• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wielders of Wisdom - The Zelda Player Finder (With Poll!)

Where do you think Zelda belongs in the tier list? (We'll look back to this in a few years)

• High

• Mid

• Low

• Bottom

Results are only viewable after voting.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Name/Tag: Chris_P_T_Bone
Preferred Palette: White(2)
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Any and all, but my wifi is sketchy.
NNID/Friend Code: Geliaron

Hello! I've used Zelda as my go-to character since Brawl (actually my first game), but have yet to go to a tourney. Some day, that'll change.

Latte

Smash Ace
Just wondering why my profile thing doesn't say WiFi. That's the way I play 99% of the time, so could you edit my profile to reflect that?

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
Name: Kyle BB
Palatte: White (8/10) Black (2/10)
Competitive scene: I would like to but unable to go to lan tourneys, thats why the new tournament mode has me interested....
NNID/Friend Code: Dunadain8 (hope that's what you are looking for XD)

I have mained (does autocorrect seriously want me to say maimed :laugh:)Zelda since Brawl, which was my intro to the smash series, originally I tried Link, peach, then Zelda.
Brawl actually got me into the legend of Zelda :)
I just naturally took to Zelda at that point, All I ever want in a character is a Teleport and a devastatingly powerful attack that changes the battle when it hits.
I also side main Shiek but i'm nowhere near as good with Shiek as I am Zelda.
I am 16 and I still go to School, every wendsday i play with my friends at gamer's club with smash, however have not gotten that opportunity yet, as Christmas break has intervened.

Edit: I am also am kinda worried about playing vs people, always concerned I am not that good....

Last edited:

ACrawford69

Smash Rookie
NNID
ACrawford69
3DS FC
2707-2321-8560
Name: Andrew
Preferred Palattes: 2,5
Competitive/WiFi
3ds FC: 2707-2321-8560
About me: I'm just a 14 year old boy who is a video game lover. I'm very competitive with games. I actually broke my first DS by throwing it because I lost a pokemon battle against my brother. (He used Action Replay) I enjoy making friends and
Talking to people. I started using Zelda as my main because one day I saw a Twitch streamer named Cosmo use her in Melee, so I started practicing and actually got really good.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So like,

I stilL see HyruleCandy on this list. They abandoned us, and they don't even play Zelda anymore. Remove ha pls.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Yeah aleate can you take out my picture please? I asked the TO for the bracket link and he hasn't texted back but I send it once he texts me it. Please take out my picture tho. Thanks

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Hey aleate, I forgot the password to my old account salad bowl so take salad bowl out the user finder. So yeah that's why salad bowls banned I asked aero to ban it for me

Name/Tag: Thomas
Preferred Palette: Purple/Blonde
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Competitive & Wifi
NNID/Friend Code: Macchiato94
About yourself: I'm a coffee addict I like Smash Bros and Legend of Zelda. This and Tekken are the two series that I play competitively. I'm also a SSS tier optomistist.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Name/Tag: AEMehr
Preferred Pallete:
(the closest thing to hilda which should have been a pallete but isnt)
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: EVERYTHING
NNID/Friend Code: Ariand54321
About yourself (Photo optional): I play Zelda because pretty much every hit that lands correctly feels satisfying. Except when you Farore's Wind to the corner of a ledge and teleport in the complete opposite direction of the stage. Or when you Din's Fire slightly off the stage.
those arent fun and are common things i do, especially dins fire

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
Name/Tag: CommanderPepper
Preferred Palette: 3
Competitive, Mostly Wi Fi
NNID/Friend Code: CommanderPepper
I'm a ****ty Zelda main who's in denial over not using Sheik more often.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Name/Tag: Ashe
Preferred Palette: Blue
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Casual/Wifi

I've stuck with Zelda/Sheik since Melee, and I've chosen Zelda over Sheik in SSB4. Bitter waifufeg until the end. I was briefly competitive in the early Brawl days; don't have time nor the dedication to commit competitively anymore. I also play Sheik, Pit/DPit, Palu, and Ike. Trying to pick up Peach and ZSS.

