• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why?!

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
Why did Nintendo leave out Roy in Brawl? They replaced him with Ike, and yes, Ike is awesome, but what about Roy? He was my favorite char in melee, and many others favorite too, and yet they took him out. I just don't understand it. It's not the end of the world, i know, but i can't help but wonder, "What in the world was Nintendo thinking?!". This gets me really angry, because Roy was very good in Melee, and should have returned. But Marth? yes, he's fast, but he doesn't fit my fighting style. Marth hurts your opponent worse with the tip of the blade. You have to stand back a bit. Roy hurt most with the middle. His style was charging right in and just banging up the enemy. I'm more of a straightforward person. I want to be able to just go in and BANG! attack without caring about this and that, as long as my hit makes contact. Maybe I'm crazy (I could swear I heard Roy destroying pikachu just now) but I would be willing to sacrifice any one aspect that Brawl has that Melee didn't, if it meant putting Roy in. I'm not saying that the new things are bad, but if they took out, oh, maybe the SSE, and put Roy back in, I would be shouting with joy.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Roy was only added in Melee to promote his Fire Emblem game, it makes sense why they would take him out.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Because Roy is one of the worst characters in the fire emblem games. The only reason he's of any use is when he gets the sword of seals.

When does he get that? The end of the game.

Seriously.

<.<; Ike can solo maps. SOLO MAPS PEOPLE.

but I did enjoy playing roy in melee. More than Marth anyway.

D

Deleted member

i totally agree!

Why couldn't Wario be sacrificed for Roy?
who plays as Wario?

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
... Ok, so i have to admit, the other day, i went into my room, saw my old Gamecube, and decided to play Melee again. I chose Roy, against a level 4 computer, and I got pwned. I can't use Roy anymore. He was my favorite, and now I can't even use him! I feel so ashamed... :( I guess i just got used to brawl's setup, or maybe I tried to play the same as i do with Ike (Who is completely different from Roy) and it just didn't work. Oh well, i guess I'll just stick with Brawl.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
i totally agree!

Why couldn't Wario be sacrificed for Roy?
who plays as Wario?
says the G&W player. Wario rocks.

on topic

it's true, we all mourn the loss of Roy. if you played melee earlier, and went on the roy threads on smashboards, you'd recognize me as one of the most (kinda the only) active (non-scrub) members of the Roy boards.. I was sad Roy got kicked out. but now I think of it as a new beginning. Fire emblem was a good series, but my favorites are Wario Ware and the Mario series. and Roy was manly, but degraded by many as a clone of marth. I now happily play Wario instead of Roy, and degrade any Ike or Marth players, because they just suck.

WARIO FTW

*starts lurking around the roy boards. good times. goooooooood times.*

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
brawl is "that" different.
Dude....I took a hiatus on Melee so I could unlock everything on Brawl/work taking my life over. When I came back to Melee, the only thing that suffered was the fact that my Tech skill was about half what it used to be. NOT the fact that my common sense in smash was reduced to that of a toddler. It's a level 4 computer....maybe a level 9....MAYBE. I can't see it...I'm sorry. I even tested it out myself....not happening my dude. I even tried playing one while I was half asleep.....not happening. He must have been trying to play with his feet. Roy Gimps computers like crazy. That's why I said what I said. I know how different Brawl is....but it's not THAT different where you'll lose to the computer.

I try to avoid Brawl like the plague, now, unless I'm playing someone that has some Smash common sense, though. Otherwise, I feel my overall skills die a little inside. It's sad when I don't even need to play Brawl to beat people in it. What's even more sad is that I don't have a main in Brawl. I play whoever the heck I feel like. -_-.

"Crank that Roy"

Top Bottom