• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Lucas low tier???

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol best Lucas can hope for is to move up maybe a spot or two and even that might be expecting a lot. Don't get your hopes up. At the moment he deserves low tier.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
When did lucas become so bad?? I don't play brawl much anymore, but when I do I school anyone with Lucas, harsh.

I also beat the very hard boss battles with lucas, a few times.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
Whoa you must be pro. I bet you can't beat my classic mode score though.

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. People just don't understand that It's YOUR SKILL that matters, not their stats! I mean sure, The stats do have something to say, but really, IT'S THE SKIIIIIIIIL!!!!
Read the SBR Tier list explanation. Ters are when all things are equal, at the highest level of play. It ranks how each character does against the rest of the cast.

Lucas is mid weight.

And everytime I see Lucas and tier in the same sentence it's. DEATHGVRA LOLZ.

1. If Ness can escape Marth's CG at with 15% (Super grab break by the way) IMmpretty sure Lucas can escape earlier.

2. Lucas is only grab released downsmash by DK (again, only if they spin and around and it's a 50-50 chance lol)

Plenty of the current characters in mid tier have bad matchups. ex: Luigi, who actually HAS an infinite (via DDD) Fox, who gets CG by Pikachu from 0-60 with little effort e.c.t

I can go on, but in my opinion, it's that DG infinite rumor thats putting Lucas down.
Again, read the SBR tier list. This discussion already hapened. The Grab Release was NOT taken into account when they made the list.

IMO, its Lucas' lack of a good air game. His only auto-cancelled move is his Nair, which gets stale quickly. He is outranged by virually every character in the game. His "godly" projectiles can be cancelled by jabs. Lucas' main advantage he will have in tournaments is the other players lack of experience. He's not used much, if at all, in tournaments. So when Lucas mains kill with a PSI magnet, the other player will panic. His mindgames will save him.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Metaknight, Snake, Game and Watch, Toon Link, Marth, Diddy, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, Ness, and Wario are all matchups in which Lucas has a noticable disadvantage.

I'm sure we could argue plenty of others but these are the most obvious ones that I can think of off the top of my head. They also happen to be some of the most commonly played characters. Lucas deserves low.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Low tier character, is low tier.

However, he is pretty **** annoying if you play him right. I like annoying, a lot.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I think he should at least be mid tier.
Metaknight, Snake, Game and Watch, Toon Link, Marth, Diddy, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, Ness, and Wario are all matchups in which Lucas has a noticable disadvantage.
I definitely agree with that.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
umm... Vincent's bad ***, so... thanks?

lol, he's got a ton of bad matchups.
Lol, Vincent was pretty bad in FF7 though. Don't quote me on that.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to insult you.
Lucas doesn't have a bad matchup against Wario nor Ice climbers. Thats a farce.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
man vincent was the shiznit in every game he was in =P
LOL.

Bad stat growths, ultimate weapon needed DAYS for it to do 9999 (power is determined by the amount of kill you do) limit's are cool but weak. Cloud, Yuffie, Cid and Barret all have limits that do 13-15 times 9999. Vincent can only do it 1 to 2 times. In short, vincent sucks in FF7.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Lol, Vincent was pretty bad in FF7 though. Don't quote me on that.
you don't need to play as good characters to beat an RPG. In most RPG's you can basically beat every boss with any set of characters. And Vincent is a bad ***. Nothing can change that.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I loved making Umaro, Gogo, Gau and Strago my strongest characters in FFIII (VI) just because they're kind of lousy but fun characters. I beat that game an insane number of times. So good.

Jarun

Smash Cadet
Know what I think, the tier system is completely stupid, no character in my opinion is better than any other

Iron Mushroom

Smash Apprentice
Yep. I mean, if you're skilled, and the person playing as a high tier character is a newb(not n00b),or a sucky player then you might have a chance. But if you're about equal, you can bet the high tier player person would win

theUndead_feature

Smash Cadet
I can get along just fine with Lucus, tiers mean nothing, absolutely nothing. I can beat the living piss out of any character with Fox or Lucas, who I might add, are low tier characters. The whole tier discussion is void and null. People who base their Mains and secondaries off of tier lists deserve to be shot.

Iron Mushroom said that a low tier character will lose against a high tier character, that is a load of bullshat. I can prove it too. Anybody want to have a match against my Fox/Lucas with a high tier character? PM me.

