• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is luigi being considered better?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
His only real strength is that every attack, minus his jab combo, is a power attack. Other than that, he has tons of weaknesses. Bad recovery, slow attacks, lag in between attacks, and he's the lightest heavy-class character. Not to mention he has very little options for edge-guarding.

Pound-for-Pound, Ike is an opportunist character. He waits for a slip up and then bashes away.

EDIT: Oh, and Mario eats Ike for breakfast.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
Luigi: too floaty easy to ko and easy to gimp.
Luigi's down smash and fsmash has less range than marios. Luigi has less set -ups. mario is quicker.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Luigi: too floaty easy to ko and easy to gimp.
Luigi's down smash and fsmash has less range than marios. Luigi has less set -ups. mario is quicker.
F-smash can kill Mario around 80%, his Nair breaks down a lot of Mario's approches, Luigi can juggle Mario well, and has an easier time killing him. His aerial game is better than Mario's even with his speed. Luigi does well against Mario for the most part. Matador even said it was 8-2 in Luigi's advantage. I think 7-3 is more reasonable considering Luigi isn't that hard to fight against. This thread has overstayed its welcome for too long.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I'm sure it's been said before but Luigi has an amazing arieal game, much better then Mario's, thanks in part to his slow fall speed. He can short hop and fit in two aerial attacks at least. Have any of you seen Luigi's Fsmash when used repeatedly when tilted up? The speed that thing comes out at his RIDICULOUS not to mention the amazing vertical knockback you get when hitting with it upward. Luigi's Bair is so much better then Mario's thanks to Luigi's height for better range and his fall speed makes it SO much easier to chain 2 or even 3 Bairs in one jump. Not to mention his Jab Cancel's. A>UpB. It kills around 70%. Best jab cancel in the game, anyone? Luigi just has a ridculous amount of kill moves. It makes having a cape seem pointless.

Even as a Mario mainer myself it's not difficult to see that Luigi is much better then Mario.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
man, i just wish that there were more weegee mainers out in my area, it seems as if too many people are turned off by him. Surprisingly, most weegee mainers i knew from melee switched characters. I was winning like most of my matches against a pretty good weegee mainer from the last time i was playing brawl, though all of those matches were pretty close. I do admit that like 68% of my kills were from gimping luigi's recovery

but in any case, i do have to admit, although i still see a neutral match up between the two, luigi can freaking kill like a beast, which just makes him better.....

however, mario is more versatile, which is why i chose him over his lil bro.

hahaha, i think this thread has lasted long enough though, people think weegee is better generally because of his air game/KO potential, i think we should just leave it at that..l

Top Bottom