• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why?

Whateva

Smash Rookie
i'm not trying to be funny or insulting but what made you choose dk as a main charecter(this question is for advanced players). i started playing last year and i have improved signifcantly since , but i know i'm still not tournament worthy. i began with samus as a main and all i did was spam missle rarely pressing the A button but its quite diffrent now.....to make things short i'm starting to explore other charecters and this is the only charecter i play with and see no potential. so my question to the dk players is how and why

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about that for advanced players only stuff but...

I initially started playing DK after watching some good DK player vids... why and how i stuck with him? His great grab games, tossing someone around like a rag doll with big ape is wicked fun. Then once you've got them in the air, a couple uair headbutts to a nice double fist fair, if you get it just right it you might just spike them right to their next stock....mmm satisfying. No potential seems an inaccurate assessment for sure, read a couple guides watch a few videos then pass judgement. IMO DK is one of the most under rated characters in the game.

maybe your b-tappin samus ways are influencing things as well, like i say the guides are well worth the read.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
lol, dk has a lot of potential, you just know how to use him. I first picked up dk for fun. I was a samus main for awhile, and a sheik main for awhile. I was at a store tournament (this is when i was a total noob, like...roll and smash attack, repeat type of noob), and someone picked DK at that tournament, and i heard someone say "who the heck picked DK? Dk sucks". And then my friend DarkMike, who i had just met that day replied "dk isn't garbage, he's got all that speed, and all that power". The thought in my head was "DK sucks, and he has no speed", but later, after the tournament was over, i picked DK for the hell of it. I was surprised at how fun it was to play with him. I started experimenting with him, and this was also about the time that i learned how bad i actually was at smash, cuz i first started watching some videos of people playing. I played with dk once in awhile against my friends, and i actually started beating them. We started to get to tournament level players and i just dropped sheik and samus for dk. I watched some Captain Jack vids and then kept practicing and then the rest, as they say, is history

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
LOl, Bum is an amazing DK player. I main Ganon, but my second is DK. I picked up on DK because i thought he was a bit like Ganon in some ways. I love meteor smashing, and DK and Ganon both have some great meteor smashes. DK's Dair is my fav.

AIDS

Smash Lord
DK is so fun to juggle fox with, finaly top tier gets owned! lol plus he looks so ******** it is funny and i learn from captain jack, and bum they are amazing and DK maybe not be so good, but he is the funnest thing besides falcon!

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
If you are picking a character based on how well you think you can compete with said character don't bother playing the game. Pick who you have fun playing as. I use DK in every game he's playable. He's my favorite video game character. Also, I tend to like the power characters in fighting games so this was a no-brainer.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I don't main the big ape but I love pullin him out now and then to do some cargo to uair antics vs fast fallers :) He really is quite fun to play.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Um I picked him up because I played Bum a few times too many. He is also fun as hell to play as.
Same extact story for me.

Playing Bum made me want to use the character more and more and he eventually became one of my mains. I like the fact he has good potential, way too much fun to use, and almost nobody has enough experience to know how to play against him.

Top Bottom