• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Is Wario Not More Popular?

sweener

Smash Rookie
It is clearly Obvious he is one of the better characters in the game, but he seems not popular at all. I hear he has been winning loads of tournaments, I am surprised more people are not moving towards him. I, myself, picked him because i love aerial attacks!

so why is he not more popular?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
People either hate him as a Nintendo Character, they hate his play style, they hate big guys that ride bikes and fart, IDK most people either stay away from him because they don't like his personality or they think he isn't worth their time or they underestimate his potential.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
Wario takes some work to get down, and people will always cater to the more "OMG BISHII KAWAII" characters first. I welcome this vast underestimation upon our favorite arsehole, however, as the people who underestimate him will not be prepared when Wario stomps the sh*t out of their precious Marth/Metaknight/other cute character, because Wario is a TESTOSTERONE ELEMENTAL.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
For me, there's only one reason i could never truly consider him. He relies on a fart attack.

I like his appearance in his games, he doesn't fart much at all in them.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He's not an easy character to win with... and people are lazy. Why put in effort to dominate when you have Snake's up and forward tilts?

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Honestly, I think its because people hate him as a Nintendo character. I've gotten a couple of bad reactions when people ask me who I main sometimes.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
people just put him off as a low tier character who only appeals to little kids that enjoy fart jokes and toilet humor

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
He looks ********.
I mean... the moveset is just straight up unorthodox...
Eating?
Farting?
Spinning around for a downsmash?

He looks like an effing robot with half the moves he does.
To me, he is visually unappealing.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
So much Wario dislike here, do you people not even know who this man is?

This is the man who will destroy a pirate crew for touching his treasure.

This is the man who was immortal, but decided to turn it off because it wasn't enough of a challenge for him.

This is the man who piledrives dinosaurs 50 times his size.

This is the man who went into Bomberman's universe and kicked his arse using BOMBS, just because he felt like it.

This is the man who brings a MOTORCYCLE to a gun fight.

This is the man who created a device to allow him to travel into TV shows... In about ten seconds.

This is the man who created a wildly successful, mult-million dollar gaming company in a week.

This is the man who gets twice as many costumes as everyone else, because he is 200% better.

This is the man who can kill you by clapping his hands.

This is the man who can make even royalty feel like dirt compared to him.

This is, simply THE MAN.

This is Wario.

Neb

Smash Lord
He's fat, he farts, not your typical main.
I personally think he's funny, all his animations are stiff and humorous.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
So much Wario dislike here, do you people not even know who this man is?

This is the man who will destroy a pirate crew for touching his treasure.

This is the man who was immortal, but decided to turn it off because it wasn't enough of a challenge for him.

This is the man who piledrives dinosaurs 50 times his size.

This is the man who went into Bomberman's universe and kicked his arse using BOMBS, just because he felt like it.

This is the man who brings a MOTORCYCLE to a gun fight.

This is the man who created a device to allow him to travel into TV shows... In about ten seconds.

This is the man who created a wildly successful, mult-million dollar gaming company in a week.

This is the man who gets twice as many costumes as everyone else, because he is 200% better.

This is the man who can kill you by clapping his hands.

This is the man who can make even royalty feel like dirt compared to him.

This is, simply THE MAN.

This is Wario.
**** Destructo's gone and won the boards again.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Destructo wins every da** thread now, I've won like 1-2 here in the Wario boards at the most lol. He receives yet another medal for Winning the Boards. I will give you multiple medals this time so that when you win another thread, you have a medal in advance, cause you are awesome enough for that.

He single handedly destroyed any reason to hate Wario. Ever.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Wario's fat because thin, fit bodies cannot contain such large amounts of awesomeness, manliness, and win.
He's a magnificent beast sent from the heavens.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How many Wario players live in or very close to Texas? There are gonna be a bunch of tournaments this summer in Texas and I was trying to get people informed and see if they could go to them. Just PM me if you are interested about more info. The next tournament coming up is in Houston on the 7th I believe.

Most of my friends don't hate Wario or anything about him, rather they hate the fact that I beat them with a "goofy" character.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I play Wario (and live in Texas, obviously), but I don't have the stamina or interest to play a tournament, not to mention I work and have school during the summer as well :(

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
the reason he's not more popular is due to the fact that unlike game and watch another odd and wacky character he doesn't have much of a classic past

i mean G&W Was The Beginning Of Nintendo's Handheld systems And Well...Wario Was Just Seen As A Evil Mario Imposter in his past
he never really gathered much interest until the wario land franchise which died off after 4 games then came Wario World a sparse attempt at reviving wario's character but when that failed...it seemed like wario was done for...then came WARIOWARE!...and now wario's not the greedy selfish cheating Gnome from before but a rich and lazy owner of a successful video game company

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I play Wario (and live in Texas, obviously), but I don't have the stamina or interest to play a tournament, not to mention I work and have school during the summer as well :(
Well it is understandable. I'm just trying to get more people in Texas to recognize Wario's potential and to get more Wario players involved in tourneys. I just feel like I'm one guy out of maybe a group of 3 people in Texas that truly mains Wario at tourneys (most people in Texas think he is a joke character). I haven't had the chance to go to very many big State tournaments and the local tournaments I have won don't really put Wario in the spotlight.

I just feel like a one man sponsor/representative for Wario in Texas at times lol.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
the reason he's not more popular is due to the fact that unlike game and watch another odd and wacky character he doesn't have much of a classic past

i mean G&W Was The Beginning Of Nintendo's Handheld systems And Well...Wario Was Just Seen As A Evil Mario Imposter in his past
he never really gathered much interest until the wario land franchise which died off after 4 games then came Wario World a sparse attempt at reviving wario's character but when that failed...it seemed like wario was done for...then came WARIOWARE!...and now wario's not the greedy selfish cheating Gnome from before but a rich and lazy owner of a successful video game company
Wario was around for quite a long time, actually, back in Super Mario Land 2. The Wario Land franchise was insanely popular in Japan, it only died off because of its underrated staus in the US and Nintendo's decision to branch into other types of games. It did look like Wario was doomed for nothing more than a party role, but Wario Ware certainly revived him and gave him a lot more attention in the US while also reviving his popularity in Japan.

And now they're making another Wario Land, so Wario's got his chance to take back the center stage!

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
i know he was...infact i have super mario land II
iam just saying he wasn't really much of a character until wario land when he started to drift away from the image of the evil mario copycat

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and I also don't like his nose.

AND.
He was mean to Lucas. CHILD ABUSE.
Ha, just playing with that one.

But I don't like his nose.

I don't like his extremely large number of outfits. Tis unfair.
You have a Biker Wario, and then a Mario-ish Wario.

I wanted more Samus costumes... but no. Some fat guy took them all.

And I don't like HIS MOVES.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh, and I LOVE his nose.

AND,
He was nice to Lucas. ISN'T HE A FAMILY GUY?.
Ha, just not joking with that one.

But I STILL LOVE his nose.

I ENVY his extremely large number of outfits. Tis Cool and epic.
You have a kick *** Biker Wario, and then a Mario-ish ,but still better than Mario, Wario.

I wanted more Wario costumes... and I got my wish. Some fat guy like Wario deserves them all.

And I would kill to have HIS MOVES.
Fixed because you were mislead.

Top Bottom