• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I'll still main Peach.

RickRIGHTEOUS

Smash Cadet
Dark.Pch vs Yuna - The match of the century...
LOL! But really, Yuna you are being rather negative. Peach is pretty nerfed, but if you really think about it, an original Peach style could bring Peach to the near top if it can be found - and Marth is one of Peach's most dfficult opponents, so using it as an example doesn't really help you... As a past Marth main, I know that certain characters proved difficult for top tier characters as well, so... stop stating the obvious. Peach is worse than in melee, but she can still destroy others. Got it? Or are you still going to argue with Dark.Pch and everyone that doesn't want to hear you? Yuna, you are a good player and I respect that - but nobody wants to hear you ramble on about how she is weaker because everyone knows - but she CAN win against the best because she IS still one of them.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
LOL! But really, Yuna you are being rather negative. Peach is pretty nerfed, but if you really think about it, an original Peach style could bring Peach to the near top if it can be found - and Marth is one of Peach's most dfficult opponents, so using it as an example doesn't really help you... As a past Marth main, I know that certain characters proved difficult for top tier characters as well, so... stop stating the obvious. Peach is worse than in melee, but she can still destroy others. Got it? Or are you still going to argue with Dark.Pch and everyone that doesn't want to hear you? Yuna, you are a good player and I respect that - but nobody wants to hear you ramble on about how she is weaker because everyone knows - but she CAN win against the best because she IS still one of them.
*clap* *clap*.......i agree with you
come on Yuna he has a point

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why cause you dont see me *****ing about her bad side. Cause I'm always talking about whats good about Peach. Why the hell would I let her bad side determind how I should think of how I use Peach. Her bad side is just her weakness. And I protect it with her good side. Peach has alot of good things about her. Its not all bad. All you have been doing is *****ing about her bad side. And she does have KO-options and potential. Yuna just knock this crap off already.
You do not only talk about her good sides. That wouldn't be a problem.

The problem is that you embellish her good sides! And sometimes even make stuff up! The stuff you claim "works" with Peach often only works on really stupid people who DI wrong or not at all (despite Peach being quite easy to DI against)! Some things don't work... ever.

And I correct you when you do this, upon which you insult me and call me names for being "too negative". I've rather be negative than a pseudo-liar.

A lot of your posts are misleading too, not because they present wrong information, but because you're melodramatic and you emphasize the negatives:
I do not emphasize anything. Have you read my thread about Brawl-Peach? I brought up pretty much all of her changes.

The reason why I "emphasize on the negative" is because you, Dark.Pch and some other people embellish, exaggerate and sometimes directly lie about Brawl Peach. So I have to refute these statements, which makes it sound like I focus on the negative aspects.

They are only negative because I'm refuting your embellishments and lies! It only sounds negative because I'm crushing your Magic Google Vision of this High Tier Peach where Dthrow actually combos.

"into infinity" a bit melodramatic. I'll agree that it's not as strong or as good, but you have to admit that an uncharged d-smash that can do 50% is a bit unfair.
Only if they CC and only if they don't DI (if they're fastfallers). It was overpowered, yes, but since CC is out now, anyway, they didn't really have to nerf it as much as they did. And the problem is that they nerfed more than that while not giving her much new useful stuff.

It's never been as fast as Sheik's, Marth's, Fox's, or Falco's, or most of the other people's f-air, but it was still used a lot. So what's the point of mentioning that? It got buffed. You could've just left it at that, but you add in the negative.
Because you or whoever I quoted embellished just how buffed it got? I simply stated the real facts and suddenly I'm in the wrong?

You keep emphasizing how slow it is (not neccessarily in this post) but you keep overlooking the fact that it has more reach and it kills now.
Because some people make it sound like some Holy Grail. And I have repeatedly also said "Yes, it can KO now". I have not even denied it, I've acknowledged it.

So Peach Bomber starts up faster, has less lag, has a greater distance, and "semi-spikes" but all you ever mention in your other posts is that it doesn't start up fast enough and that you can't wall bomb anymore as if that's a technique that will be greatly missed.
And why should we even care that much about how the Peach Bomber is better? It's still not that good! And the knockback is negligent, even at 100%!

The startup frames, cooldown lag and just random crappiness of how it works (it's so slow people can easily intercept it unless they're lagging from a failed strong Smash or laggy aerial, from which a Dashattack would be a much better punisher) does not outweigh the damage and knockback it does.

It's not an amazing move. It's not even a good move. It's a mediocre move. But people are talking about it as if it's some great move now.

