• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why the falco hating?

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Hm well, I'm bored, your bored.

I wish people came back to the melee threads, you wish people came back to the melee threads.

Now, to try to start a discussion, why do people hate on falco? Either a falco main quitting falco, to play someone else, or... people just hate him, why do YOU think there's so much hate for this beautiful, blue bird? :)

Most of the answers, if people actually respond, are gonna say.. because lasers, blah blah blah, but i wanna know more. Yeah, i don't there's going to be any posts, but w/e.. POST NOW :DD

Miharu

Smash Hero
His matchups for the most part are inferior to those of Fox/Marth/Sheik, and almost any match played as Falco is frustrating as ****.

Then there are those who whine about laser camping and how "easy" Falco is to use.

Spife

Smash Master
I think Link doesn't get enough attention. I mean, he's got projectiles to boot, speaking of boots, hylian foot anyone? Ever hit some one with the hylian ass? yeah that's right, the hit box is basically everywhere on that mans nair. Plus, and I've mentioned this before, he can change his age from adult to child...if you're into that sort of thing. I don't know what your talking about laser camping, Link doesn't have any lasers. Now Falco, he's got lasers! I don't hate him but there's been a few times I've been fighting a Falco and thought to my self, "Self, remember all that time you spent on Advanced techs? Well in the face of them lasers there you can forget about them". Other then that I don't really mind
The only thing I honestly hate about Falco is how quick he is to respond, as in, I'm pretty sure at 0-10%, if I hit him with an uptilt he'll go nowhere (might be CC'ing it but regardless). By nowhere I mean nowhere.

MetalFace

Smash Rookie
Thats because he is a fast faller, which actually you should be happy about. Fast fallers are comboed like hell. And I know Link is awesomess and stuff but... this is the Falco thread. Sorry if I was rude.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone hates on Falco. None of his things, short of short hop laser, are extremely easy, and in untrained hands, can do more harm to himself than the opponent with simple mistakes. He also has precise spacing and complex combos. Sheik and Fox mains might complain because he is possibly their worst match-ups.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
^ yea, that's basically it, hah.

fox mains hating on the blue bird, Falcon too ;O

falco is just too sexy, nuff' said.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Fox is a *****, Falco is the one who does all the work.

Also, I enjoy Falco and have just started picking him up again. = )

Who DOESN'T love getting someone in a 12 hit combo?

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
Everyone does hate the bird... :'( All I hear is how cheap he is and blah blah blah... lasers... shine...

I don't care what people think of his abilities... I just get mad as all he|| when people tell me falco is one of the easiest characters in the game to play.

And I always though falco wasn't too hard on fox? With the chain grab and thunder combo and crazy fast shine spike gimps. That's always what I thought though.

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
I never said that. But I always heard it wasn't a bad matchup because the fox has good enough weapons of his own.

Mewtwo has a 0>death on fox too. Doesn't mean that's a good matchup.

Dr F-U-N

Smash Cadet
Granted Fox can shine KO at low percents on Falco, you forget he can do it on EVERY character. Falco has silly combos to **** fox with and anything that fox can do to falco minus the shine spike and thunders falco can do to fox back.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Granted Fox can shine KO at low percents on Falco, you forget he can do it on EVERY character. Falco has silly combos to **** fox with and anything that fox can do to falco minus the shine spike and thunders falco can do to fox back.
Yeah, Falco can chainthrow Fox. Good joke.

And Fox can't really shinespike a good number of characters unless they're just being stupid.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
To be fair, ANY character can gimp a falco at low percentages <.<;
yesh yesh, poor falco ;[ 1 mistake could be a stock, but who cares.. blue bird is seck-z.

I know they can both destroy each other. I just always thought fox had the advantage; seems everyone disagrees.
So... w/e fine... didn't mean to start dumb ****. Dam.....
nah dude, you didn't start "dumb ****" we might as well discuss something :D

HiIH

Smash Lord
Playing with Falco is the main reason why I hate getting gimped ;_;

Also, don't forget about the ridiculous waveshining combos Falco can do to Fox.

Grunt

Smash Master
Falco has lazers and doesn't afraid of anything.

Um, maybe it's just my selective hearing, but not too many hating that i hear.
i hate that **** pink marshmallow though. fakes out his aerials and REST! :(

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
why people hate playing against Falco:

-laz0rz
-easier to play compared to other top tiers
-annoying comboes
-annoying patterns linked to lasers (see forward/shiz/lambchops' laser spamming style)

why people hate playing as Falco:

-fastfaller who gets comboed easily
-cheap kills
-killing opponents is harder compared to Fox, Marth and Sheik

ThreeX

Smash Lord
^ well, that's true.. hah

shiz, quick question.. you into brawl?

edit: what am i thinking.. your shiz, why would you play brawl roflll

Top Bottom