vesipquen for:
Mismagius-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Substitute

Dusknoir-Leftovers
Nature-Careful
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Thunder Punch
These two are almost EXACTLY ALIKE! More variation please. I would probably change mismagius to something else, or use a different moveset.
Electivire-Expert Belt
Nature-Adamant
EVs-6 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Protect
Ice Punch

I personally liked it when Electivire had a Focus Sash. That way, you could freely switch him into an Outraging Salamence and be able to punch it to death. Protect doesn't do much other than scout for Electivire. At least a defensive Pokemon can use it for leftovers recovery. I would put Flamethrower or Fire Punch there, whichever does more to the Steels you want to kill.

As for your last two slots, just aim for type diversity. If your Pokemon has a weakness, name a type that would beat it, the pokemon that can use those types of attacks, then pick a Pokemon based on what can beat those Pokemon.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Well, in my original team set I had Empoleon with Stealth Rock, Mismagius set will stay almost the same, Dusknoir can have Fire Punch instead of Thunderpunch, Electivire can have the Focus Sash again. My team is pretty much diverse in movesets at best, what do you mean by the similarity between Mismagius and Dusknoir?

heytallman

CTALL
Well, in my original team set I had Empoleon with Stealth Rock, Mismagius set will stay almost the same, Dusknoir can have Fire Punch instead of Thunderpunch, Electivire can have the Focus Sash again. My team is pretty much diverse in movesets at best, what do you mean by the similarity between Mismagius and Dusknoir?
When I read through oRLY's post, it seemed like things he was saying was wrong.

1) Mismagius and Dusknoir's movesets are fine, I didn't notice much "similarity" between them. I mean, for Christ's sake, one has physical attacks and the other has special attacks. How is that similar?

Your movesets for them are fine.

2) oRLY's advice about Electivire is, well, how should I put this......dumb. Having Electivire holding a focus sash just to switch in on stuff that would normally kill him kinda defeats the purpose of an E-vire, doesn't it? I always thought he was supposed to come in to take electric hits.

Also, you spoke of Salamence having outrage. This won't be TOO big of a problem until Platinum comes out in America. Right now, I would just be concerned of draco meteor, since outrage is platinum only (at least, I think it is).

My advice still stands, get something that is physically bulky, like a Skarmory, Forretress, or Swampert.

You don't have to do everything everyone tells you to do.

Niiro

Smash Ace

1) Mismagius and Dusknoir's movesets are fine, I didn't notice much "similarity" between them. I mean, for Christ's sake, one has physical attacks and the other has special attacks. How is that similar?
They are the same except one is physical and one is special. They both have the same role, which is walling the other team

2) oRLY's advice about Electivire is, well, how should I put this......dumb. Having Electivire holding a focus sash just to switch in on stuff that would normally kill him kinda defeats the purpose of an E-vire, doesn't it? I always thought he was supposed to come in to take electric hits.
The purpose of the focus sash would be allow Electivire to potentionally revenge kill another pokemon. You could also use it to potentionally be a +1 Speed and +1 Attack Electivire (meaning you switch into an electric move, kill him, in comes random poke, you setup with the completly broken MEDITATE as he attacks you, you hang on with focus sash, and next turn you pwn it. Focus Sash though imo works better on Weavile =3
Also, you spoke of Salamence having outrage. This won't be TOO big of a problem until Platinum comes out in America. Right now, I would just be concerned of draco meteor, since outrage is platinum only (at least, I think it is).
Comments in Bold lol

Empoleon-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Moveset:
Surf
Toxic
Ice Beam/Grass Knot
Protect

Changed Vesipquen for:
Mismagius-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Substitute

Dusknoir-Leftovers
Nature-Careful
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Thunder Punch

Electivire-Expert Belt
Nature-Adamant
EVs-6 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Protect
Ice Punch

Perhaps change for another lead that has taunt/ Stealth Rocks(I would use a Azelf/Infernape) and move Empoleon into a SubSweeper.
I would change Mismagius/Dusknoir in Shuckle, because he can be as Phyically bulky as Fortress and Specially Bulky as Cressie (not at the same time lol).
Consider adding a rapidspinner/ Cleric/ WishPasser
Drop Protect on Electivire add put in Fire Punch to kick those **** Scizors in the ***