Tiers are for Queers FTW.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Know what I think, the tier system is completely stupid, no character in my opinion is better than any other
That's what I thought.

Then I learned, and now I know better.

They do have a shred of truth, unfortunately...

Thossos

Smash Cadet
omg... I'm not responding tot he topic, only Undead

Tiers DO exist
they don't mean everything, and Iron Mushrrom ain't right
But let's give you an example.

say, in brawl, there was a character that was identical to another character, only it was slower and weaker (and uglier)
Would you agree that the slow/weak/ugly one is worse than the other? That's agreeing with tiers
someone could still WIN with the horriblone,but that doesn't make him better. But the fact remains, he SUCKS

It's much harder to make tiers in brawl, or to even SEE that for people like you, but there ARE tiers. They're just all much much closer than you would think possible to determine

Levitas

the moon
I can get along just fine with Lucas,
where? Dismiss most of what I'm about to say if you're a casual player, or bad at the game.

tiers mean nothing, absolutely nothing.
tiers are a concept and thus have intrinsic meaning relating to all the other concepts that they arose from, in addition to having inferred meaning based on the context given. In this case, they mean that one character is likely to do better than another in a tournament setting. That's one for me, none for you.
I can beat the living piss out of any character with Fox or Lucas, who I might add, are low tier characters.
So can I. The difference is that I play people like scotu and bowyer, who have some skill and reputation, whereas I've never heard of you or the people you play. And I readily admit that I cannot beat certain people playing certain characters. Now I have to admit that your point is factual, as ANYONE can beat up another character, but there's probably a skill gap between who's holding the controller of the character that's winning despite a bad matchup and the character that's losing because nobody's holding that controller.

The whole tier discussion is void and null.
This does not follow from any previous or following statements. try again.

People who base their Mains and secondaries off of tier lists deserve to be shot.
People who make extreme judgements on trivial things like using strategy in games deserve to be shot. Oh, wait, that would be bad for me to say, wouldn't it? Oh well...

Iron Mushroom said that a low tier character will lose against a high tier character, that is a load of bullshat.
In general, Mushroom's statement is true given the following assumptions:
  • Both players are competent enough to play at the level of the current metagame.
  • The players are at an approximately equal skill level, with neither's strategies counterpicking the others.
  • A higher tier character has a favorable matchup against a lower tier character
Now the obvious one that falls through every so often is the third point. For example, in melee, shiek did well against marth despite the fact that the current melee list places Marth at the top and shiek in high.

I can prove it too. Anybody want to have a match against my Fox/Lucas with a high tier character? PM me.
Online is a different game. Latency makes certain moves more powerful than they are in in-person games. Now if you happen to live in michigan, I'd be more than happy to beat the tier system into your face, but online is not my arena.

Tiers are for Queers FTW.
That thought process is for scrubs.

Thossos

Smash Cadet
LAWL UNDEAD
lolol
you fail
like... seriously

Captain Falcon is bottom tier. Yes.
If you think tiers mean he'll NEVER land a hit...
then
well
you're ********
/you

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
For the record Vincent is second best in the game in FF7.

Stat-wise he is similar to Cloud, but his MP and intelligence is a bit higher so he makes a matter mage. And since he has a gun you can stick him the back row which will increase his defense and his attack will remain at full strength.

His ultimate weapon the Death Penalty increases in power for every enemy killed. After killing thousands of enemies you can one shot kill any enemy in the game except Ruby Weapon. This includes Sephiroth.

Barret also has this glitch, but his weapon increases in power for all the AP he has from materia attached to him. He also has the best limit break in the game. Ungarmax. And he too has a gun so you can stick him in the back and cut loose. This makes him number one in the game by far.

Hyper God tier

Barret

God Tier

Vincent

Top Tier

Cid
Cloud

No one else matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At1-oFqawvc

Jarun

Smash Cadet
back on topic....i hate tiers no character is better than any other its all based on matchups and,how many players of that character pwn, i think that every character is the same, even god tiers like MK and bottoms like captain falcon (ew) so if anyone is willing to either make some one feel bad cuz theyre characters 'bad' or 'cheap' THEY are the ones who dont realise that it is just a GAME, made for fun purposes and not for pointless things such as tiers, there are bad MKs and godly captain falcons (gag). skill is the point. there.

Top Bottom