Anyways, I'm 20, my lifestyle activities include Smash (among other few games), some anime, football, family, fiancee, working out, university, and work. Life has been insane this past year, but I do hope to stay salty about Zeldawful (i.e. be active here) as long as I can.

Glowing Lumineon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0576-5098-4012
Name/Tag: *Exeggutor
Preferred Palette: Blonde with bright pink dress. (5)
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Wi-fi
NNID/Friend Code: 0576-5098-4012
About yourself: I don't really think I'm that good at smash, but I'm trying to get better. Oh, and my tag starts with a star, so I'm using an asterix here.

Last edited:

Dexit

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dexit_Prism
Name/Tag: Dexit
Preferred Palette: White
Casual/Competitive/WiFi: Casual/WiFi
NNID: Dexit_Prism
About Yourself (Photo optional): I mainly play PC games but I do occasionally branch out into consoles. Been playing Smash since Melee at which time I was 2. XD

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Name/Tag: Noah
Preferred Palette: Mostly Purple/Blonde, but I occasionally use the Pink/Blonde and Green palettes.
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Wi-fi
NNID/Friend Code: NAshey88
About yourself: I've been playing smash since Melee first came out. Zelda/Sheik have always been my go-to characters despite not playing a single Zelda game until 2011. Now that Zelda and Sheik are separate characters, I chose to represent the human incarnation of the goddess Hylia herself. It's too bad that Zelda is so awful :(

ArthurPennington

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthurPennington
3DS FC
0472-8326-9082
Tag: ArthurPennington
Preferred Palette: Mostly Purple/Blonde, but occasionally I use the Red or Blue skins.
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Casual, trying to get competitive, would use wi-fi if the connection didn't suck
NNID: ArthurPennington

About yourself: I've been playing Smash casually since Melee, (although I never got into the competitive side) and while I enjoyed Brawl with friends, I didn't get particularly into it by virtue of never owning a Wii. I'm particularly ashamed to say I didn't really pay Zelda any attention in previous Smash games, despite being a massive fan of her series. However in the run up to Smash 4, I was completely immersed in Hyrule Warriors and several main series games which rekindled my love for her as a character. As I've played more with her I've realised she is certainly lacking in tier strength, but that won't deter me (hell, I love me some low tiers; I mained Roy and Y. Link in Melee, for example.) Nice to meet you all, let's make our Princess proud.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Updated. Made a change to the type of player you are as follows:

Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: (Please put ONLY what you would like listed, not a life story)

I won't be making guesses from here on out.

Last edited:

HylianCricket

Smash Rookie
Name/Tag: J.R. / J.R.
Preferred Palette: White and Blue for me :)
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Casual/ Wi-Fi
NNID/Friend Code: DaemonGryllus55/ 0516-7265-2683
About yourself (Photo optional): I've been lurking the smashboards for a long time now (I'm also something of an introvert in the real world). I've been a fan of the Zelda series since I first played the NES original as a kid. Zelda was my secondary in Melee but became my main in Brawl, which carried over to Smash 4 (my secondaries are still up in the air). When I'm not working in distribution I am writing, drawing, playing video games, and hanging with my wife (who is a Rosalina main - fun fact of the day).

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I had forgottten to post on this thread :p

Name/Tag: Fern / @ Fernosaur Fernosaur
Preferred Palette: The green one
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: All of them!
NNID/Friend Code: Fernosaur/ No 3DS
About yourself (Photo optional): I'm a concept artist and storybook illustrator. I don't consider myself a Zelda main, since I main Villager, but I'm here because I couldn't just drop her (I was her main in Brawl).

