• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is no one using D Smash?!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Recently I've shieldstabbed the BACK of my opponent's D3's shield consistently with a Dsmash. I wonder if the back of his (or all characters') shields are more vulnerable.

Also Dash attack = good edge guard if used awesomely.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
honestly, i dont really ever use down smash in singles. ide rather use it in doubles. in singles if u miss ur f'd .. but in doubles you have a better chance at hitting some 1 since there are 2 people. and if u miss both and lag.. u have ur partner to save u :)

Marth & Ike

Smash Rookie
I've only used b-throw if my back is right against the ledge, other than that it doesn't have much use.

D-smash is an okay move, if anything it just adds to what your opponent has to take into consideration, which makes his job of defending harder. I find it especially useful against MK (or light characters in general that have multi-jumps, or have great recovery), even more so if the first time I use it is for killing purposes. It usually won't ever be stale, it has great vertical killing chances, and landing a tipper is arguably easier.

F-smash is better overall, but if your opponent is looking for the F-smash (not jumping as much), then it increases the chances of D-smash landing, as opposed to being dodged/punished.

As with Marth's move-set, everything works well in tandem, and forms a very complete system. Leaving out one part of the system only decreases its efficiency.

Top Bottom