Niiro

Smash Ace
Heh, alright. I just strongly dislike the idea of a focus sash on Electivire, that's all. Thanks for not COMPLETELY destroying my post lol
I no what you mean. I personally would not use Sash on Electirve but Im just thinking out loud the possibilities of using one. SR/Weather ruin it though >.> at least weavile is immune to hail

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Okay after much thought I thought of this:

Empoleon-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Moveset:
Surf
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Protect

Mismagius-Leftovers
Nature-Modest
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Substitute

Dusknoir-Leftovers
Nature-Careful
Moveset:
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Fire Punch

Electivire-Expert Belt
Nature-Adamant
EVs-6 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
Thunder Punch
Cross Chop
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

New Pokes:
Umbreon-Leftovers
Nature-Impish
252 HP Evs/6 Att Evs/252 Def Evs
Wish
Payback
Curse
Baton Pass

Infernape-Life Orb
Nature-Adamant/Jolly
6 Hp Evs/252 Att Evs/252 Spd Evs
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Thunder Punch
Earthquake

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Your team is good, I give it 7 out of 10
Infernape-Life Orb
Nature-Adamant/Jolly
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Thunder Punch
Earthquake

Nice moveset, his nature should be jolly or naïve; i'd give him naïve so that you have the option to give him some special attacks if you need/want a mixed sweeper.
Nah, I don't want to mix it up. I want it for pure physical combat and offense. Also, what is it missing for your to give it a 7 out of 10?

Niiro

Smash Ace
Infernape-Life Orb
Nature-Adamant/Jolly
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Thunder Punch
Earthquake
If you switch into SR, sandstorm is activated, you will die in around 3 turns using Flare Blitz, 4 turns for everything else. EQ does not really add to the coverage, except to a Heatproof Bronzong and other Fire Types. I would change to Stone Edge.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
you should really give your empoleon ice beam over toxic. and u should also give your confuse ray on vespiqueen up for a the lost toxic or give it attract. very annoying. also timid over modest for alakazam because u will just use salac berry that increases speed anyways. give it a focus sash and if u are going to use this team for battle tower give electrivire power orb and cross chop

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
If you switch into SR, sandstorm is activated, you will die in around 3 turns using Flare Blitz, 4 turns for everything else. EQ does not really add to the coverage, except to a Heatproof Bronzong and other Fire Types. I would change to Stone Edge.
☼Very true, because Electivire already has Earthquake so him having it too seems kinda pointless. I'll give Stone Edge a thought though.
you should really give your empoleon ice beam over toxic. and u should also give your confuse ray on vespiqueen up for a the lost toxic or give it attract. very annoying. also timid over modest for alakazam because u will just use salac berry that increases speed anyways. give it a focus sash and if u are going to use this team for battle tower give electrivire power orb and cross chop
☼My Empoleon is like a staller so having Ice Beam would make it lean more to sweeping instead. I changed Vespiquen and Alakazam to two other pokes, and I don't like Cross Chop's Accuracy.

0RLY

They're both bulky, get the same coverage, and attempt to set-up in order to do their job.

And if you never get the chance to switch into an electric hit? Focus Sash gives you the chance to beat DDmence after it has already taken out one of your pokes. I never said to switch into an attack, that's not what a "free switch" means.
I play shoddy. My knowledge takes it's stand from there.
My advice still stands, get something that is physically bulky, like a Skarmory, Forretress, or Swampert.

You don't have to do everything everyone tells you to do.
Over one of your existing bulky pokes, yes.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
yes outrage is platinum only unless battling a hacker. but most ddmenses dont have draco meteor because dd ups att and spd. it also doubles the power of a phisical attack for one turn. they would most likely have d claw over draco met

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I see now. Electivire would survive the asssault as well as kill the Salamence. I'll probably switch between the two items because I like both of their affects. Any other tips guys?

Top Bottom