• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Melee is much better then Brawl.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
I actually do think Melee is better then Brawl, more techniques and faster gameplay. Not to mention SSBB has a serious problem with the clones (Luigi,Ike,Lucas,Lucario..ect).

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I actually do think Melee is better then Brawl, more techniques and faster gameplay. Not to mention SSBB has a serious problem with the clones (Luigi,Ike,Lucas,Lucario..ect).
Yeah I know, melee is so good at originality... Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, Roy, Ganondorf...

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I was about to flame you but then I realized you are satirizing *****y players who judge games without playing them and cant seem to move on. Good job man.
You know what the sad part is? For a minute I really wasn't sure whether it was a joke or not. Believe it or not I've seen people use the EXACT argument.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
I found it somewhat humorous. If this was a real argument, it's basically saying, Melee has this and Brawl has that, and this is this because it's this, and that is that because it is that... I love debate class...

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't sarcasm come from the TONE of your VOICE?
sar·casm (sär'kāz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

You guys really suck at picking up sarcasm.

If you read it, it didn't even make sense as an arguement, so much so that not even a moron would put it the way he did. He was making fun of the people who BASICALLY say that.

Scar

#HarveyDent
This is all fine and good, but if you really want to talk about why Melee actually is better than Brawl, I redirect you to this thread.

The debate is about whether or not Brawl is as competitive a game as Melee, with the word competitive in this context defined as the property "Those who should win will win." Note this has nothing to do with whether or not the competitive SCENE will be good or not, but whether the games themselves allow for stiff competition.

I am going to say that Melee offers infinitely more by way of this "competitiveness." Many of the most recent pages have basically all of my arguments for why Melee is more competitive than Brawl ever will be.

I also think Brawl is a lot of fun.

fuuzball317

Smash Apprentice
So alot of people are excited for Brawl, huh? Well you shouldn't be. It's totally inferior to Melee. I haven't even played and I know this!!

You see Melee had wavedashing and Brawl doesn't have wavedashing making the ability to wavedash impossible and Melee gives you the ability to wavedash which allows you to wavedash unlike Brawl which doesn't let you wavedash because of no wavedash. You see the wavedash exists in Melee because of the wavedash and wavedashing would let you wavedash across the stage by wavedashing unlike in Brawl where you can't wavedash because of the fact that wavedashing no longer exists due to lack of wavedash meaning you cannot wavedash in Brawl because of no wavedash.

This truly is an awful game.
You are ******** on so many accounts i don't even want to go into everything, never post anything again...

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
Not bashing no one here but i see where some hardcore melee players will be disapointed i was hardcore but this is giving me a clean slate to maybe be among the best, i was better then most players in melee but not good enough for state tournaments and such so i hope this can be my chance to become among the top players in the country

Will19

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the wavedash is gone, but does that really make Brawl suck? No.
Sure, wavedash made fights really advanced but we can live without it.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Yeah, the wavedash is gone, but does that really make Brawl suck? No.
Sure, wavedash made fights really advanced but we can live without it.
Wavedash was only one of the things that made Melee what it was as a competitive game. But if you don't know how to utilize it, you'll just look like a moron wavedashing around, and get yourself killed anyways.

The original post was a pretty bad attempt at trolling. I've seen better.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is still competitive though, you guys must be uber melee players or something because some of the Brawl fights I watched looked intense. Sure Brawl might not have wavedashing, l-canceling or easy combo'ing, but it doesn't really matter. Smash is designed in a way that the smarter and more skilled player will win most of the time. It's really as simple as that.

And really to me personally if I lose a lot in smash I will obviously get better, if I get better my opponents get better, so Brawl will be competitive. Maby not to the level Melee was but it doesn't matter as I play smash primarily for fun and Brawl looks tons of fun.

Also why Brawl is better then Melee.
-More characters
-More stages
-More items
-Online play
-Enhanced Graphics
-Ehhanced modes
-Stage Builder
-Better Balance
-Good Single player mode

Those reasons alone are why I think Brawl will be better, and dang good enough reasons for me.

fuuzball317

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why I or anyone else is responding to this thread, we are waisting our times. This is either an unfunny joke (which it isn't cuz he tried to legitimize the stance), or he believes this, which in this case, should not be respected.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
this is worthless. Imagine when you first picked up SSB and SSBM. I don't know how old you are and if the advane techs igsisted when you got it but remember that period of time when you and you're friends would play smash and have fun without wavedashing and teching and such. Now you're just accustomed to it and can't bear to walk a cross a stage. You have to wavedash across it.

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
i saw this on gamefaqs already. You either stole it from him or your the dsme person......idk

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
Brookman!!!!! Thats what im'm taking about! and i have seen some fast paced brawl movies already! and there is a cool trick not wavedashing but kinda like it and new sweet tricks. Sonic is a fast mutha ****a also i mean u can't kive in the melee world anymore unless you only getting be playing with not nearly as many people like 2% will not move on or people who don't have the money for the wii.

And about jigglypuff.......rest was nice yes but hardly not gonna make her SUCK. And there is alot of new characters to play that you don't even know yet unless you been playing the *** version i know some of you have

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Lol I took this seriously when I saw the title but its true there are a lot of idiots whining because it doesn't have wavedashing.
IMO wavedashing is the stupidest thing ever......

Top Bottom