• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi and it's Issues

Would you like a Sticky for Wifi Discussion and Resolving it's issues?

• Yes

Votes: 108 90.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters

Chaco

Never Logs In
We all know it has it's problems, yes? Yes. So, is there a direct need to make threads relating to it. If you have an issue, post in the FAQ thread for help. Otherwise please refrain from posting those types of threads, I will not infract for them. But do note I will close them upon opening.

So I pose this poll: Would you like a sticky for Wifi Issues and Resolving them?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yes, First vote, yes.
Lag is an issue, and i think a sticky that helps resolve problems online would be just perfect.

In due time, i can expect to see less and less people complaining of online troubles and finally accepting the fact that they may be the only ones who can change it.
This Sticky would be an improvement, due to the fact that it would provide people on these forums a better reasoning of why Wifi isnt a problem, but instead, other causes are to blame.
As you can see, i am very tolerant of my internet, due to its lagginess :laugh:
But even through this, i understand the complexity of my network, i understand why my wifi isnt exceeding standards, and i cant argue, because Wifi, is better than nothing ;)

Thank You!

D

Deleted member

Obviously yeah. We should defindently have a stickied thread dedicated to this.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Definitely. I don't see why this section never had one in the first place.

MykalOfDefiance

Smash Cadet
It doesn't really seem like there's much we can do about it though. Lag will be there, forever and always, and that's how it is. You can play with people all over the world, but your buttons will have a little bit of lag. Pretty much how it works.

Variable

Smash Ace
I don't ever play 2v2 or Basic Brawl anymore. Two more players, twice the lag... I just play with friends now or use the Faux Finder for some 1v1's. So yes, lag is a problem, but there isn't much we can do about it.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Seems like Chaco is no longer a mod, so I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen about this. It pretty clear that it is a yes for "Would you like a sticky for Wifi Issues and Resolving them?"

Looks like the boards really want this, sooo yeah...

tehferret

Smash Rookie
I tried wired connection, and it helped my lag, but the thing is, I can't have a wire going all around my room so I can't use wired connection. What can I do!?

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
You could move your Wii right next to that spot or move the thing you are using to connect to wifi right next to your Wii. Not much else you can do about it besides that or depend on wireless.

mikesz98

Smash Rookie
I hate lag. Lag is the only issue I (and everyone else) suffers with wi-fi. Just don't play on facebook while smashing. Especially Farmville, Yoville or any other of those ville rubbishes.
Lag is ***.
Yes, we do need a thread for this. I voted yes.

themblan

Smash Rookie
Aside from lag/connection/disconnection issues, I hate Taunt Parties in Basic Brawl. 75% of games are these ******** things. Please stop.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
That isn't as fun as many expect. Not sure why people honestly spend their time doing that, but I guess that's just something they prefer. Playing with people by registering their Friend Codes is a much better option since you can now find people through smashboards.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Lag is nothing compared to having almost no options...Always 2-min time, hardly ever 1v1, usually items, random CPUs, bleh. Of course this only applies to With Anyone >.>

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I hate the fact that items are chosen from random players. Especially when one of the players is an idiotic ******* that wants bob-ombs everywhere. Or Smash Balls. I can never seem to get those anymore because 3/4 times, in a 4-player match, two players go for me, and the last one gets the smash ball. >_>

BSP

Smash Legend
I actually find taunt parties fun, but only for crashing. But the most annoying thing is when the taunters win, but used items on you. Pretty annoying.

SS3 Chaos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Presid3nt_Khaos
@tehferret
You can simply buy a longer cord. I have one that is at least 5 to 6 feet long. They sell ethernet cords at walmart, target, gamestop, toys r us, best buy. Many selections and its cheap so I hope that helps.

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
i think it's just the weather for the areas that you are playing people in or in between said areas

JoeCool33

Smash Cadet
This is serious everyone. I emailed Nintendo and told them that they should create a "NEW SSBB" or a wii shop channel that we could buy that would contain ssbb dedicated servers(with no lag) that we would pay for so our online brawl play would be lag-free. I emailed them in a very business like manner and told them the benefits. Please sign this with your real name so that I can send this to Nintendo Corporate. -Joey

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/brawl/

Top Bottom