Completely uninformative because you exaggerate it's "lack of range."
How is that uninformative? It has less range on all three attacks. It's also weaker on knockback (I did not check damage). All of her turnip options have been nerfed... except for the new Glide Toss (which is a buffed version of the Rolling Toss in Melee). Every single thing she can pull up has been nerfed.

I'd think that's rather important to mention.

There it is again.

"An original style can bring Peach to a high level" - My tuchas. If the character's metagame is limited and it's got little potential, no matter how creative or original you are, your character will still be a bad character!

When was the last time you saw someone pick a novelty character, play "creatively" or "originally" and make it big at a tournament (Top12)? That's right, never.

The most you could hope for would be a few wins against players surprised by your "original style" but once the novelty issue wears off, you'll get destroyed. It's like how perfectly skilled Smashers might be thrown off by the likes of Yoshi because so few people play him.

So what? Once the Tops and High Tiers have learned how to deal with him, even the most original Yoshi will fail.

Who cares if you're "creative" or "original" if your character's metagame is just not that good?

Marth, as I have already stated, is just an example because he's a Brawl Top Tier. I might as well bring up Lucas. It also does not matter that Marth was a hard matchup for Peach in Melee. If Peach had been buffed and Marth nerfed, she'd own him.

But that's not the case, now is it? Marth was only negligently nerfed while Peach was greatly nerfed. Which makes the matchup much harder and no matter how creative you are, Brawl Marth will destroy Brawl Peach. Peach should also not do very well against Pikmin & Olimar, Pit, Meta-Knight, Zelda, Lucas and others who I predict to be Top and High Tier.

Because Peach is just not that good in Brawl. And for emphasis: Peach's metagame, as we know it today, is not that good. No matter how "creative" or "original" you try to be as her, her metagame will not magically improve!

You claim she can still "destroy others"? Name 5 characters she definitely destroys. Peach is just not worse than in Melee. She's much worse. And people should start waking up and smell the roses already instead of huddling together in denial and embellishing her metagame in the hopes that it'll magically make her good again.

Why does the fact that Peach isn't that good a character anymore bother you guys so much you're in such denial and practically lie to yourselves and others about how good she is (like how strong her moves are and what her combos are)? Embrace the truth and learn to live with it.

I could care less if you guys just said "We'll still stick with Peach because we like her". Who am I to tell you who to play?

But when you guys embellish, exaggerate and downright lie, that's when I put my foot down and correct you. Because imagine if some hapless n00b walked in here and got the impression that Peach is among the Top or High Tiers? But apparently I'm a bad guy for that.

Then what the heck are you doing? Reminding us how much Peach sucks? Please, stop it.
I'm correcting misinformation and downright lies.

On a side note, I know Snake, Wario, and Falco can do their dash attack and cancel into an up smash right after they hit an opponent/object. Can peach do it to?
No.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I make stuff up.......yea ok. Your a lil to dramatic with her bad side. And this whole topic. How many people are gonna have to get at you for you to give this up already? And dont make it seem like I am the only one getting at you Yuna. Look around this thread. I dont recall me saying something good about Peach and going "oh do this, its godly!, nothing can be done to stop it. Muahahahahaha!!!"

Just pack it up and leave. we dont wanna see this anymore. take a hint from me and everyone else in here.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I make stuff up.......yea ok. Your a lil to dramatic with her bad side. And this whole topic. How many people are gonna have to get at you for you to give this up already? And dont make it seem like I am the only one getting at you Yuna. Look around this thread. I dont recall me saying something good about Peach and going "oh do this, its godly!, nothing can be done to stop it. Muahahahahaha!!!"

Just pack it up and leave. we dont wanna see this anymore. take a hint from me and everyone else in here.
i second this post

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm correcting misinformation and downright lies. Because imagine if some hapless n00b walked in here and got the impression that Peach is among the Top or High Tiers?
That's not happening. People at the Melee Kirby boards have competitive vids, techniques, etc. and you don't see him being perceived as Top Tier (and most importantly, you don't see angry Kirby haters despite him being the 3rd worst). I third that post ^^

RickRIGHTEOUS

Smash Cadet
How on Earth can you say that you have already predicted Peach's mid-tier spot Yuna? Tiers are made for the "creative" strategies that players have come up with. And if people are still making their strategies to a new game - all you are doing is stating your opinion in the first place and acting as if it were the the only truth. And quoting everyone that discusses there opinions with you and calling them wrong is kind of... dumb. And if people like me or DarkPch. think you are being dramatic, just take it as an opinion rather than an insult to you. We are not misguiding anyone away from "the truth" but more towards a personal opinion. Just leave it at that.

