• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why the hell is norfair allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Look at the name NOrFAIR

Seriously, why is it a counter pick? lava randomly rushes in from all directions, so if you get knocked the wrong way your toast. Not to mention the bubble thing. What if you trip on your way to it, and the other guy gets in making you get burned to ashes? Another thing is that you have to spend just about all of your time jumping because it's too platform based.

Sign here if you think this stage needs to be banned.

1.) Skyflyer

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I thinkz it's a FAIR stagez. I means, it's the persons fault if they decided to go in a certain to escape it and they trip, you takez the risks.

:D

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Look at the name NOrFAIR

Seriously, why is it a counter pick? lava randomly rushes in from all directions, so if you get knocked the wrong way your toast. Not to mention the bubble thing. What if you trip on your way to it, and the other guy gets in making you get burned to ashes? Another thing is that you have to spend just about all of your time jumping because it's too platform based.

Sign here if you think this stage needs to be banned.

1.) Skyflyer
What if you tripped into- *Tripps into Ike's you know what*... That's not really a valid argument.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Also, if you can't dodge the lava, then shame on you.
^This.

Also, it takes strategy to be hit by lava (you know, you grab someone and throw them to the lava?). It's nowhere near the stage's fault... unlike some places like FLAT ZONE 2!

Norfair is fine.

muffinsanyone

Smash Rookie
you guy are a bunch a babies
the people of peoples family i want to kill are like you

"ehh its to hard, i'm always dieing ehh"

p.s. put your family on high alert

Mmac

Smash Lord
Look at the name NOrFAIR
I c wat u did thar

Seriously, why is it a counter pick?
Because... it's a counter stage? Also it help characters with crappy recoveries and/or Tether based recoveries due to it's multiple ledges. Plus it gives special benefits to some characters like Ganondorf or Bowser

lava randomly rushes in from all directions, so if you get knocked the wrong way your toast.
All the MAGMA is actually very easy to see coming once you know the stage. Rising up is obvious. The Magmafall is actually very easy to see coming. The camera shifts to the direction where the wall is coming from. Not only that, but there is a 20 SECOND DELAY when the camera shifts before the waterfall comes. The Magma bursts from the background are also pretty easy to see coming and it's hitbox is actually smaller than you might think.

Plus, most of the time, the Magma actually SAVES you! It also doesn't kill until the 150's either

Not to mention the bubble thing. What if you trip on your way to it, and the other guy gets in making you get burned to ashes?
As most people said, you can Airdodge the Wave. Not only that, you can just simply SHIELD it, or even just grab one of the many ledges! Hell you can even roll or spotdodge it! The Safety Capsule is just there as a Mindgame trap and a surefire way to avoid it

Another thing is that you have to spend just about all of your time jumping because it's too platform based.
OH TEH NOES! PLATFORMS!!!!!!!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Oh lolz!

I meant like, you chose to go in a direction. If you trip, it;s your fault. You took the risk. You know there's a possibility of tripping.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Norfair is my favorite stage for 1v1 fights. The lava isn't totally random, discourages camping, and can be used strategically by players. And I love platforms, they add more interest to matches in my opinion.

Norfair for president!

Mmac

Smash Lord
how is norfair legal when bridge of eldin isn't?

signature: felix0-9
Because Eldin favours Chaingrabbers, Campers, and Hit and Run Projectile Spammers to the point of being actually beyond Broken.

You can probably get a better chance of getting Mario Circuit unbanned than Eldin

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I don't know actually. It has a bunch of hazards and a strange set up, which isn't usually allowed in tournaments. Probably because Link needed a stage to be good on.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, if you even play the stage just a couple of times, you'll see that it's ridiculously easy to avoid the lava. And you don't really worry about the size of the stage either when lava appears or rises.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yep, if you check the stage legality discussion before the official legal list, you see that I was arguing against norfar. The reason that Norfair is legal 9to my dismay) is that while the lava serves as a problem, along with the design (and the fact that this is essentially Brinstar on drugs), the lava is as easy to avoid as it's Melee counterpart, and the stage design does give an advantage to aerial opponents, and the back room didn't think the double whammy is enough to even borderline it (which is weird considering that duoble whammys in nature causes mass extinctions [why do ya think the asteroid killed the dinosaurs {assuming you actually do believe that the Earth is old. If you don't, burn in hell you ****ing ********er}])

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
norfair is a great stage but I think you may just need practice if you can't play it well.
This was/is the case with many stages in Melee as well, for example, Poke Floats was/is a quite common counterpick because it was/is a very unorthodox stage. I can see this happening with norfair.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Ummm, the tidal wave of lava? I've NEVER been KO'ed by that.. it's easy as hell to dodge, it's really not that big of a deal.

io728

Smash Cadet
A small town no one has ever heard of, MN
The only valid reason I see here is the "You might trip." And you could jump to avoid tripping. Unless Luigi has his orb thing on. Then any of the other things will work well enough in the lava wave event. But still, you know you want that capsule.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
The only valid reason I see here is the "You might trip." And you could jump to avoid tripping. Unless Luigi has his orb thing on. Then any of the other things will work well enough in the lava wave event. But still, you know you want that capsule.
you can trip on any stage.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
the stage design does give an advantage to aerial opponents
So? Should stages that have a hazard + advantage to ground fighters be banned?

and there's already a thread for Norfair, use search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom