• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi friend codes Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Easy

Smash Cadet
Hmm this is really bad. I wonder why I get heavy lags like that = (

May I ask how you set up your connection Nick? I'm running on an 8/8 mbps connection so it shouldnt be any problems.
There are a couple of things you should check if you are getting lag.

First if you have encryption enabled on your router then it takes longer to encrypt and decrypt packets so disabling the encryption will help. If you are nervous about turning off your encryption you can simply add the MAC addresses of all your computers and the wii into a MAC address list on your router and then only those MAC addresses are allowed to connect to it.

Another thing to look at would be your wireless connection. I believe wireless is faster than having a wired connection but you may be dropping packets which would cause the lag so you might need to by a LAN adapter and connect your wii with the router using a ethernet cable.

Also, you're from sweden so you're ping is prob. like 150 - 300 on a US server. I know when I play COD4 there are a bunch of euro kids and they have around a 200 ping.

Lastly, the host of the game is of course going to have a much smoother connection because you are connecting to them and therefore your packets need to travel to their IP address...I think

GraveCow

Smash Rookie
East US (South Carolina): 4897-5272-4612

I'm going to be playing pretty heavily the next few days if anyone wants to add me.

LUwEEdGI

Smash Rookie
IAM ADDING ALL OF THE PEOPLE FROM THE US . PLEASE DO THE SAME FOR ME
if anyone else really wants to play pm me and ill add you as well, the more the merrier

name: RASTA
brawl code: 1976-9470-7593

IM IN CALIFORNIA

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
People add me!
And then let me know, or message me, so i can add you!
I'm doing some homework now, so i'll be in a few hours.

Btw; Anyone having problems connecting to 'With Anyone' WiFi matches, i get this message in Japanese, and it doesn't say error code anymore. I get this after like AGES of waiting.

Ok thanks :)

PS: I'm from Australia.. So Aussies add me :)

Mazor

Smash Cadet
Also, you're from sweden so you're ping is prob. like 150 - 300 on a US server. I know when I play COD4 there are a bunch of euro kids and they have around a 200 ping.
I doubt this is relevant when both participants are from the same country situated far from the US.

I am also from Sweden I didn't have 150-300ms when me and Doomgaze were playing 1v1. I'd say I had around 100ms and then maybe 150 when the others joined, still I doubt the games are hosted on a US server as that would probably make it much laggier (probably comparable to playing against a US player which really is much laggier).

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
I'm online now if anyone wants to play. Also, please add me to the list. I'm in Ohio (Northeastern United States.)

4725-7289-0967

Also, you can contact me faster via MSN or AIM:

AIM: aidethepally
MSN: aidethepally@hotmail.com

G-Easy

Smash Cadet
I doubt this is relevant when both participants are from the same country situated far from the US.

I am also from Sweden I didn't have 150-300ms when me and Doomgaze were playing 1v1. I'd say I had around 100ms and then maybe 150 when the others joined, still I doubt the games are hosted on a US server as that would probably make it much laggier (probably comparable to playing against a US player which really is much laggier).

Ya that's a valid point. I actually played one of my friends that lives about 5 mins down the road from me and there was a ton of lag when he hosted the game and only a little when I hosted so I'm guessing his connection was bad. It could be your router. You could try buying the LAN adapter and connecting directly to your modem.

7thFonon

Smash Apprentice
Just updated the first page FC List. Anyone want to get up some matches?

Edit : Adding DKpunch, Koujix and Darkest, add me too, so we can get some games up.

Mazor

Smash Cadet
Great games Doomgaze, Jadde and Riche. This time lag was really really low for me.

Good bye cruel world ftw.

MachoSan

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am online today and will be for most of next week. My code is: 2234 6449 3396.
Still missing a few characters, but I've got enough to keep it varied. If you add, let me know

Edit: Sorry, location is San Diego, CA.

BlueBlue

Smash Rookie
Currently looking for a fight, bonus if nearby. I've yet to brawl with anyone close to me, I assume it makes a difference on lag.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, very funny games. I tweaked my router a bit so I think lag was better on my part too (not good enough though) Gonna get a lan adapter next week ;-)

Gon

Smash Rookie
Nice games we had last afternoon Doomgaze, altho it wasnt only me playing everytime since i had some local friends on as you saw ;) How was the lag for you, acceptable?

Xedi

Smash Cadet
Hey

Friend code : 1891-0498-8248
Live in Europe (England at the moment)

I've only added those on the first post so please tell me if I haven't added you, I'll do so as soon as possible.
Thanks.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for putting mine up

Put me in the Australian Section ^-^

thank youu

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
I think this should be a sticky on the main page!! I was just about to make one of these, but i decided to search and see if a topic like dis was done already. I gotta check my wii quick and see wat my number is.

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
Ok i'm east coast and my code is 4167-3824-7528 (Pennsylvania)

Well until brawl comes out here i'll be playing stykers. If anyone else cares to face me in that till brawl arrives its cool.

kKor

Smash Rookie
Anyone wanna play a few matches? 3 stock , no items.
3050-6878-0230
West btw.

Mazor

Smash Cadet
Ok i'm east coast and my code is 4167-3824-7528 (Pennsylvania)

Well until brawl comes out here i'll be playing stykers. If anyone else cares to face me in that till brawl arrives its cool.
Brawl uses a specific brawl friend code so your normal wii friend code won't work. You can find your brawl code in the wifi section of the brawl menu once you get the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom