• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why use the dtilt

MackyMack

Smash Rookie
Depending on the character, it can be used to rack up damage, set up for combos, or for spacing. I usually use it for spacing, can't really start combos with it. But that's just me though, I dunno if there are any more uses for it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
dtilt is only really good for poking below shields other that that ftilt is normally seems a better option you have more range and less lag, a lot less lag. and of course the benefits of f tilt. In my experince fair ->space jab->spaced dtilt normally hit through/below shield and lead to a grab ftilt or some other follow up.

dtilt can be very easy to punish though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's your best option from a crawl, I guess? That and it ducks under a few characters' grabs.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
against most characters, a good combo is ftilt ftilt to two jabs and a dtilt -> ftilt again

after the two jabs, usually the opponent tries to go for a grab which the dtilt then punishes

demodemo

Smash Ace
its a good way to get an opponent in the air (for fairs and what not) at high %s. I think the range of a dtilt is longer than an ftilt..

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
ftilt has the longest range of shieks ground moves (not counting fsmash)

In order of distance horizontal
ftilt
second jab
utilt
jab, dtilt
dsmash
upsmash

dtilt is a very situational move, since ftilt beats it in almost every way.
dtilt hits lower than ftilt and thats it's only real "pro". Deciding on whether or not you want to exchange the ending lag time and range of ftilt for dtilt is up to you.

Top Bottom