• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi-fi can alter replay speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I uploaded a clip where I somehow fall without trying to recover. Someone then noted that the replay was sped up so I watched the replay again and turns out that the clip actually speeds up the moment I fall.

My question is can Wifi actually speed up a match and does anyone else have these kind of replays?

Here's the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM38jbClQXo

I still have the replay if anyone wants to check it out for themselves.

Edit: I caught another one of these speed ups on another one of my videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsR0-3KkLx8 - @1:58

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'm pretty sure it's not that since the replay speed and timing is consistent and has occurred in more then one replay.

Manaboy

Smash Cadet
I was playing a Gold Ike on the Pal version of SSBB and this guy was a hacker as he had his USB Gecko connected, he pressed down a few times then only he was fast and everyone was normal, then at one point my controller was desabled.

so there are hacks that can speed up Wi-Fi mode :(

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Another thing I noticed. The music doesn't speed up, which also proves that I didn't edit anything.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Lol, I think you guys are completely missing what he is talking about o____o
However, sorry firemario, I dont know how that happned and thats never happened to me. Are you sure it only happens with wifi clips? Perhaps its your editing software malfunctioning as well.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
The second video, I don't think I saw anything.
The first video...It's not a replay, is it? >.< Don't replays get rid of the tags? ...Caught! Maybe you forgot that you recorded it directly? :p

Other problems might include:
Recording issues (probably)
Something beyond me

EDIT: With Pink murder's backing up...I feel smart :D

bobson

Smash Lord
Were you using the save replays over 3 minutes code? Replay mechanics are weird and sometimes seem to try to make up for time when a replay goes on for a long time by speeding themselves up. I've seen it happen in one of my own replays before (offline, so it's not wifi), but I haven't been able to figure out why it happens.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yea, I had the replays on over 3 minutes with tags on, but on my second replay, I didn't even have my Wii hacked back then. Also the first replay didn't even pass one minute. To clarify, the second replay speed up occurs right when Link grabs the ledge. Maybe I just happen to get these online.

The speed ups are part of the replay so it's not my editing software.

Naki

Smash Rookie
If my friend will give me his saved data, I can show you what happened to his replay.

My friends were doing some 1v1s and we went out, but paused the game.
When we returned, they finish that set and saved it.
We went to see the replay, but it was all out of whack.
He has never hacked his Wii or doesn't even know the Wii can he hacked.

I've done tons of things to my Wii, and never once have I elicited a "crazy" replay.

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that you fell when the Halberd moved behind you, and when the Cruise changed direction. I think it's part of the stage, dynamics and stuff. The whole stages goes up, you go down.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
In Miami... sweating my *** off &gt;.&gt;
I noticed that you fell when the Halberd moved behind you, and when the Cruise changed direction. I think it's part of the stage, dynamics and stuff. The whole stages goes up, you go down.
☠
Hmm.. I don't know.. The background seemed to move too fast. I think it was a result of the hack.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
^You never know... I'm just thinking because it just happened to me during a 5man stock offline. I would of recorded it but, it was over 3 freaking minutes.

Now I'm thinking that it might of just been a glitch, or maybe he fast falled and did something, like a d-air but it wasn't shown for some reason...

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The second replay, I didn't even have hacks yet, so I don't think it's the hacks.

Naki, I think I can explain that. It's safe to assume that replays only save the character movements which is why we can't rewind them. Basically, somehow that replay was corrupted and changed the characters movements. I remember someone having a thread on it.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
In Miami... sweating my *** off &gt;.&gt;
☠
It couldn't have been a fastfall, look at the background. It seems to move just as fast as mario falls.

Replays are just a recollection of button inputs, not an actual replay of the match. That's why sometimes people's replays are messed up, because the Wii might have looped or inputted wrong button inputs. But that doesn't explain why the stage moved so fast.
☠

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
actually I remember reading on SWF somewhere that "replays" aren't even recorded matches perse but more a command list that's re-enacted by the CPU when you play back the fight. Being that there's no commands for "speed the match up" I would say this is not a reply glitch or even a wifi glitch. however I can attest that my "speed" while playing over wifi has variables... usually slow-down (lag) but rarely speed up (anti-lag) but it's everything, not just one character or one move, but the whole match, even the clock timer.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
actually I remember reading on SWF somewhere that "replays" aren't even recorded matches perse but more a command list that's re-enacted by the CPU when you play back the fight. Being that there's no commands for "speed the match up" I would say this is not a reply glitch or even a wifi glitch. however I can attest that my "speed" while playing over wifi has variables... usually slow-down (lag) but rarely speed up (anti-lag) but it's everything, not just one character or one move, but the whole match, even the clock timer.
☠

Replays are just a recollection of button inputs, not an actual replay of the match. That's why sometimes people's replays are messed up, because the Wii might have looped or inputted wrong button inputs. But that doesn't explain why the stage moved so fast.
☠

Just pointing that out.

But yeah it's not wi-fi or replay related.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
lol so someone else did know that before I mentioned it, ah well. The post I'm referring to though dates back months, but yeah, so much for reading the thread before posting :)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
lol trust me you're not the only one.

I still personally think it's a stage glitch. But I wouldn't know anything.

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
Well, since it is a reenactment of a match using CPU's, maybe the CPU's did a button combo, that wasn't there when you played yourself, that makes you fall faster?

If the CPU's did, then I shall call it Ultimate Dive!!! :D

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
Even if your match seems like there is no lag, it is very inconspicuous. So... that means even if lag didn't seem like an issue, the replay will cancel out all lag. Or, if the game freezes while playing and you save the replay, it'll make you stand there as if you were doing nothing. Replays take away all latency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom