• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Meerkat

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know of some possible 3ds/pm/melee tournaments coming up in march in Madison?
It'll be difficult to find a lot as University of Wisconsin System is on break from March 14th to the 22nd.

There is a Melee/Wii U tournament in Platteville (Smash at Plattecon) on March 7th (about an hour west of Madison), and if you're willing to go farther for a Wisconsin Circuit tourney, there's ECSS7 in Eau Claire that day.

The event page for Smash at Plattecon is listed in the Smashboards Events, but it doesn't appear that ECSS7 is.

It'll be difficult to find a lot as University of Wisconsin System is on break from March 14th to the 22nd.

There is a Melee/Wii U tournament in Platteville (Smash at Plattecon) on March 7th (about an hour west of Madison), and if you're willing to go farther for a Wisconsin Circuit tourney, there's ECSS7 in Eau Claire that day.

The event page for Smash at Plattecon is listed in the Smashboards Events, but it doesn't appear that ECSS7 is.
that's because no WI smasher uses smashboards anymore lol

LimeSoda

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, at UWW here. I only play 64 though and can only play it semi-competitively.

I'm currently in Madison for the summer. Been to a few of the weeklies at Memorial, you might have seen me there if you're lurking this post way past the original post date, but yeah, no one really plays 64.

Last edited:

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know of some possible 3ds/pm/melee tournaments coming up in march in Madison?
If you're on Facebook, join the Wisconsin Smash Bros group. EVERYTHING that is happening throughout the state is posted there, as well as a banner which has upcoming events (tourneys) listed with dates, as well as their locations. There's a file that also has every active player in each city/region, making it easy to find local people to play with.

Luckily for you, Madison is a VERY active region, possibly the most active region in the state. Feel free to contact Frank Borden (Frootloop, the best player in WI currently) on Facebook if you have questions.

Sync8699

Smash Cadet
Great Revival was pretty awesome! Wish I had done better than 17th though...I tied a lot of MN players I typically beat at tournaments here. I wanna john and say I was nervous because the pressure was on me to perform well at a tournament that took place where I went to college lol. Anyway, good to see all those old WI faces! I still have to see Sanchaz and Quaz again though

Dazzap

Smash Cadet
Anyone know any Local, Say, Milwaukee, Or Oshkosh, or, just around that area, Smash 4 tournaments? (That allow youngsters like me).

Last edited:

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know any Local, Say, Milwaukee, Or Oshkosh, or, just around that area, Smash 4 tournaments? (That allow youngsters like me).
Join the Facebook group. You're better off getting replies to things on there than here. This is mostly dead because of that. I'm not sure about the Smash 4 scene in those cities but you're more than welcome to ask in the group page.

Xaldin

Smash Rookie
Hey all! Anyone around the New Richmond/Hudson/River Falls area?

My friends and I have been playing Smash for the better part of a decade, but we've only ever had each other to beat on. As fun as that is, we're looking to get a Smash community going in our area. If anyone's interested, please let me know! We have mainly been playing Project M for the last few years, but we're certainly willing to hop back to Melee.

Joining the Facebook group as well.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
There's 188 individual entrants for warehouse, thanks for signing up, looking to shape up to be a great event like GR was up in WI. We look forward to seeing you all this weekend up in MN.

The 3rd leg is in Bellevue, NE, Roll Tier V: Legacy, it features $2000 in pot bonuses and on Sunday there will be side tournaments for 64 and Brawl singles as well (more info on that in a few days).

Currently the venue fee is $5, and will be so until this tuesday!

If you want to figure out housing or if you have any other questions feel free to post here or to message me!

RTV is March 28th-29th with a set up party Friday, March 27th.

Registration Page: http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/58753

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/741977089225317

Smashboards: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...al-event-with-2000-bonuses-bellevue-ne.372817

The event after that is in Des Moines IA on April 11th, Spring Showdown! It currently also has a $5 venue and should be great like all the other events!

Registration Page: http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/792293694167057/

Smashboards: http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-11-2015-spring-showdown-des-moines-iowa.380393/

Midwest Circuit Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/midw...elee-pm-sm4sh-wi-mn-ne-ia-mo-co-ks-il.386220/

Sync8699

Smash Cadet
Secretly posting the Minnesota PR here to see what it'll look like with the character icons ;)
Respective character icon colors in [brackets]

#1 - Slayer :falconmelee::marthmelee::foxmelee: [Pink] [White] [Blue]
#2 - Chexr :falcomelee::sheikmelee: [Red] [White]
#3 - Triple R :kirbymelee: [Yellow]
#4 - Midwestballz :foxmelee::falcomelee: [Orange] [Neutral]
#5 - Deepak :sheikmelee::foxmelee::jigglypuffmelee: [Neutral] [Orange] [Neutral]
#6 - AbsentPage :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: [Red] [Orange]
#7 - Amanze :samusmelee::marthmelee::foxmelee: [Neutral] [Neutral] [Neutral]
#8 - Sync :foxmelee::peachmelee: [Green] [Green]
#9 - Tempest :falcomelee::foxmelee: [Blue] [Blue]
#10 - Rattigan :samusmelee::marthmelee: [Pink] [Red]

Yes, they even ask for the character icon COLORS.

Last edited:

Landry

Smash Ace
To all newer people:

This thread has been pretty dead for a while (as has most of Smashboards) but if you look on Facebook you can find the WI Smash Group and other good resources for smashers. It doesn't matter if you like Smash 4, PM, Melee, whatever - you can find someone who will play your game of choice with you. Get out there and play in person! If you can, come to smashfests and tournaments. It's the best way to learn and improve. Hope to see lots of new faces soon!
BUMP

Mustache

Smash Rookie
Just puttin this out there, if there's anyone in the Menomonie Area, I'll be a freshman at Stout and am always looking for someone to play against. Pm me

Sync8699

Smash Cadet
Maybe because I want to incite competition, keep this thread lively, give you guys insight into your opponents, or just because I want to see what the list looks like with character icons, here's the latest installment of the MN PR!

#1 - SLAYER :falconmelee::marthmelee::foxmelee:
#2 - WAKE :peachmelee:
#3 - CHEXR :falcomelee::jigglypuffmelee:
#4 - TRIPLE R :kirbymelee:
#5 - ABSENTPAGE :sheikmelee::foxmelee:
#6 - AMANZE :samusmelee::marthmelee::falcomelee:
#7 - RATTIGAN :samusmelee::marthmelee:
#8 - DAIRY :jigglypuffmelee:
#9 - AYMAN :falcomelee:
#10 - SYNC :foxmelee::peachmelee:

Don't ask how I managed to sneak myself onto it again. Losing to Zicore and Inui did NOT bode well for my consideration, ugh.

Top Bottom