• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Link always a low tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
Now I know your probably gonna write a stupid reply like "Link is a low tier ******, look it on the brawl tier list". I bet the main reason that Link is always a low tier in all the smash games is that he is slow and tatical. Yes I think that people assume he can't be your best character just for that main reason. It's the same as bowser, people hate the fact that he is too slow. Now I've been using Link for a long time already, I can ammit that he is slow but he is best when it comes to far range attacks. As you know three of his special moves are projectiles. The projectiles are useful for racking up damage. The Gale Boomerage is great for edge blocking your enemy and set up combos. For me, when the word "combo" is said I think of midair attacks, which leads up to the fact that Link's midair moves are laggy. The most laggy one is the down A. When you miss your enemy with that attack Link's sword will be stuck to the ground making him have to pull it out which takes about a second. Even though it's very laggy if you hit an enemy he will be sent flying. Damage from the blow goes up to 25%. If you use this at right timing you'll really will damage them. The bomb is some what useful. It's good for boost tossing and throwing them at your enemys while they try to recover. One more good aspect about Link is his smash attack. The F-smash has two hits. Use it when your enemy's damage is low so that you'll hit them with both of the attacks which racks up about 30% damage. The up smash is a three hit move which can be use to your advantage. The Dash Attack Cancel also works well with Link so keep that in mind. Please reply telling me what you think how high or low Link should be in the Brawl tier list.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
It's his recovery.

Other then that and being a little slow when at very close range, he doesn't have anything wrong with him really.

[/thread]

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Seriously? He kind of deserves his place on the tier list. Link is pretty bad, recovery fails.

Tons of ATs and most people don't have the attention span to learn how to be good with Link unless they're Zelda fanboys, which is accounting for about 99% of the Link boards.

Link can be complete and utter **** when used right, but the same goes for just about any character. Link is a lot harder, more technical and requires more precision and thinking than most characters coupled together with his abysmal recovery is more than enough to earn him a low spot on the tier list.

But I'm sure most Link mains already KNOW this, this is the Link BOARDS where all the players discuss Link all day.

Oh, and...
"Link is only slow if you let him be slow."

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
People find it too easy to gimp Link with his awful recovery (I think they should give him a little more credit, but his recovery is still awful enough to keep him low).
He has laggy, punishable attacks in general, his projectiles are useful but not as good as other projectiles, such as Lucas' PK Thunder (UpB) and Falco's lasers.
To really become proficient with him requires a huge amount of effort, as you have to memorize and become comfortable with all of his AT's, each of which will be the saving factor for Link is specific situations.

It's too difficult to use Link for a great deal of the community, and although that is not a reason in and of itself, it implies that learning what technique to use, when to do it, and how to do it have all made Link regarded as a difficult and lackluster character.

Linkismyfavorite

Smash Cadet
Yeah everyone is right about his recovery, it sucks, but I still use Link the most because...well..."Link is my favorite." Link should be higher in the ranks though for how powerful he is and his projectiles, but the recovery is the main factor I guess. Though Toon Link's jumps are much better, which is unfair in a way, I say Link is better.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Now I know your probably gonna write a stupid reply like "Link is a low tier ******, look it on the brawl tier list". I bet the main reason that Link is always a low tier in all the smash games is that he is slow and tatical. Yes I think that people assume he can't be your best character just for that main reason. It's the same as bowser, people hate the fact that he is too slow. Now I've been using Link for a long time already, I can ammit that he is slow but he is best when it comes to far range attacks. As you know three of his special moves are projectiles. The projectiles are useful for racking up damage. The Gale Boomerage is great for edge blocking your enemy and set up combos. For me, when the word "combo" is said I think of midair attacks, which leads up to the fact that Link's midair moves are laggy. The most laggy one is the down A. When you miss your enemy with that attack Link's sword will be stuck to the ground making him have to pull it out which takes about a second. Even though it's very laggy if you hit an enemy he will be sent flying. Damage from the blow goes up to 25%. If you use this at right timing you'll really will damage them. The bomb is some what useful. It's good for boost tossing and throwing them at your enemys while they try to recover. One more good aspect about Link is his smash attack. The F-smash has two hits. Use it when your enemy's damage is low so that you'll hit them with both of the attacks which racks up about 30% damage. The up smash is a three hit move which can be use to your advantage. The Dash Attack Cancel also works well with Link so keep that in mind. Please reply telling me what you think how high or low Link should be in the Brawl tier list.
Link is bottom tier ******, look at the brawl tier list. XD

jk, i see you're new. Take a look at the stickies. There we have a Q&A thread, so go ahead and post any questions you have there.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Tons of ATs and most people don't have the attention span to learn how to be good with Link unless they're Zelda fanboys, which is accounting for about 99% of the Link boards.
Truth.

Now replace "Link" and "Zelda" with "Sonic"

You're still left with truth.

:093:

Bouse

Smash Ace
"Link is only slow if you let him be slow."
^
This.

Though Link will always be slow against Fox/Falco/MK, and will always feel that way.

Aurashade said:
Why would you bother to post a stupid thread like this? seriously? you have got to be kidding.
To piss you off.

Bouse

Smash Ace
I think you're a perfect example of someone who should just stop posting altogether as well.
And yet I continue...

I wonder if there's some magical way for you to stop me from posting random and annoying things.

Nope.

But you know I love ya Aura. Just about the same as I love my morning ****. It'll always be there waiting for me, and it'll be easy sometimes, painful some other times. But in the end, I'll be happier for it because that's how my body consistently removes waste to prevent the toxic build up of nasty chemicals.

I lost track of what I was going to say here but I think you get what I'm say here Aurashade. You're like the **** everyone deals with on a daily basis. You get used to it, and unless that **** is particularly painful... it's most likely not that memorable.

You need to eat some more razorblades so at least the **** will cut something up.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
And yet I continue...

I wonder if there's some magical way for you to stop me from posting random and annoying things.

Nope.

But you know I love ya Aura. Just about the same as I love my morning ****. It'll always be there waiting for me, and it'll be easy sometimes, painful some other times. But in the end, I'll be happier for it because that's how my body consistently removes waste to prevent the toxic build up of nasty chemicals.

I lost track of what I was going to say here but I think you get what I'm say here Aurashade. You're like the **** everyone deals with on a daily basis. You get used to it, and unless that **** is particularly painful... it's most likely not that memorable.

You need to eat some more razorblades so at least the **** will cut something up.
it's a shame your parents didn't love you enough to tell you so

such life goes wasted yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom