• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why isn't there a "Pokemon Trainer Back Room?!"

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Probably becasue pokemon trainer is a bad character. I didn't know characters got their own back room anyways. Beside this board could be considered as a back room since it has only a few consistent faces.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
Probably becasue pokemon trainer is a bad character. I didn't know characters got their own back room anyways. Beside this board could be considered as a back room since it has only a few consistent faces.
Screw that! The only way that PT's metagame will go anywhere is if we treat him like we do all the other characters in the game!

Magik0722

Smash Champion
having a back room would hinder the metagame as any thing discussed there is only better discussed i nthe public. which is one of the reasons why I never understood the SBR

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
a ptbr wouldn't be much different from what the board is right now...only we'd be excluding a good deal of people and detract from their improvement.

the sbr is there so that 'serious' discussion can take place among people of high skill and smashtelligence, so other people don't clog up discussions. we don't have many people here anyway. for other larger boards (sonic, lucario, etc) it's a good idea...but not for pt. at least not for a while.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
well yeah im sorry i knew about that part of sbr i just never knew why it was so secretive and not at least view only

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
probably because ******* would try and make threads complaining about sbr discussions or something. i think it'd be great if the sbr granted viewing status to the smart people out there though...

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
the sbr is there so that 'serious' discussion can take place among people of high skill and smashtelligence, so other people don't clog up discussions. we don't have many people here anyway. for other larger boards (sonic, lucario, etc) it's a good idea...but not for pt. at least not for a while.
I disagree... I think its important that we gather the few credible faces in the PT boards... and have a back room now, in an effort to improve his metagame. rather than wait until some AT is discovered that make everyone flock over to the PT boards, and then we have to deal with noobs and spam...

Besides... I'm rather upset at how PT is being neglected throughout SWF, so I've elected to do something about it...

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i declined the invitation

im just that good

maybe if you named it "super secret pokemon trainer megaroom (typh is the man)" i would join

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
but to be serious for a moment (i know wtf!?) this is incredibly redundant

just because there is a "back room" doesnt mean discussion is going to become better or anything

this forum is fine the way it is

in fact if i am in there i would probably just spam the hell out of it so maybe its better if i dont join

Miles.

Smash Champion
but to be serious for a moment (i know wtf!?) this is incredibly redundant

just because there is a "back room" doesnt mean discussion is going to become better or anything

this forum is fine the way it is

in fact if i am in there i would probably just spam the hell out of it so maybe its better if i dont join
I disagree.

We wont have spam "how do i hydro plane threads"

Me and YOU wont spam there.

and we wont have to argue with ******* who only play online and want to tell me that Ivy beats MK 80%-20%.

I think we should limit to those with as much Tourney Exp as possible.

IE Typh and AD.

I know AD knows a lot about the match ups at a high level of skill.

We should do a back room match ups.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
When's the last time you hear of a Ganon winning a tourney?
or Fox?
or Yoshi?
The Mother Boys?
The Mario Bros?

So why are they recieveing so much much more attention and dedication than Pokemon? It's Bull****
Lol...

Other than from people who frequent the Ganon boards, Ganon gets more attention... because he's not very good. Seriously, other than people on the Ganon boards, if you ever mention Ganon, what you're likely to hear is "LAWL he sux LAWL!!11!one!" or something to that effect. No attention is better than that kind... (Well, and he's gotten a lot of attention for the new AT discovered.) Well, and Zeonstar won a few tournies I believe, though they were online so I don't think that counts...

Fox, I have no idea, so I won't mention it.

Yoshi got attention for getting a CG on MK, and, at one point, being boasted by Yoshi mains as a MK counter. (That and when it was shown he had something kind of like a wavedash.)

Mother boys don't get much attention, do they? Other than Smash64, I've never seen/heard of a good Ness/Lucas main, though it could just be that I'm uninformed.

Bo X7 has won some tournies as Mario I believe. Neither of the two Mario Bros gets too much attention though (although I hear there is a clan preaching Luigi's superiority over G&W, among others... ).

However, I agree that it's weird that PT gets so little attention. He's not really that bad a character. The main difficulty (at least to my ignorant eye), is that you get tired after 2 minutes, which forces you to switch and learn ATs for all 3 pokemon, and I think that's one of the things that turns most people off of PT, along with his tier placement (which I personally find retardedly wrong, but that's just me).

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
If anything we should get a PT chat. I think it would be useful for long detailed discussions.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
if there were serious discussion that somehow were better than what we have now, then i'd support it

i just don't think that there'd be much of a difference. and idk that it'd be all that active either.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Haha, funny enough I suggested to Steeler like a day ago. Personally, I think we should at least give it a shot and see how things go. There really isn't any harm in trying, right? If it fails, we just concentrate our efforts here. If it works, we could discover new things or perfect what we currently know.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I made the thread for tounrey info i ment.

And in the PT Back room its just me and Magik so far.

Id llike to limit to those with actual Tourny exp.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I declined the invitation for a number of reasons:

1: I don't join groups, that is just preference
2: I don't even have anyone on my friends list. I don't know any of you enough for that. If you try, you WILL fail
3: The idea is complete bull ****. PT doesn't need a back room, nobody does (although Meta Knight may have one, but it is mainly comprised of himself and a lifetime supply of sweets). It is really just making an area of the boards just like this one, except more selective.

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
I don't do online brawl anymore sadly.

I haven't been in any tournaments recently, but I can tell you that every tournament set that I've played PT in, I won 2-0.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
dude i didn't even know you before this thread lol. so it's understandable that some may think you shouldn't be the group leader or whatever.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
A PT "back room" will only limit the already limited PT community. It's going the direction opposite unity.

From what I can figure from the above posts... wow at excluding the original poster from his idea.

Miles.

Smash Champion
The PT board discussion limits the PT community at times.

When every time you want to havea serious discussion only to have some one ask how do you hydroplane or I think IVY counters metaknight.

bhbjkabhkabhk

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol. i think a pt back room is too good (cuz i was invited)

the pt boards are almost as useless as the sonic boards :D

Top Bottom