• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi practicalities with Pit

kown

Smash Lord
I think it matters based on how good your connection is with your friend. but go ahead and post your diffuculties on wifi with pit.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Arrow control varies from match-to-match and can potentially mess you up in real life.
WingDashing is nearly impossible.
I'm having issues with PivotSliding online.

However on the plus side the Sliding Up-Smash ALWAYS connections on Wifi. lol

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Worst problem i ever have is miss timing low to ground aerials on the way down. Some times to early sometimes to late, either way leaves me open with the landing lag if i miss.

kupo15

Smash Hero
WingDashing is nearly impossible.
lol Im sorry but I have to disagree. Since Wingdashing isn't a technique that you have to see every frame of the move like arrow looping, lag doesn't effect it. All you have to do is input the button commands as in offline and you will the wingdash happen later than you expect. Think of it as a replay after the fact that shows you how well you did it ^_^

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I actually find the Angelic Step to be the most difficult tech to do online, which is bad for me since I've really integrated it into my play style (chainthrow mindgames FTW).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I perform really well online.
However, lag will prevent me from arrow looping, and arrow looping is a main weapon in my arsenal.
It also keeps me from chaingrabbing almost all the time, but i dont chaingrab much anyways... unless Im facing a large or heavy char.
Another thing it does to me is sometimes prevent me from Angelic stepping. Basically anything that I might use for mindgames is affected by lag, Arrow Looping, Angelic stepping, Wing Renewal, Glideshifting, Arrow Rain, and a few others that I forgot.
It really makes me weak when I become Techless.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
If you try to WingDash as a reactionary manuver it is nearly impossible. Same with Powershielding.

In the end the things that make this game fast are removed from Online Fights. Included in this are most spacing techniques.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ok that I agree with. I thought you ment that actually doing the move was difficult. It is possible to react with it but very hard. And forget doing the Angelic step online. That requires lagless frame data for you to see all the time. I guess it could be like Wingdashing where it is by feel but the applications is much harder to do. I think we can conclude that Pit naturally stinks on wifi compared to others like Ike who is favored by wifi.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah but the thing is the Angelic Step is the opposite to everything else online. Meaning it's incredibly easy to see coming and therefore doesn't catch people off-guard. Go figure right? >_<

sagemoon

Smash Lord
i've been told different, telling me its nearly impossible to get around. Then again the only wifi i've played recently has had a very very small amounts of lag.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
i've been told different, telling me its nearly impossible to get around. Then again the only wifi i've played recently has had a very very small amounts of lag.
I've yet to experience anything that nice. v_v But I've been doing well in the BRoom tournament. Too bad it's come down to a matter of freaking out and spamming Smashes when scared.

Felis

Smash Cadet
My overall game play is taken down a notch because of that button lag. I sometimes lose looped arrows because of it but its all good. I can handle the button lag its just the screen lag that makes it unplayable.

For wingdashing, I am not consistent enough at it to put it into my gameplay but i can still do it online regardless. What is really hard to do online is the ART that slight millisecond difference could end up in failure and then you get punished *ouch* Angelic stepping on the other hand is much easier to do because its not affected by button lag, just a series of movements.

And I think we should remember that its just as bad for our opponent as well. :D

-Felis

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea, ART is extremely hard online. Once you get used to it, you can perform it from feel and not by your eyes, but it is still really hard

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
one question about your online connections guys... does your online provider provides fastpath? We've found this issue with german players... austrian smasher have a way better connection online and is standard here.

Top Bottom