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
Saying that creativity means nothing was disproven a long time ago by Melee Peach. I'm not saying that she'll suddenly be top tier a soon as someone "creates" her, but still...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How on Earth can you say that you have already predicted Peach's mid-tier spot Yuna? Tiers are made for the "creative" strategies that players have come up with. And if people are still making their strategies to a new game - all you are doing is stating your opinion in the first place and acting as if it were the the only truth. And quoting everyone that discusses there opinions with you and calling them wrong is kind of... dumb. And if people like me or DarkPch. think you are being dramatic, just take it as an opinion rather than an insult to you. We are not misguiding anyone away from "the truth" but more towards a personal opinion. Just leave it at that.
Saying that creativity means nothing was disproven a long time ago by Melee Peach. I'm not saying that she'll suddenly be top tier a soon as someone "creates" her, but still...
*gives you both Peach tea for being the awsome*

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Um, I just say wait and see. To be honest, in order to know how good Peach can be, we have to understand her bad points. However, once we understand it....we need to remember it, and then work with it. I understand she has bad points, but she probably has good points, too. I think everyone is just a wee bit premature in saying where Peach is going to end up in the Tier List. Nobody saying she's top tier or mid tier. Peach needs to be developed hands down. Just think of one major factor, in a game where we are probably going to need to rely on ground tactics more than aerial, Peach has that one rare option to do both. Since she can still instafloat, and from my understanding, she still has very little lag from her attacks, her options are still wide. It is true what Yuna is saying about her bad points, but I truly believe that she's got some kind of surprises up her sleeve.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, what? Were you here? Did people say "Peach sucks" back then? Also, back then, the community was quite small and they knew nothing about anything. It took them years to figure out a lot of things.

Nowadays, the community is so vetted and large we can determine how good a character is gonna be based on their meta-game after extensive testing for a short period of time. And from what we know so far, barring finding out a slew of Peach-specific techniques that make her rise exponentially in potential, she's not that good.
you are simple, aren't you? anyway, I personally was not there from the beginning, but a good friend of mine was; Mike G. he explained everything to me, saying that for the longest time, people said exactly this, "Peach is frankly too slow to be competitive. Her attacks are not very good, and the only real attack she has going for her is down smash." then, he comes along and makes a whole new style for her, changing the metagame you speak so much of completely.

my point is, basically no one is arguing with you based on being a fan, but more on common sense. as i had to explain to Cort, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are fanatical about whatever they disagree with you on. developing a metagame in a brand new game takes just what it took in Melee's SEVEN YEARS of life...time. as everything has not been found out about Brawl yet, maybe Peach will suck. Maybe she won't. The bottom line is that it is unknown until everything has been found out, as with Melee.

So again, to make SURE you get this, and to answer you question, YES, everyone thought Peach sucked at the beginning, and the real question you need ask yourself is, were YOU here during it all? because, based on your lack of knowledge now, it doesn't seem likely. if you think this is false, you can talk to Mikey about it. EvilPeach18, so you now know.

kutebabidear

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, fast internet. no items & s
why is yuna so pessimistic? :confused:

i personally got adapted to the new Peach, and now I love her the way she is.

She's so much faster now, which makes combos easier, and just overall she plays smoother, i love it!

I also love the new Peach bomber, it actually has many uses, you can even bomb away enemies that are trying to recover back to the stage thx to the longer reach :bee:

If one chooses to only focus on the negative side of any other character or anything general in life, obviously you can make things seem worse than it really is.

Seriously, the new peach isn't as bad as some ppl here make out to be, like I said before, instead of *****ing over the things she lost, how about embracing and taking advantage of all the new improvements peach gained ;)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I play whichever character's style suits me more. But if they can't do ****, then it doesn't suit me. I can't play a character who can't combo, rack up damage or KO. That's not my style.
(+ a few other posts which I won't bother quoting)

Wow wait, so you're saying you don't have any Nintendo fan obsessions? =P

*not expecting that to be true*

The reasonable player should be pleased this once nearly broken character is toned down. This favors people who want to play with the characters they actually like when fewer characters stand out as broken. A large part of what's great in gameplay IMO is finding ways to work around your limitations. People who are awesome with "bad" characters are generally more impressive anyway.

Or IMO, if anyone should be top tier in a game, that character should actually be awesome and significant. Like Mario. He doesn't get enough competitive respect as it is, despite being the best video game character ever. >_>

Top Bottom