Last edited:

Seki_

Smash Cadet
NNID
RCX420
Name/Tag: Seki
Preferred Palette: Blue Zelda
Casual who wants to be Competitive
NNID: RCX420

Hi, I'm a Zelda player from the Ohio region who strives to play competitively in SSB4. Add my NNID and maybe we could play sometime (please be gentle, I'm not that good ;3) I picked Zelda because she's a character that has enough options to be viable, but bad play can be punished very easily. If I make a bad play, I'll accept the punishment. Learn from your own mistakes, right? btw I'm looking for a mentor if any of you super pro kids are willing to be patient, message me c;

Name/Tag: @ Berserker. Berserker.
Preferred Palette: Blue Zelda
Competitive
NNID: No Wii U/1220-7875-3865 (3DS FC)

About yourself: I main Shulk and secondary Robin. I use Zelda for the lulz. I've been playing Smash competitively since Brawl. So yeah, that's all.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Name: Bryson
Palette: The first one
Casual/Competitive/Wifi (all)
NNID: IfItIsntBryson

I played Melee at my neighbor's house around a decade ago (it's been that long?) and was immediately drawn to Link and Zelda and am now a huge LoZ fan. I mained Zelda in Melee but dropped her in Brawl for Ike and Lucas (who I almost won tournaments with). Now I'm back with Zelda and ready to prove she's not bottom tier (but maybe not higher than mid). Oh, and I'm new to SmashBoards.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
Name/Tag: Mari / Marin
Preferred Palette:

Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Casual
NNID/Friend Code: ChaoticMarin
About yourself (Photo optional): My name's Marin. I like to occupy myself with roleplaying, music arrangement and gaming. My favorite types of games are shooters, story driven games, community driven games and a few unique games (mostly Nintendo). Some of my favorite series are Zelda, Pokemon, Mega Man and Super Smash Bros. I'm not one for small talk, but I like to think of myself as a nice person who can be a good friend.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Name/Tag: Aus0115
Preferred Palette: Blue or Green Zelda
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Casual/ friendlies/ wifi
NNID/Friend Code: Aus0116
About yourself: I've mained her since melee and have used her effectively ever since. my Skype is austinpdz I can play every now and then I also sometimes enjoy the craziness like stage hazards and items so I'm not always competitive.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Name/Tag: Duzzzyy
Preferred Palette: Black
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: All
NNID/Friend Code: Duzzzyy
About yourself (Photo optional): Relatively new player determined to improve and join tournaments soon.

Name: r_greening1 (Chris for 3DS)
Preferred Palette:4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Casual/ Wi-Fi: I'm a filthy casual looking to become competitive.
NNID: Vyu200

A quick note, I only have the 3DS version of the game as of now, so information like NNID and Name are subject to change when I finally get a Wii-U.

Wes762

Smash Cadet
NNID
wes762
Name/Tag: Westkana
Preferred Palette: Green
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Casual
NNID/Friend Code: Westkana 0087-3698-1800 (I think)
About yourself: Hey I've played Zelda since Melee, and still playing the princess today. She's probably my best character in the game, but I don't know many competitive strategies XD

Last edited:

ViV

Smash Rookie
NNID
MR1703
3DS FC
3866-9315-1122
Name/Tag: Vi•V
Preferred palette:

Mainly wifi; trying to go competitive
NNID: MR1703

I've played smash since melee and have always used Zelda from melee to smash 4. I'm not the best at smash 4 but I'm always looking for practice to become better, and want to use Zelda to the best extent I can!

Prioritized

Smash Cadet
NNID
Prioritized
3DS FC
0430-8412-2191
Name/Tag: Prioritized
Preferred Palette: Green
Casual/Competitive
NNID/Friend Code: Prioritized

I've played Zelda ever since Melee and Brawl were new. I'm still in high school and local tournaments are an hour away so I don't go very often. Looking to get good with Zelda in Smash 4.

jclittle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jiggywiggy
Name/Tag: Cody / Nayru
Preferred Palette:

Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Playing Wi-Fi and friendlies mostly. Kinda wanting to start in tournaments too.
NNID/Friend Code: Jiggywiggy
About yourself: Started with Zelda in Melee...and picked up Wolf in Brawl. Came back to Zelda in PM and have stuck with her for Sm4sh as well.

Top Bottom