• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why the hate on smash4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
YEA SURE HYPOTHETICALLY,lol zero wins everything, hmmm no skill gap eh? and the game has plenty of depth, just because your too busy fangirling over your "gods" to notice, lol y do melee vets think they know everything bout a game without even owning it, lol
Why do you instantly assume that we don't own the game? I own both versions, have the soundtrack, have the Mewtwo DLC, and played for over 75 hours per copy. I know the nature of the game and enough to know it doesn't have as much competitive potential. It's a great game, but it just isn't competitive by nature. Sakurai intended for the game to no longer be competitive, even taking out competitive tech after the game us released (such as DACUS and Vectoring).

Last edited:

M.C.Jeducation

Smash Apprentice
How is this thread still alive!? Its become abundantly clear that the arguments on here just keep repeating themselves over an over as new people enter the thread.

No one is going to change anyone else's opinion of either game. This thread needs to die unless anyone feels like they can bring up something new.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
Why do you instantly assume that we don't own the game? I own both versions, have the soundtrack, have the Mewtwo DLC, and played for over 75 hours per copy. I know the nature of the game and enough to know it doesn't have as much competitive potential. It's a great game, but it just isn't competitive by nature. Sakurai intended for the game to no longer be competitive, even taking out competitive tech after the game us released (such as DACUS and Vectoring).
dacus was taken out ,but a more complicated di sytem was but in place of vectoring. and i think your completely wrong about the game not having as much competitive potential.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
dacus was taken out ,but a more complicated di sytem was but in place of vectoring. and i think your completely wrong about the game not having as much competitive potential.
A valid point, care to expand upon the new DI (I haven't heard of this) and what you think it has in terms of competitive potential as I am interested.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
A valid point, care to expand upon the new DI (I haven't heard of this) and what you think it has in terms of competitive potential as I am interested.
when your hit upwards its d.i from melee/brawl, holding perp,however when your hit horizontally you vector, but even i am at a loss when hit diagonally, usually you want to d.i away for combos, but that could also get you killed, d.i in and you could get comboed, but that is your horizontal survival d.i. also sometimes you have to decide whether to d.i a hit that sends you horizontal, upwards to allow your character to recover or to and vector it to stop yourself from dying.Imo i thinks its pretty cool

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
when your hit upwards its d.i from melee/brawl, holding perp,however when your hit horizontally you vector, but even i am at a loss when hit diagonally, usually you want to d.i away for combos, but that could also get you killed, d.i in and you could get comboed, but that is your horizontal survival d.i. also sometimes you have to decide whether to d.i a hit that sends you horizontal, upwards to allow your character to recover or to and vector it to stop yourself from dying.Imo i thinks its pretty cool
IMO that isn't deep, that's unnecesarally convoluted. Vectoring wasn't completely taken out, but SDI was completely taken out (since game's release), and Vectoring was also weakened (in the same patch that any truly verticle KB moves, such as Shulk's Uair, were weakened). I guess which DI you prefer is strictly based on opinion, though, so I can only tell you that I don't like it as much as Melee's DI (which feels natural to me).

Snorlaxes

Smash Cadet
Well boys, only one Smash game gets the main stage and championship Sunday at Evo. The deciding factor, via Mr. Wizard is "what makes the best show." Which will it be?

Last edited:

PlamZ

Smash Cadet
i would rather melee gets it so we can avoid the unholy bitchfit some melee fans are gonna have if its sm4sh. Reddit is gonna be a warzone lol
You talk like Smash4 is not gotta do the exact same thing if the opposite happens.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
You talk like Smash4 is not gotta do the exact same thing if the opposite happens.
it will be much bigger outcry from the melee community, wouldnt be surprised if the top players started ******** aswell

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
I think it could happen, but not really as likely to be hoenst. I think the actual respectable Sm4sh players (not the kiddies who don't know sh#%) understand that Melee is much more entertaining and hype than it's sequels in terms of spectating (and gameplay but that is just my opinion). That's not to say hype moments won't happen in Sm4sh, but it is highly dependent on the matchup and even then it may not happen.

In terms of better "show", yes Melee is a better show because of how the game is played.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
haha leffen has already started, and the decision hasnt been made yet.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
He's making speculation like everyone else is on Reddit. Honestly I don't know if you're trying to be constructive or just trying to fan flames around here. Also its leffen... if my persona was to smack talk too I'd be... quite mean on this website :[

Delta Chae

The Observer
Leffen does things like that, he's the resident "villain" of the Melee community and is not reflective of the community as a whole. It's quite clear from your other posts on this thread that you're just trying to start a flame war.

elliotnz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5906-3244
lets move this thread to smash 4 forum and we can get back to melee

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
lets move this thread to smash 4 forum and we can get back to melee
But the original purpose of the thread was to ask Melee players why some of us hate on Smash 4, so that would go against the original purposes of the thread.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
Many posts have been made. Many valid and invalid reasons have been made for both ends. I believe the original question has been answered. All that seems to be happening now are people getting riled up over nothing important. /thread this crap I say.

If Sm4sh vs Melee threads aren't allowed on the Sm4sh they shouldn't be allowed here, which is what it has been turning into as of late.

Last edited:

FEOwain

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Because we don't like the game, and thus don't want it at events. We hate on the game to voice our opinions, and maybe get noticed by GimR senpai. If we get noticed hating on the game, it might not be at the major events. That's what we want.

Thor

Smash Champion
Because we don't like the game, and thus don't want it at events. We hate on the game to voice our opinions, and maybe get noticed by GimR senpai. If we get noticed hating on the game, it might not be at the major events. That's what we want.
Sorry to tell you that the world doesn't revolve around Melee. This isn't called "Meleeboards", it's called "Smashboards" for a reason. You may want to not see Smash 4, but given Nintendo's [lackluster but actually present] support for Smash 4 and the huge following it has [EVO had more Smash 4 entrants than Melee entrants: http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/01/evo...released-see-where-your-favorite-game-stands/], there is basically zero chance of Melee ever being at a major event without Smash 4 [even Genesis will have Smash 4, and that's nothing if not an iconic Melee-focused tournament].

You are entirely free to dislike the game, but verbally harassing other human beings because they happen to like a different video game than you is not only incredibly rude, it's also extremely petty and quite childish. I frankly am shocked you would intentionally try to ruin other people's chance to enjoy a major event because you dislike the game they play... I for one may not understand most of the fighting games at EVO beyond a very basic level, and may even be bored by watching them, but I would NEVER seek to have any game removed from the event [barring a grossly offensive fighting game (Ex: intentionally racist), but at that point I'm nearly positive EVO wouldn't have it].

Even then, if you really want to hate on the game, I can't stop you. But I can shake my head at how immature some people in the Smash community really are, and also do my best to try to speak up and minimize the influence of people who would deliberately seek to exclude certain parts of the community because they want to enjoy Smash just like everyone else.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
June 11th... The last post, was June 11th and you revived this thread. Congrats.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why is this tread still here?

Just play damn well whatever you want. Just don't be a giant pissant about it. I like all Smash games (Brawl is kinda hit or miss with me) and don't give a crap about what to play or why people hate this certain game.

This is nothing but BS arguments just for a flame war over two different games. Because God forbid someone has an opinion or preference

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I never played smash 4 in my life maybe I'll get it so I can play with some people. My favorite out the whole series is melee I grow up with that game also my first gamecube game. I mean why hate smash 4 it's obvious that sakurai made smash to be a party game not competitive. We all saw what brawl was like what you thought it's gonna go back to melee' s engine again will you're wrong by a long shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom